alanab

famous women artists?

i have to write a paper on a famous woman dead or alive for my women and leadership class. we have to pick someone related to our major. my major is design. my teacher said i could use an artist too.

anyone know of any famous women artists that would have a lot of information about them online (paper due tomorrow, no time for library). the only one i can think of is georgia o'keefe and i dont really want to do her. none of my friends can think of any and i even googled it and didnt find much.

any ideas? suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Georgia O'Keefe.

hey...

i have to write a paper on a famous woman dead or alive for my women and leadership class. we have to pick someone related to our major. my major is design. my teacher said i could use an artist too.

anyone know of any famous women artists that would have a lot of information about them online (paper due tomorrow, no time for library). the only one i can think of is georgia o'keefe and i dont really want to do her. none of my friends can think of any and i even googled it and didnt find much.

any ideas? suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Can you choose a photographer? Annie Leibovitz is awesome. A google search on her brings up tons. She's a portait photographer, and you can argue her artistry is in the design and layouts of the subject and sets, and the preparation that goes on before she takes a single photo. She took the shot of Bruce Springsteins butt...
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Georgia O'Keefe.

hey...

any ideas? suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Do her anyway. A MOST interesting woman. And her pictures are so suggestive.

Like this and this

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Artemesia Gentileschi. She was the woman painter of the Italian Rennaiscance to sign and sell her work under her own name as a woman. Her father was an established painter and she learned from him in his studio. She did a very dramatic Biblical theme painting of Judith, from the Old Testament, cutting off the head of Holofernes, a Babylonian general. She got him drunk, seduced him and then whacked his head off (don't get any ideas...).

Anyway there's a cool movie about her called "Artemisia" that you should be able to find on DVD. But probably not overnight. But for sure you could find her name on the web.

If you're looking for somebody more modern, or even American, try Mary Cassatt, the Impressionist painter. Or as somebody else mentioned, Frida Kahlo.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

no time for the library...does that mean you are unable to read...there are so many..K.Kolw.... Soph.Taube...Gabriella Mu... No last names. If you don't want to be in school to study...Let someone else have the place...(If there has been a family tragedy, I apologize...otherwise sit down and think about what you are doing.) I once taught...Don't know if I'd do it again, and all of my friends who are still professors, people who wanted to help, are demoralized by attitudes like yours. This is a social problem...and it is badly damaging this country. Don't you want to learn ???

[email]

told me everything I needed to know about you....you should try jungle mountains in the wet season S.E.Asia jungle if you want kicks...go to Malaysia...so no guns...if you do wild pigs, pythons, tigers leopards elephants cobras. etc. an 8"-10" blade is good enough. I'm just being polite...don't like being addressed with that kind of language by whatever you are...stranger...don't worry...wrote long peace letter and the computer told, was,t worth it,,,climb the clay cliffs, you can usually find a root or a vine then dig in with the blade...please don't hurt the snakes, I like em...specially the cobras....if you want to be so/ya gotta be polite enough to wait til they stand up so they can show their hood cool...rumble with the wild pigs/be well....

2 posts and both very wankerish, nice start, you should get along well with a Cocheese et al.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Over 12,000 posts from you. All wankerish. What's your point?:D
Not all wankerish, only thew ones that you taint. and try being a little more original instead of hanging off of my posts. Particularly if you are trying to insult me, I give more points for original insults
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?