akurtom

Sean Taylor--Redskins

How crazy is this? Pro gets killed in his own house.

More Photos/Details

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died after he was shot in the leg during a possible burglary at his Florida home. He was 24.

The Pro Bowl National Football League player was found bleeding from a gunshot wound when officers responded to a call at his Palmetto Bay home just before 2 a.m. yesterday, Miami- Dade Police said. The bullet pierced his femoral artery, according to the Miami Herald.

``I think Sean felt like God made him to play football,'' Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said at a press conference at the team's training facility in Ashburn, Virginia. ``He was one of those guys who felt this is where he belonged.''

A preliminary investigation suggests that Taylor was shot inside the home by an intruder, said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta, a police spokesman. Investigators have no description of the suspect and are asking for the public's help.

Taylor's girlfriend and daughter were in the house during the shooting and weren't injured, Zabaleta said. Police found signs of forced entry and are trying to determine if it occurred the night of the shooting or during a previous break-in at the house on Nov. 18.

Gibbs said Taylor missed a team meeting after the previous break-in. The fifth overall pick in the 2004 National Football League draft, Taylor didn't travel to Tampa Bay for the Redskins' Nov. 25 game because of a knee injury that kept him out the past two weeks.

Bullet Hit Artery

According to the Herald, Taylor and his girlfriend were awakened by noises in his four-bedroom, $900,000 home. He grabbed a machete from under his bed and went to investigate when an armed intruder burst in the bedroom door and fired two shots, one of which hit the inside of Taylor's leg, the newspaper said.

Taylor was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, where he underwent surgery, the Herald said. The gunman hasn't been caught and Taylor's lawyer told the paper that nothing was stolen from the house.

Taylor died at 3:30 a.m., police said.

Blue Skies

I agree. It sounds like a hit.

Pretty good shot to hit the Femeral Artery.

I guess he should have helped the skins win a few . . . Contract expired!:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Pretty good shot to hit the Femeral Artery.

I guess he should have helped the skins win a few . . . Contract expired!:o

Dallas got lucky he was injured
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I don't think a hit at all, not to kill him anyway - I think it was assumed that shooting him in the leg would only temporarily disable him, for the robbery, not for the game.

His home was burglarized and ransacked just a few weeks ago already.

From what I have seen, he's had major trouble recently with old friends and cousins wanting their usual piece of the pie of his success - just watch "MTV Cribs" and see the "posse" sitting in front of the 60" plasmas playing X-Box and sipping Cristal while eating Jeno's pizza rolls for example. Everyone thinks they deserve a Whip.

I predict he will be shown to be a victim of his trying to distance himself from the leeches.
Roll Tide Roll

I predict he will be shown to be a victim of his trying to distance himself from the leeches.

Oh, I absolutely agree. The guy had some issues and run-ins, but he seemed to be a guy who was improving himself and his lot. But as you said, "he will be shown to be a victim his trying to distance himself from the leeches." I am operating on pure conjecture, but there is likely someone who thinks that Taylor owed him something.

My wife is hotter than your wife.