matt1215

Shopping for first container/Opinions on Wings

I’ve been doing some shopping online, trying to decide what I want for my first harness/container. I’m about 5 months/25 jumps into the sport so still pretty green. I have a Cypres and canopies (Spectre-210 & Tempo-210, to be loaded @ .9), and am leaning toward the Wings container. No real reason in particular, I’ve just read good things about their product and it’s within my budget, particularly with their 50% military discount (is that standard-fare in this industry?).

I’m curious what people have to say about this product. How it packs, how it feels, durability. Why I might be better with another product, say a G4 or Odyssey.

not sure if it is any better or worse than the rigs you mention, they are all nice rigs... wings just happens to be a bit cheaper. If you are getting a rig for a canopy that big, you wont really notice a difference and a wings woudl be great. just get it

as for the discount.. it varies by manufracture

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Buy used for your first rig. Then take your time figuring out what you want on your back for the next 10 years.

no used rig is going to make more sense than a new wings at 50% off. It's borderline even without the discount, imo. Much easier to get the right fit, and the appropriate container size for the canopies.

me and some of my friends just received 6 Wings containers,

Because we are not from the US we bought them throw a dealer in the US (Joannei from SUNSHINE)

it is perfect ( we had javelins before) wings are grate container and our local rigger here tells us that we were lucky to buy such containers

but still i think you should buy a used container.

:)

blue sky

Ready - Set - Go

I’ve been doing some shopping online, trying to decide what I want for my first harness/container. I’m about 5 months/25 jumps into the sport so still pretty green. I have a Cypres and canopies (Spectre-210 & Tempo-210, to be loaded @ .9), and am leaning toward the Wings container. No real reason in particular, I’ve just read good things about their product and it’s within my budget, particularly with their 50% military discount (is that standard-fare in this industry?).

I’m curious what people have to say about this product. How it packs, how it feels, durability. Why I might be better with another product, say a G4 or Odyssey.

The Wings is a great product, and a fantastic value, even at regular price. At 50% off, it is a steal. Good luck finding a similarly good deal, new or used.

For Great Deals on Gear

I just became a wings dealer. I didn't do it because I need the money. I didn't do it because I like to sell things. I did it because I was truly impressed with the rig and the company its self. The major seller I think is the comfort of the rig. The articulation system separates the vertical and horizontal portions of the harness, not just the leg straps. Cut in laterals are awesome.

When I got my Wings, I wanted the smallest rig I could get. I already had the smallest Javelin. It was so comfy I could almost forget I had it on. I didn't want something had to pack so I chose a W2, to give myself some room.

Wings called me up at home one night and asked me if I would like them to build me not only a custom harness but also a non standard container as well.

The container they built for me was a W1-3 it was not a normal container size and they did that for me just because I told them " I would like the W1 but I think it would be a tight fit for my 89".

Now thats a company I want to be associated with. They are great, and the rig is Awesome.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I got my Wings last year and love it. The customer service I recieved was exceptional. There was a miscommunication between my dealer and Wings so my order didn't actually get to the factory until 4 weeks after I had placed my order. They let me cut in line where I would have been had my order got there on time. Still with the same delivery date. I also had a minor legpad issue when I got it. The pads were a little long. I called Ankie about it and she had me email her pictures and I had new legpads in 3 days at no charge. When I buy another container it will be a Wings.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

I bought a Wings as my first container, and I love it. If you leave room for one down-sizing, it should last you a long time if you follow the canopy W/L progression that is in the current SIM.

At 50% off, you'd be hard-pressed to find a deal on a used container that could compete with that. You could probably make a profit selling it if you do out-grow it. When I was shopping around last year, the market for used equipment in that size-range seemed very competitive.