Jumpah

Suggestions for some new wines to try

Hey all,

I'm looking for some new wines to try that are in the $11 - $22 price range.

I am a fan of NZ's Tohu, Isabel Sauvignon Blancs, and California's Cakebread,and Groth's Sauvignon Blancs. For reds I tend to like French Bordeaux and Russian River Pinot (California) in that price range, Groth and Cakebread reds if I'm in the mood to spend.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Well I am a CabSov man and also a Gran CruClassie type.... I tried a CS last week called RavensWood that was really tasty! 2005 I think... I remember telling myself to go back and get a case of it! But I bought more TeKILLya instead... Usually all of my GranCru is too pricey to buy in qty so I will treat myself now and zen... I personnely like the Gran Cru's from the St. Emmy area

I honestly never have...I'll make a point to! A friend is a wine rep and I'll see what she can dig up :)
Thanks for the recommendations...I've had rabbit ridge and david bruce wines before and liked them both too. Good stuff, thanks for the posts...

When I was in the US I was big on the Fetzer Merlot.

Right now I'm in Argentina with about 20 wineries within a 100mile radious and loving the Malbecs here. Anything Argentino or Chileno you can get your hands on, grab it.

:(200ft away from the DZ with the busted-ass plane:(:(

I got nuthin

I am a big fan of Yellowtail, especially the Chardonnay and Shiraz. Not a Merlot fan in anything really, because you really can't swill it (yeah, I'm that guy in "Sideways."

Alice White is okay too.

Nto exactly a connoisseur here, if you hadn't guessed it already.:S

Roll Tide Roll

We just tried a really nice chardonnay by Merryvale last weekend. Also have had their cab before and like it also.

As for Sauv Blanc, there's one called Fair Valley that's become a new favorite for us. Stanley Lambert has a nice sauvignon blanc, just came out with a really light pinot noir (I was surprised when I tasted it)- they have some different blends as well. All of their wines are in the 14-25 range.