BIGUN

Chuteless Stunt Twisted into "Guy with Terminal Cancer chooses..."

According to this site, the chuteless stunt is now a guy who had terminal cancer and would you do the same thing.
[/rant]

Is that a question?

EDIT:
I gotcha now. The page wasn't loading before.
My Take is "Ahh, so what."
The guy didnt die even though they try to portray it that way. They never say the jumper had a cancer but the suggest it. The ignorant masses will always be just that. screw em let em think what they want as long as they don't get voilent with me about my choice to jump.
My photos

My Videos

In and of itself, I guess It is . I didn't even notice,though it is funny.;)

It reminds me of the "what is the longest sentence in the english language?" Joke

"I DO" I can't imagine that there is one of you out there that hasn't heard that joke, but just in case I figured I'd throw the answer.

My photos

My Videos

They have pics of the Travis chuteless jump, implying that it was a suicide. The top strapline is If you had cancer would you want to go out like this guy did?

It includes a distant beach shot (attached) that I can only assume is meant to imply a bounce. (The red is the canopy)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2971611;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

It's probably a blacklist site for your job. Here's the caption at the top:

So here's a question for you. If you were diagnosed with terminal cancer, how would you cash out your chips? Wither away in some hospital bed doped up on morphine? Not me baby. I'd go out like this guy did. Grab one last brew and go skydiving. Without the parachute. So long Mr. Parachuteless Skydiver, we hardly knew ye.

Never been to the site before. I got it in one of those family & friend emails, "Is this true?" :S Ummm... Yeah sure. Anyone terminal can show up at a DZ and just tell them their request to end it with a chuteless dive and we'll make it happen for them. Why do you think we call it terminal velocity? Sheesh.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Yes I realise that the last image shows him standing up. But the site is deliberately misleading.

It is fairly difficult to see him in the group and if your mind is made up then you could certainly draw the wrong conclusion.

I copied the image I did because I think it is deliberately used to reinforce the image of suicide - it is a crap skydiving picture with no meaning to the sequence of images.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I have nightmares of jumping with a rig....

Another chuteless jump in the making??? ;):D:D:D

It'd be better if she did it nekkid.;)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Hell you can see him standing on the beach in the last picture.

WE can see him standing on the beach in the last picture. Legs will only see the crowd and canopy and assume he's covered up.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

i was sent this 'story' by a skydiver, who received it from another skydiver, and i guess they assessed it as accurate...:|:|

i called 'bullshit' immediately.. as regards the cancer 'angle'.. :S ( whuffos eat that stuff UP ) ^^^;);)
but knew that the stunt had been accomplished...
some sorta climbing harness, and "help from friends"...:)

The page seems well sorta seemy.....the 'national enquirer' of the internet...

Don't believe all that you read... Often the only thing true about it, is that it was printed onto a page, or illuminated onto a monitor...;)

jimmy

My apologies. I just clicked the hyperlink in the email the first time and read it and posted it here. I didn't realize it had questionable content until I went back the second time to grab the caption for Dave.