skydivermom

Lost Hamster

So last July we bought one of those cute little teddy bear hamsters (they have short tails...the long tails creep me out) for my son's birthday. We managed to keep pretty good track of her until a couple of days ago. I woke up to find one of the cage lids missing and of course, so was she. We looked every where we imagined she could have gone but found nothing....not even droppings[:/] So we made a trip to the petsore for another critter, and my son is fine. Still no sign of the first one.

I had various pet rodents when I was a child, and they would escape sometimes, but they would always show up again. I can't remember how long they would stay gone though.

Do they typically disappear for several days and then resurface?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Yes. :)
Watch for electrical outages. :D

Kidding aside, it's scared and hiding. Leave piles of food in the corners of the house so you know it's getting nourishment. It will show up. :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yeah, they'll do that. I'd try one of those "humane" traps and some bait, (nuts & peanutbutter works) if I were you. The li'l critter's likely holed-up in a wall or cubbyhole somewhere....check (up) under ALL appliances and behind the fridge (including the condenser coils). It's better to find it now, than smell it later!

My daughter had several of those, when she was little. They're clever little dudes, they can open cages and can escape from almost anything, if they really want to. I wasn't crazy about the things at first but some of them really have real personality, they can be cool.
"T'was ever thus."

Kidding aside, it's scared and hiding. Leave piles of food in the corners of the house so you know it's getting nourishment. It will show up. :)

More Electrical Work, Just What I needed!:SB|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

Many many moons when I was like 10 years old we lost a hamster for a few days.....and then I started hearing funny sounds in the walls. At first I thought it was a poltergeist, than I figured it was the hamster. I followed it by ear; the little fucker came out the thingy that water comes out of in the bathtub :D

Don't worry, he/she will turn up
:)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

My son put piles of food by the washing machine and fridge. I hope the little turd shows up.[:/]
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Funny story:

I used to work with a woman who had kept cats for decades, and had a lot of interesting stories. She always had a cat-door in the back door so they could come and go as they pleased w/o depending on someone to open the door for them. Of course the cats were in the habit of bringing assorted small critters in various states of death to the back door and yeowling for a human to come receive the "gift" If no human was home at the time, they would typically deposit the "gift" somewhere in the house.

One day she came home from shopping and was walking through the living room when a movement caught her eye. It was a hamster cowering in the corner. It was completely unharmed, but scared shitless. Apparently the cat realized this was not an ordinary mouse, so instead of killing it, it simply brought it home and left it for her to find.

They never did figure out where the cat got it, and eventually gave it away to a friend, (along with the 2nd hamster the cat brought home the following day).:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My son put piles of food by the washing machine and fridge. I hope the little turd shows up.[:/]

The appliances that make the most noise. I don't think that will work.

Quiet corners. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

More Electrical Work, Just What I needed!:SB|

I had pet rats for years and let them run free at night. Hard lesson learned. They like to chew through electrical cords. I think my dad regretted letting me moving in when I was a teenager. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

See - this is why you have to read the authors of the threads . . . If Billy Vance would have authored this - it would have been WAY different.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun