ACMESkydiver

I swear this will melt the heart of even the toughest kid-hater on here...

:)
A Gift of Time!

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time...

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers. Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunchbreaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay" she had received to the bank the next day to

start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us."

My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on this house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those assholes at Home Depot ever deliver the fucking sheet rock..."

It just brings a tear to the eye....
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

My sister hardly uses ATM's. I was out visiting her and my 4 and 7 year old nephews when we stopped for me to get some $$$. I made a joke in the car in front of the bank that I was gonna rob it and be right back. When I returned with money, the 4 year old was convinced I stole it. We explained to him for about 15 minutes how bank ATM's work. We thought he understood. [:/]

Well she gets a big inheritance check a few weeks later she wants to deposit but the bank is suspicious. She's sitting down talking to a bank employee with the 4 year old on her lap.

Right while the bank employee is talking to the manager my nephew blurts out, "My uncle robbed a bank. Don't worry, it wasn't this one."
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Thanks for bumping it. It not only brought me a smile, but brought back some good memories. My grandma used to tell a story about my mom doing something similar after they had had some workmen at their house.....something about where did the f'ing men put her f'ing shoes. True or not who knows, but it's fun to think about.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

You win!!! For real, that is the only kid story that I've ever thought was funny.
:D:D:D:D

Walt

I admit most 'real life' stories about kids aren't really funny...unless they're your kids or something. :ph34r:

My best is about my then 3-year-old daughter wanting to get daddy a girlfriend. Whooaaa-nelly. :|
~Jaye

My uncle had a drinking problem.
Everyone knew this, except himself.
It was my then four year old brother wo made him finally seek therapy:

Said uncle arrived at my parents house to help them redecorate the place.
He hasn't even closed the front door behind him, or my brother storms into the kitchen and promptly returns with a bottle of beer.

"Here you are, uncle!"
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

My best is about my then 3-year-old daughter wanting to get daddy a girlfriend. Whooaaa-nelly. :|

That does sound like a doozy. :)

I admit most 'real life' stories about kids aren't really funny...unless they're someone else's kids or something. :ph34r:

Fixed it for ya :)

But do tell us the entire story about the matchmaking three year old?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

That does sound like a doozy. :)

My brother, her Uncle Patrick, used to love taking little Jaleesa 'trolling for chicks' at the mall and places. When he'd land a girlfriend, he and his then girlfriend would take Jaleesa everywhere -parks, movies, McDonald's -little Jaleesa was in heaven!

Patrick broke up with his girlfriend, and when he came to pick up little Jaleesa for his 'fishing' expedition at the mall, she asked where Amber was. Patrick replied, "Well cutie, why don't we see if we can meet some new girls? Wouldn't that be fun? Wouldn't you like some new girls to play with? Help Uncle Patrick find a new girlfriend."

Little Jaleesa thinks for a moment...then gets a 'eureka!' kind of look on her face and yells, "Hey! Let's get daddy a girlfriend, too!" :)

-Do you have ANY idea how hard it was to keep that laughter in? :o:D
~Jaye

My youngest nephew has been having a problem with cursing. He doesn't say fuck, he says freak instead but, says the others.

My mom, sis, two nephews and I were getting food after skiing all day. We ordered, and waited, and waited. After about 45 min, we asked the waiter where are food was, when he checked he said the order never got put in. He said he'd do it right away and bring us some appetizers. He brought these disgusting potato things that noone liked. After watching other get their food, we ask again, where;s the food and he says it's coming. We're starving and the kids are getting restless.

It finally comes and they screw up two of the orders (my mom's and my older nephew).

At this point the younger nephew says (when his mom is not at the table), "What is wrong with these freaking god damn idiots?"

My mom and I nearly choke.

When I regain my composure, I say, "You are not supposed to talk like that, you're correct and we're all thinking it, but you're not supposed to talk like that."

I've never come so close to leaving a $20 on the table for the food we did get and walking. >:(

It reminds me of two true stories.

Art Linkletter (who most of you are too young to remember) used to have a daytime tv show called HOUSE PARTY and every now and then he would have little kiddies on the show.

One day he was talking with this little kiddie and he asked him who was the better driver, Dad or Mom. And the little kiddie said he really didn't know but whenever they were out riding with Mom they never saw any of those fucking bastards. B|

And then one show during the Korean War he asked the little kiddie what his Daddy did. The little kiddie said that his Daddy was a pilot in Korea. So Art asks him if this meant that he got to sleep with his mother. He said, Yes except for Tuesday nights when Uncle Charlie slept with her. B|

JerryBaumchen