Icon134

Chew toys and Kongs...

I'm curious what other dog owners give their dogs to Knaw on...

though I haven't given Karma a Kong in a while... occasionally I toss around the idea of getting her a new Extreme (Black) Kong to destroy... (and yes she can destroy them...)

She also enjoys knawing on Powerade bottles, and occasional bone (fake or otherwise... always from a store, and always supervised...)

What do those of you with agressive chewers give your dogs to occupy them?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I have an 8 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback that loves to chew.

The Kongs has been a success with him. I stuff the kongs with creamy peanut butter (he doesn't like chunky) and freeze it. He loves them and it occupies him for at least an hour or two.

The only other chew toy, that he is allowed to have and likes, is bones. However, they only last a day or two at most.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the replies. :)

My dog ate a red kong, but his black kong has lasted a good long while.

I recommend these VERY highly - they absolutely ROCK as dog toys, and whatever the hell they're made of, my dog hasn't been able to even leave a tooth mark in it - but it's not hard, it's flexible. It's some alien technology or something. But it can keep a dog busy for HOURS. They come in different sizes, and you can get 'locking' treats if the dog is very very good at removing the edible end caps. My dog usually just gets some treats stuck inside it without the caps and he has a blast trying to get them out.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

i'll get flamed at for that, but my dog gets tennis balls.. i just go to the local court and ask for free, "old" balls and get them..

why will you get flamed for giving your dog tennis balls... I would give karma tennis balls to knaw on.. its just that frankly having her constantly pester me to throw it (even in the house) and the fact that they just don't last long and leave a huge mess all over the place when she chews them into pieces just isn't any fun...

What can I say... Karma has Jaws of steel... :D:S:D

My dog ate a red kong, but his black kong has lasted a good long while.

hehehe... Karma has destroyed at least two black kongs... (in addition to a red one...)

Alas, she's nothing if not persistent... :D

Rigger likes Dingos. He does not chew them up. He has one each night before bed and then it's in the trash. He will not chew one more than once! He's picky like that! :D

I assume you're not talking about an australian wild dog?
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Wow...destroys the Kong, eh? That is impressive. Those are about the only things I can give my dog that will last more than a couple of days!!:D

Wish I had a suggestion for ya, but don't give that dog any rope toys or you might be headed for a vet...

Good luck!

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

i'll get flamed at for that, but my dog gets tennis balls.. i just go to the local court and ask for free, "old" balls and get them..

why will you get flamed for giving your dog tennis balls... I would give karma tennis balls to knaw on.. its just that frankly having her constantly pester me to throw it (even in the house) and the fact that they just don't last long and leave a huge mess all over the place when she chews them into pieces just isn't any fun...

What can I say... Karma has Jaws of steel... :D:S:D

the "fur" is made of glassfiber to my knowledge. and the colour is supposed to be poisonous.. but well, she stands up to it!

the good thing is, she figured out how to throw them tennis balls around herself.. and kicking it! it happened that we just kept rolling the ball between each other.. very funny, very clever dog!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I give my two boxers rawhides and chew bones for their teeth.....When my male was a puppy, I used to go to construction sites and get small peices of 2x4 about a foot long and he would chew it for a day or so...then I would rake up the shreads and give him another one....he loved it and it kept him for eating the house!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Nylabone's Durable Chews.

Cruz can tear up even the heartiest Kong in no time. He can break off and spit into a billion pieces any toy labeled "indestructible" in less than five minutes.

I went through hundreds of dollars worth of "indestructible" toys (they're expensive!) before getting the tip-off to Nylabones.

Cruz has three Nylabones: the Galileo (his favorite), the wishbone-shaped & the regular bone-shaped. He gets them all out and brings them to whatever room we're in and takes turns chewing on each one. Since we got him those (about two years ago and they're still going strong) he's never chewed on another "no-no" item.:)
Other than that he gets old socks & Greenies. He LOVES both.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I didnt know tennis balls were made with that stuff. I bought some tennis balls at petsmart (because they were mini-balls). I would guess they wouldn't make them out of hazardous materials.

When I'm old my balls will be free but I will need to know what they're going to be used for before I consent.:S
My photos

My Videos

Wish I had a suggestion for ya, but don't give that dog any rope toys or you might be headed for a vet...

Actually she has fun with rope toys... (she doesn't eat them... and only gets them when she can be watched...)

But um... well... http://www.scottgunshell.com/toy_troubles.htm

And for what it's worth it only took her a few hours to get it like that... :D