Gato

I Quit Smoking 20 Minutes Ago....

Hey -

A year ago, I promised myself that when I became a skydiver, I would stop smoking cigarettes. I said it out loud in front of my wife.

On a mere technicality, one is not considered a "real skydiver" in the Static Line progression until one pulls for onesself. So I've continued smoking for this past year, but I passed my Clear & Pull on saturday. It's in my logbook.

Now I have to honor my promise; I've read "The Easy Way" book by Allen Carr, and I believe I can do this! If I can get over the fear of a Cessna, this shouldn't be so difficult, even if it is a less acute and long-term fear.

Would anyone care to join me - or at the very least send vibes for brief and uneventful withdrawl pangs?

Just for fun, I'm going to put what I would have spent on smokes into a coffee can for a few weeks, and see what happens.

Cheers!

Gato
T.I.N.S.

Hey -

A year ago, I promised myself that when I became a skydiver, I would stop smoking cigarettes. I said it out loud in front of my wife.

On a mere technicality, one is not considered a "real skydiver" in the Static Line progression until one pulls for onesself. So I've continued smoking for this past year, but I passed my Clear & Pull on saturday. It's in my logbook.

Now I have to honor my promise; I've read "The Easy Way" book by Allen Carr, and I believe I can do this! If I can get over the fear of a Cessna, this shouldn't be so difficult, even if it is a less acute and long-term fear.

Would anyone care to join me - or at the very least send vibes for brief and uneventful withdrawl pangs?

Just for fun, I'm going to put what I would have spent on smokes into a coffee can for a few weeks, and see what happens.

Cheers!

Gato

Good luck brother... I quit smoking... just switched over to chewing tobacco. Figured the smoking was affecting me more, so I switched. I don't care to quit right now as I'm still trying to make up for the money I lost to twardo back in april.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You can do it!

I'm in my third month no smoking or so..

Last time I quit it lasted 6 months! But then I was on 1 packet a day again for 6 months..
;)

Better to be an on/off smoker than smoke your whole life..
Of course the best is it to stop smoking completly! Much luck with it!

Good luck brother... I quit smoking... just switched over to chewing tobacco. Figured the smoking was affecting me more, so I switched. I don't care to quit right now as I'm still trying to make up for the money I lost to twardo back in april.

Yeah...you quit because ya couldn't afford a pack of smokes every time ya pack your rig...then again watchin' ya pack...I understand the nervousness!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good luck brother... I quit smoking... just switched over to chewing tobacco. Figured the smoking was affecting me more, so I switched. I don't care to quit right now as I'm still trying to make up for the money I lost to twardo back in april.

Yeah...you quit because ya couldn't afford a pack of smokes every time ya pack your rig...then again watchin' ya pack...I understand the nervousness!

Shut up and gimme a beer.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You can do it if I can bro. After 20 years, I went "cold turkey" five weeks and three days ago. I can tell you where and when the last puff I had was and how much I enjoyed it.:S Finally got to the point where I just shamed myself into laying 'em down.:$ I don't miss them or even think about them at all anymore.B|

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Finally......I don't miss them or even think about them at all .

How long did THAT take? :S

I quit on my birthday a week back...

...and two days ago, the wife picked up an extra trip & left the country to get away from ole grumpy! ;)

...and two days ago, the wife picked up an extra trip & left the country to get away from ole grumpy! ;)

How long ago did you start back up? 6 days?

Clean for 9 days....& no felonies...YET! :P

howz tht going for you?

I bet you $1000 that i can blow more smoke rings than you over a total of one hour every day.

Every day you blow as many smoke rings as you can in an hour and add the total up. after a month we will see who has blown the most.

If you beat me i will give you $1000
This is only for you though.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

howz tht going for you?

I bet you $1000 that i can blow more smoke rings than you over a total of one hour every day.

Every day you blow as many smoke rings as you can in an hour and add the total up. after a month we will see who has blown the most.

If you beat me i will give you $1000
This is only for you though.

Prolly not U.S. $ though...I hear not everyone uses 'em! :ph34r:

Gato -

I quit smoking three months ago. Best thing I ever did. I smoked for 13 years.... I have tried quitting with the patch before. This time I went cold turkey and it was the best way ever. The first week sucked, but then it started to get easier. Now I don't even get bothered by the smoke.

Keep up the good work and just remember if you fall off the wagon its not the end of the world...just get back on it.

Good luck!!! And keep us up to date on how things are going.

i quit 6 years ago using the final smoke pills. i used the money i saved toward a car stereo system to reward myself. if i had been a jumper back then i would have spent the money on jumps. just the other week while getting gas i saw a sign for how much cigs are nowadays and started calculating how many jumps a month i can do instead based on my past pack a day habit.

best of luck!
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

If you really want to quit you can. I quit almost 1 year ago. The first couple of weeks i was a total asshole to everyone I came in contact with but that soon wore off. After a couple of weeks you will be able to taste your food more, be able to smell things better and not smell like shit yourself all the time.
I did what someone else said and put all the money I would have spent on cigarettes into a jar for the first 6 months. I had over a $1000 in there so I went and spent that, plus a little more, on a new TV. It's really all in your head, you don't need to waste money on nicotine patches, gum ect.....

Get some running shoes! When you get home every day, strap em on and go. It sucks at first but it gets that urge out and starts cleaning out your lungs right away. It helps with those times when you want to hit something, plus you won't gain those quitters pounds.
"not all grief is bad grief, just ask Charlie Brown"

Good for you!!! You will find that there are physical things to deal with when you quit (I thought I was going to cough up a lung). Once you have been without for a few days then the nicotine is out of the system. After that is all the hand to mouth habits you miss.

I quit 10 years ago and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I woke up every day and promised myself that "for today I will not smoke". It is hard but well worth it.

Clean for 9 days....& no felonies...YET! :P

So when's the wife gonna unchain you? Still not sure whether it's to keep you from committing said felonies or not.;)