AirWhore

I hate Skyride too

i have just worked for other companies that are 3rd party booking agents and i know how they work and how they generate there phone calls its very similar.

How similar?

SO, let's say I call Orbitz, and say I am in Salt Lake City, and I need to go to Chicago.

If they take my money and book my flight (oh, I forgot to say I wanted to fly), and then two weeks later I get to the SLC airport, can they rightfully tell me I need to drive to Los Angeles to get on the plane?! Is this not what happens when people in SLC book a skydive through your company?

This is what you work for.

Ugh. Why I even waste my time...
Roll Tide Roll

Ryan, I'll just keep this in the forums if it's alright with you as this is not a personal matter. If you want to answer questions I think you should be proud to do it here.

Here's a question. Do you truly believe that the whole skydiving industry is wrong about what has gone on with Skyride? Do you think that everyone is just jealous and had made up all of the things that have been said about Skyride? Do you think that the Attorney Geanerals office just picked them out of thin air to pick on? How about my question about the Tullahoma phone number?

How about thishttp://www.skydiveathens.com/directions/athens.html Does this seem fair to the consumer? Do you personally feel this is OK?

Ryan you're barking up the wrong tree. If you are content working for people like Ben and Cary and making your money knowing that people are being deceived everyday then stay there and do your job. But don't come here and tell us that it's alright. And please be careful when you're getting patted on the back, they are just looking for a soft spot to put the knife.

Good luck to you. I hope Karma is not what they say it is.

Lemme guess . . . Someone either called or PM'd you and tried to plead their case.

Sounds like a desperate attempt to justify himself to himself, knowing deep down inside, that he is intentionally deceiving himself.

Sad Really.

Was any attempt ever made to refund/make restitution for the money that was gained by the movement of the phone numbers or phone calls?

If not, then one must ask themselves, "Why not?"

Then ask one should ask themselves, "Would I really work for people that would do that?"

Noone of any good moral standing would answer yes to the last question.

Those that do say yes, and support B & G are just as much of a criminal as they are.

I say support because some people actually need their job, but at least have the balls to stand up for what is believed in.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I know a few Ga. skydivers that stood behind Ben and Cary through all of this crap, right up to the time that the phone number fraud was discovered and then they said,"That's all I can take."

Ryan, if you can work there knowing that they stole a phone number from a dead mans family you are cut from the same moral fiber as they are.

Think about it,Who are you, How were you raised? To use one of my favorite quotes from Cary Q and turn it into a question. Does the end justify the means?" Yes the is what he said when Skydiving Magazine asked him about his business practices. "The end justifies the means." I'm sure you can find that article if you wanted to read it.

Just Google 1-800-Skyride and start reading. Do you think all of these people are wrong?

Just Google 1-800-Skyride and start reading. Do you think all of these people are wrong?

. . . while being defended by how many?

What is the saying -

The insane think the sane are insane.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Here's another one that is about a year old. I think you said you have been there 4 yrs. Can you tell us if this customer was ever satisfied?

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/148/ripoff0148373.htm#170180

Something about the responses to the end of this report...1-800-SKYDIVE is a legitimate number around the nation but now in the Atlanta area, it too is directed to Skyride. Monroe used to have that number, but since they have shut down it is now part of the empire. :S[:/]

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

There should be a shirt given to each newly-exed Skyride employee - "God Save (his name here)," the 'apparently overzealous employee who scoffed at the beautification laws to promote the company, unbeknownst to anyone that whole time'...or, again, was it done in that Machiavellian style of the Thomaston group, using him to make Skyride look bad, as was told to town officials for explanation?

Huh? Am I missing something? What does Thomaston have to do with this? Thomaston is Skydive Atlanta (NOT Skyride). Rockmart is Atlanta Skdiving Center (aka Skydive Georgia, Skydive Nashville, Skydive Athens, Skydive Birmingham, etc etc) and Skyride affiliated.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

There should be a shirt given to each newly-exed Skyride employee - "God Save (his name here)," the 'apparently overzealous employee who scoffed at the beautification laws to promote the company, unbeknownst to anyone that whole time'...or, again, was it done in that Machiavellian style of the Thomaston group, using him to make Skyride look bad, as was told to town officials for explanation?

Huh? Am I missing something? What does Thomaston have to do with this? Thomaston is Skydive Atlanta (NOT Skyride). Rockmart is Atlanta Skdiving Center (aka Skydive Georgia, Skydive Nashville, Skydive Athens, Skydive Birmingham, etc etc) and Skyride affiliated.

I'm not sure, but I think he meant that ASC/Skyride tried to blame it on Skydive Atlanta and make it look like their fault. It's been a while though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do ya think old Ryan has been hittin the crack pipe filled with some of that suburbia Peachtree Cty crack or that regular old Blair Village ghetto crack?

I lean towards that Peachtree City crack, that's the only place he could get some shit as good as what ever he is on!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Huh? Am I missing something?

Yes. Re-read the post in the context of this thread and previous post from similar threads I have referenced, but to save you time, here's the gist:

A few years ago, a post was fraudulently made by someone pretending to be me, on rec.skydiving, including my real e-mail address at the time. It was insane and barely intelligible, and the person who wrote it likely penned a note purporting to be from me, to the St. Clair Airport Authority, where ASC had just moved in. It was all an attempt to discredit and/or intimidate me in my town. The same person(s) really should have taken some night courses since dropping out if they really wanted to write and try to mimic someone like me.

When I discovered each of these issues over the next couple of weeks, I didn't bother to send notes or letters in my inquiry. I was told (in person) at the time that it was "probably those guys up at Cullman (Jonathan, you prick!) or over at Thomaston" who did it, once again, trying to make ASC look bad ('cuz everyone knows it's all just a conspiracy put on by the jealous dzo's).

It was traced back to them soon enough.

Even better, before the truth came out, they had already presented those letters as "evidence" when their hangar was (supposedly) broken into and their gear (supposedly) stolen. Can you imagine what a Quantico-trained Pell City detective felt like when he realized how he had been jerked around?!

When they were confronted about the sign issue in Roswell, again, the official inquirer was given a similar story. They told him that it was Thomaston trying to make them look bad. It didn't help that the complainant also got mixed up in who he was calling and who he was speaking with at the time all that was going on, as well as who he should have been talking to.

"Oh, he doesn't work for us, he works for the competition trying to make us look bad by putting our signs and bumper stickers all over any object within a (then) 300 mile radius."

THIS is who they are.

It's like I told some nice prostitutes I was talking to on the Vegas Strip a month ago: "It may seem like easy money, but when you finally get your degree this job choice is supporting, how's your record going to look on your application when everyone knows what you did?"
Roll Tide Roll

I guess I do that a lot. Another cause of confusion is there are three threads running somewhat parallel to one-another in the forums, and it's sometimes hard to remember if what I am referencing five posts back is in fact in the current line.
Roll Tide Roll

i have jumped i am not an avid skydiver though, and no we have not met i just clicked on post and since it was under i hate skyride too. i just loved that picture of yours too ;)

Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Yes i know our websites are hated to say the least but its not a new concept to advertise in surrounding areas that you service i can list plenty of other companies who do the same even if the location they can go to is another state away the only thing that would make it unethical is if a customer calls in and that company still claim to have something for them when they do not that is not right, which we do not do we give an accurate millage to our closets affiliated DZ

Please explain how any DZ in Utah is a "surrounding area" to any aspect of Atlanta?

If a drop zone OWNER or DZO has an issue with one of our websites they can call me and i can see what i can do, and make changes accordingly more than likely i have already contacted you at one point or another so you should have my information.
Thanks
Ryan Berger

I have sent two letters to Skyride, both of which have gone unanswered. Bill Gephardt of KUTV sent letters which went unanswered. KUTV sent a newscrew to SDA and were asked to leave the building. Doesn't sound like Skyride "makes changes accordingly."

I have sent two letters to Skyride, both of which have gone unanswered. Bill Gephardt of KUTV sent letters which went unanswered. KUTV sent a newscrew to SDA and were asked to leave the building. Doesn't sound like Skyride "makes changes accordingly."

Did you say Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston? They're not skyride.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban