anabatic

FF2 helmet questions for you who has them

by any chance how long did it take you to get your ff2 helmet its been almost 6 weeks now and getting very very impatient, who here has gotten there helmet in under 8 weeks i have herd that it sometimes takes close to 3 months at times, which is bull but ereeeeeh

I had mine in the in hand on week 8. I was advised by 2K that every helmet is hand casted and takes 6-8 weeks. The folks at 2K were very nice during my interaction with them, drop them a line and ask them if they can provide you with an updated delevery date.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Mine arrived monday (actually somehow it appears the USPS attempted delivery last sunday, but I don't understand how that could be).

I originally submitted my order to a dealer on Feb 5. My credit card was charged by 2kcomposites on Feb 10, so I'll assume that's the date my order was "started." So that makes it just over 10 weeks total, or 11 weeks from the actual date I ordered it, including delivery time to the US from england (only about 3 days). I was also quoted 6-8 weeks.

No complaints here though. It arrived looking great and is actually better than I expected. I'll try to post some pictures next week (it's with a rigger getting the cutaway attached - not a big job but he didn't have time to do it while I was there).

Their website needs updating bigtime. As soon as I pulled it out of the box, I started finding improvements over what I've seen in pictures of older ones, and features I didn't know it had.

A few examples: The excess cutaway cable (if you buy the cutaway option) tucks into a hole so it ends up inside the helmet, between the shell and the liner. The excess of the ratchet strap tucks into a slot on the chincup so it doesn't stick out. Both of these are not shown in the picture on their site: http://www.2kcomposites.com/html/cutaway.html.

The dbox opens by a thumb screw under the liner (which is held to the shell on each side with a snap). The camera attaches to the bracket with another thumb screw. At first that looked like a mess... until I realized that both thumb screws are captive... they don't come off but rather stay in place. Nothing to lose in the plane if you open the helmet or take the camera off. The camera bracket is also VERY adjustable. Up-down, forward-backward, or a combination to set a little bit of an angle.

I haven't had a chance to get it all set up and aimed properly yet. But a quick adjustment got the camera (PC1000 / .45X lens) in place FULLY inside the dbox (nothing sticking out at all, including the wide angle lens), without being able to see any edges. I could also see the viewfinder with the dbox closed, so I shouldn't have to open the helmet to use the camera hand-held.

I'll know a lot more this weekend when I'll (hopefully) get the chance to jump it. :D

Dave

My credit card was charged on Feb 14th, it hasn't even shipped yet. I think I have bad luck with these types of things, my canopy took 11 weeks and my helmet cam that I use for streetbikes took 2 months and I was told it was in stock. :S Oh well, I'm getting a beer.

eeeeh not really complaining just wondering really im getting so excited, they quoted me 8 weeks but ive been looking at my camera for the past 4 weeks or so and i just wanna go jump but eeeh i just emailed them today about it see if they have an update for me by any chance so we will see what happens, thanks much

I waited about 12 weeks for mine. It sucked waiting the extra time but now that I have it the quality is great. My HC42 fits wonderful and overall I'm really happy with the end product. I ordered it through Miami and he was awesome. He kept me updated on it's progress the entire 12 weeks. If anyone is thinking about ordering from 2K I highly reccomend him. I couldn't have asked for better service. Now I can't wait to hit the DZ and put a few jumps on it.
"I've taken the liberty of drafting your confession, you will be given a fair trial and then taken out back and shot."

11 weeks and counting.....

This seems to be about how far they are behind right now, you should be getting confirmation very soon that your helmet has shipped. While it does suck to have to wait longer than you were told I think you'll feel, once you get your helmet, that it was highly worth the wait!
Miami