chaoskitty

Need French Lessons

Hi! Does anyone have any good 'Learn to speak French' cd's or software lying around that you would be willing to loan out to me? I'd really like the Rosetta Stone programs, but I already know enough basic French to get by without paying $300 for a product like that.
I'm looking on craigslist and ebay as well.. just thought I'd ask. :)

Thanks Paul, that would be awesome. You can study with us. :)

bahhhhh, she does not have them anymore. Gave them to a cousin to borrow. Blast!!! I thought there were the rosetta ones, but not. Pimsler or something.

Anyway, I guess no french lessons for me[:/].

I would like to learn french some, just enough to get by on a visit over there one day.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Being married to a Swiss national for 8 years, I learned by just being around him and his family (who didn't speak any English) as well as our trips to Switzerland and the South of France. Although I took 4 years of French in High School and College, it wasn't the same once I was around those with French as their native tongue. The dialect and slang in Switzerland and France didn't sound ANYTHING like I learned in school, therefore it was like starting over from the beginning.

The first year or so around Marc's family, I used to have a delayed "ah ha!" or *laugh* after a good 5 minutes to translate their conversation in my head from French to English...and by that time, they were on to another topic and gave me the funniest looks.:D

I need French kiss lessons. I'd really like the Chaos Kitty program, but I already know enough basic kissing to get by without having to pay $300 for a trip to your place.

I'm looking on Who's online and women's forum as well.... just thought i would ask.... and tease the Kitty.:P

I've gone to France twice now with only knowing very basic words and have gotten around just fine. That includes getting out of Paris and driving to Spain and Germany where there are less English speaking natives. There were a few instances where we got by with pointing or looking up words in the dictionary, but you can definitely get by without spending money on a lesson program.

My best suggestion- learn to say "tap water" or else you'll spend a fortune on bottles of water at dinner because that's all they will bring you.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah we will be fine with basic stuff.. but I still have a pretty good passive vocabulary. Remi IM's me in French and I understand him.. I just have a hard time replying. Want to brush up on my pronunciation too.
Of course, the most important lesson will be how to order good wine!

To me the basics include "how do I get back to the hotel", "where is the bathroom", and "how do I order the good French wine".
I think Kitty has that covered. But can she be trusted?? :D
She might have me drinking really crappy wine in the men's bathroom of some dumpy hotel. :S

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

>My best suggestion- learn to say "tap water" or else you'll spend a fortune on bottles of water at dinner because that's all they will bring you.
You have got to be kidding, That just cracked me up:D:D

Gone fishing

Every time I would ask someone in Paris to "parlez lentement, s'il-vous plaites" they just talked even faster. >:(:D

I could be wrong here, but maybe if you had said "qu-est ce que tu parle lentement, s'il te plait?", they wouldnt have thought you were so stuck up. :D They would have just thought you didn't know how to speak French, which they already knew.. ;) Silly frenchies!
Seriously.. I'm going to get all brushed up on my French and think I'm all that.. until we get there. :o

Ou est le hot mens! (chaud hommes?) :D:D