Halfpastniner

Do any of you believe that Ohio State will win tonight??

Maybe so, but I was in New Orleans over the weekend, and there sure were a rafterload of OSU fans there Saturday night.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't understand why the press seems to underrate Ohio State so much. Just because they haven't been hard pressed doesn't mean they're bad. Just like Hawaii going into the Sugar Bowl. You couldn't say for sure they weren't going to do well, because no one had ever seen them up against a tough opponent.

I don't know who's going to win. I'm pulling for LSU out of SEC loyalty, but I think most people have sold OSU short.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I don't understand why the press seems to underrate Ohio State so much.

I guess you weren't watching last January? That team got stomped, graduated a lot of people, and dozed their way this season without any significant wins. What's why they're being sold short.

Nothing says they can't win, but nothing suggests it will happen either.

neither team is known for offense.

You would be wrong. Look here: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=OFFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=descending

LSU is ranked #7th in the nation in scoring offense at 38.7 points per game and OSU is within sight at 32 points per game.

However, they're both also ranked high in scoring defense: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=DEFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending

Ohio State is #1 at 10.7/game and LSU is a respectable 19.6/game despite a late season decline in defensive prowess due to injuries.

The offensive numbers are a result of the defense, esp for OSU against the Big 10 'offenses.' When these two meet, I expect either a blowout of OSU, or a game like the last LSU title (21-14, iirc). It is very unlikely we'll see a repeat of the USC-Texas game.

I thought some plonka would fall for it not a seasoned vet' like you Billy:P

And I thought a seasoned vet like you would recognize when I'm playing along with the joke. If I had been serious, my use of emoticons would have been different. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban