Gato

I Quit Smoking 20 Minutes Ago....

Finally......I don't miss them or even think about them at all .

How long did THAT take? :S

I quit on my birthday a week back...

...and two days ago, the wife picked up an extra trip & left the country to get away from ole grumpy! ;)

How long ago did you start back up? 6 days?

Clean for 9 days....& no felonies...YET! :P

So when's the wife gonna unchain you? Still not sure whether it's to keep you from committing said felonies or not.;)

She's in Spain until Sat. hope I don't run outta FOOD! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Finally......I don't miss them or even think about them at all .

How long did THAT take? :S

I quit on my birthday a week back...

...and two days ago, the wife picked up an extra trip & left the country to get away from ole grumpy! ;)

How long ago did you start back up? 6 days?

Clean for 9 days....& no felonies...YET! :P

So when's the wife gonna unchain you? Still not sure whether it's to keep you from committing said felonies or not.;)

She's in Spain until Sat. hope I don't run outta FOOD! ;)

With Bear around the house, I'd guess you're screwed! Have you run outta ice cubes yet?
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Well, all this talk motivated me, and I decided to quit starting today. Haven't had a drop of nicotine yet this morning, so I'm starting fresh. Here goes...:S

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Smoking is a disgusting habit.

Correction - smoking is a disgusting addiction.

Well said.

I used Allen Carr's Easy Way, too and have been stopped now for nearly two months.

The first two days I was nearly crying with panic and fear, but on the third day I knew it was going to be ok. I don't even think about smoking now and I can be around smokers and not want one (infact I feel slightly sick if I smell cigarette smoke).

So fantastic news and well done! I'm sure you'll break the addiction really easily too! B|

Edit: Gonzales, well done too. If it gets really hard, I'd recommend Allen Carr's book :)
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Well, all this talk motivated me, and I decided to quit starting today. Haven't had a drop of nicotine yet this morning, so I'm starting fresh. Here goes...:S

So yer gonna 'quit starting.'...or 'start quiting'??? :ph34r::)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

On a mere technicality, one is not considered a "real skydiver" in the Static Line progression until one pulls for onesself. So I've continued smoking for this past year, but I passed my Clear & Pull on saturday. It's in my logbook.

Who told you that? Sounds like a cheap excuse to avoid quitting. :P

Regardless, congratulations on the clear and pull and clear lungs.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well said.

I used Allen Carr's Easy Way, too and have been stopped now for nearly two months.

The first two days I was nearly crying with panic and fear, but on the third day I knew it was going to be ok. I don't even think about smoking now and I can be around smokers and not want one (infact I feel slightly sick if I smell cigarette smoke).

So fantastic news and well done! I'm sure you'll break the addiction really easily too! B|

Edit: Gonzales, well done too. If it gets really hard, I'd recommend Allen Carr's book :)

I've found that sunflower seeds work wonders also.:)

So yer gonna 'quit starting.'...or 'start quiting'??? :ph34r::)

I shall restate the comment just for you...

Well, all this talk motivated me, and I decided to quit, but, pause for effect, starting today. Haven't had a drop of nicotine yet this morning, so I'm starting fresh. Here goes...[

Actually it is both. The addiction is harder to break but habit takes a LOT longer.

I quit just over 12 years ago.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.