dannydan

Tebow getting k/o'd...somewhat

yeah the B10 really needs to step... The conference as a whole just seems to come up sometimes... Hope the Illini do well too!

I have two predicitions for the ROSES; 1 tight game with Illini pulling ahead late to WIN or 2--BLOWOUT by USC over Illinois...

was a very good game....even with the 4 turnovers by Michigan. I was very confident goin in but after each turnover made it nerve racking

I won alot of bets on this game. including an official game jersey, a fathead, dinner for 2, and a jump ticket

Go big BLUE!
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

psipike02 darktreader... CONGRATS on yr teams WIN!!!

I won alot of bets on this game. including an official game jersey, a fathead, dinner for 2, and a jump ticket

congrats on yr WINNINGS...

Even tho I am STILL p/o'd about the ILLINI CHIEF ruling,....ILL----INI!!! Lets go ILLINI!

That was a good game to watch. Really shouldn't have been that close to begin with, since Michigan had what, 4 turn overs?

Florida lost a good chunk of their defense from last year's national champions and they really had no answer for Michigan's 100% healthy offense.

Overall however, I like the SEC's bowl record so far... 6 - 2 with just the national championship game left to play. I knew Missouri was gonna blast Arkansas. That was a total mismatch from the beginning. So was Georgia over Hawaii. Please... give me a break! :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Florida lost a good chunk of their defense from last year's national champions and they really had no answer for Michigan's 100% healthy offense.

Wasn't Michigan fully healthy for their 0-2 start? Did they finally get serious, or did Florida just wallow in their fall from the top?

I ended up watching few bowls, and didn't miss much, but this one and the Tenn game were competitive. Most were terrible blowouts this season.

Eagerly awaiting September again. (can't get excited about LSU-OSU)

all right lets hear it SEC and PAC:P:P;)

The PAC-10 is 4-2 in bowl games this season, outscoring opponents 218-157, and is 1-0 vs the Big Ten. It ain't perfection, but it's nothing to cry about. They'd be 5-1 if not for a blocked field goal as time expired. >:(:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Wasn't Michigan fully healthy for their 0-2 start? Did they finally get serious, or did Florida just wallow in their fall from the top?

Eagerly awaiting September again. (can't get excited about LSU-OSU)

I'm not sure what really happened in Michigan's first two games, but I think their starting QB got hurt. They shouldn't have lost to Appalachian State, but as you know, App State won the Div 1AA national championship, so they are a pretty good team in their own right. Michigan probably just played down to their level, which is something Alabama has been known to do over the past few years, as maddening as it is. Oregon was really good at the time and if Oregon hadn't lost their QB Dixon in the Arizona State game, they would be in the national championship game versus Ohio State.

Florida lost to LSU, Georgia and Auburn, all good teams, although Auburn should not have won, but they did, and LSU converted 5 of 5 4th down plays in their late comeback victory. Only Georgia really beat Florida good. Florida has a great offense, but their defense just hasn't done well like last year.

As of right now, I believe Georgia is the best team in the country not playing in the national championship, and I think they'd give Ohio State a much tougher game than LSU will. If not for a melt-down at Tennessee, Georgia would have beaten LSU for the SEC title and I bet they'd beat OSU almost as bad as Florida did last year.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I believe Georgia is the best team in the country......and I bet they'd beat OSU almost as bad as Florida did last year.

Everybody, meet my new bestest friend BillyB|:)

So, you're not gonna kick me in the nuts for wanting Clemson to beat Auburn after all? :D:D:D

As of right now, I believe Georgia is the best team in the country not playing in the national championship, and I think they'd give Ohio State a much tougher game than LSU will.

I can think of another team who would like the title of "As of right now, playing the best football in the country". The 2-loss Trojans, after stumbling to Stanford and a couple weeks later to Oregon (before UO lost their quarterback) finished the season playing lights out, with substantial margins of victory over ranked opponents. Check it

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I believe Georgia is the best team in the country not playing in the national championship

Georgia looked good yesterday. But so did USC? Is Hawaii better than Illinois? Maybe? Maybe not. In fact one would assume a 2nd place Big Ten school would beat Hawaii. Also, Texas spanked AZ State last week and AZ State was supposed to be a close 2nd to USC in the Pac 10 and Mizzou spanked Arkansas. The best game yesterday likely was Michigan/Florida. But Tennessee also played a close entertaining game against Wisconsin. Of course tonight Oklahoma plays West Virginia and tomorrow Kansas takes on Virginia Tech. What happens if Oklahoma and Kansas look good in these games with Texas and Mizzou looking good in their games and yes Texas Tech also beat a ranked Virginia team? Shit CU stunk up the joint in the 1st quarter of their game against the 'Bama and the Crimson Tide. But then the Buffs turned what looked like the laugher of the year into a close game. So what am I getting at? Who knows ... except that I still say a NCAA football playoff with the top 8 teams is still possible without sacrificing too much of the bowl season. But what do I know?

Anyway catch the NHL hockey game in snowy Buffalo?
Too funny ... but great for hockey I say. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm not sure what really happened in Michigan's first two games, but I think their starting QB got hurt. They shouldn't have lost to Appalachian State, but as you know, App State won the Div 1AA national championship, so they are a pretty good team in their own right.

Oregon was a pretty good team with Dixon, JJ, and Colbert still healthy, but they beat the shit out of an angry Michigan at Ann Arbor. Good teams shouldn't get wallopped at home. And the best Div IAA team is still like 80th or 90th in the country and shouldn't be winning on the road.

It was a funny year, even without looking at injuries. (Stanford ending USC's home win streak with a new QB was about the most outlandish) Given how Cal fell apart after the QB injury, I'd have preferred it ended in early October.

As of right now, I believe Georgia is the best team in the country not playing in the national championship, and I think they'd give Ohio State a much tougher game than LSU will.

I can think of another team who would like the title of "As of right now, playing the best football in the country". The 2-loss Trojans, after stumbling to Stanford and a couple weeks later to Oregon (before UO lost their quarterback) finished the season playing lights out, with substantial margins of victory over ranked opponents. Check it

Blues,
Dave

I just watched the Fiesta Bowl and I was blown away by all the big scoring plays that West Virginia had over Oklahoma. Those dudes are super FAST! :o How the fuck did they get 350+ rushing yards against one of the best run defenses in the country? Damn...

I would have liked to see a rematch between WVU and UGA though. ;)

I think you can remove the 'somewhat'.

except that I still say a NCAA football playoff with the top 8 teams is still possible without sacrificing too much of the bowl season.

I just thought of a new playoff system. Play 6 conference games to start with, then all 117 or whatever Div I schools get seeded and have a playoff. Everybody's happy. As teams get knocked out, they get to play in the Roady's Carquest Humanitarian Motor City Tangerine Bowl or such.

It makes as much sense as this BCS crap. I think it's been proven that anybody can beat anybody on a given day.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."