waltappel

Skydiving's biggest star

Saw this link in an accident thread.

Jean-Albert is described in New Zealand Air Games publicity as skydiving's biggest star.

He is the current world champion and was named skydiver of the decade, having completed more than 11,000 jumps.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Does this guy write his own press releases?:D:D:D

Walt

Fromt the same article:

Wingsuit flying is the practice of gliding wearing only a special jumpsuit.

Well shit...if that's the case, my S-3 is now on the market, cuz I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I've been telling everyone that I'm "Skydiving's biggest star", for years now. I've got dibs! Besides, what's he ever done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PE0AWljn0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tU3Hy7et8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWvaXZymt-k

uhmm, is this telling you something??????:|
you guys most be joking....i hope so

uhmm, is this telling you something??????:|
you guys most be joking....i hope so

The guys got some major balls for sure, but if he claims to be skydiving's biggest star, he must be joking.

Walt
I didn't read it as Jean-Albert was describing himself that way but that the New Zeland Air Games PR folks were describing him as "Skydivings biggest Star"

Jean-Albert is described in New Zealand Air Games publicity as skydiving's biggest star.

He is the current world champion and was named skydiver of the decade, having completed more than 11,000 jumps.

Frankly I don't have a problem with it... I have heard of him and from what I've seen/heard he seems pretty important to the development of wingsuiting... I certainly hope he gets better soon... :)
edited to add: I wouldn't presume to know anything about who is or is not the "biggest star" in skydiving... or anything else for that matter (nor do I care really... :):$:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

im working on my G, i have been busy with BASE...i that good enough mr skygod?

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, a BASE jumper!!!

Gee, aren't you special. [yawn]

Walt

have mercy.....it`s fun everytime i visit the skygod...dorkzone forum, 1 word from me and i have stirred up all the gods hahahaha...fuckers

Well, I have been praised for having balls before, but I've never been called "mr. skygod"

I think he's European. I hear the men look a bit different over there, so maybe he's all confused. I've also heard that the sheep look a bit nervous, but that's a whole 'nother thing.

:D:D:D

Walt

Fromt the same article:

Wingsuit flying is the practice of gliding wearing only a special jumpsuit.

Well shit...if that's the case, my S-3 is now on the market, cuz I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment!

Blues,
Dave

Hey if *all* you are wearing is a special jumpsuit.. thats hot! :D

I wouldn't presume to know anything about who is or is not the "biggest star" in skydiving... or anything else for that matter (nor do I care really... :):$:D

Exactly. Who gives a fuck who skydiving's biggest "star" is? If skydiving is someone's only interesting facet, then I'd consider them pretty dull.

Walt

have mercy.....it`s fun everytime i visit the skygod...dorkzone forum, 1 word from me and i have stirred up all the gods hahahaha...fuckers

That's because we're so in awe of BASE jumpers that we get really giddy when one of you shows up.:P:P

It's kinda like being in the presence of a swooper.

Walt

I once convinced 2 female first jumpers that it was a 1st jump tradition for them to ride the airport beacon naked, since there were 2 of them on it, they rode face to face, holding on to each other to keep balanced. If that doesn't make me the skydiving's biggest star, I don't know what would.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver