Thunderbow

Bev Polycotton suit question

Does anyone out there jump the Bev Polycotton suit?
Wondering about what you got in the way of options so I can ask some questions. I have called them but I think it helps to ask owners for their thoughts.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Mine is a polycotton comp suit. I got the following options on it:

-Cordura Knees/Seat
-High Zip knees (love this options- makes taking the jumpsuit off easy)
-Fat grips (cordura)
-Cordura Booties
-Extra pocket on inside ankle.

Love the suit!!

cordura butt, knees, and booties. I didn't get any zippers in my booties, and they are fine that way. It kind of depends on your shoe size (I wear a 10). I got big grippers, an inside grippers too. I also got the special coolmax lining, but it isn't what I thought it would be, so I don't really recommend it. It is like a thin fleece.

Overall a great jumpsuit.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

it isn't what I thought it would be, so I don't really recommend it. It is like a thin fleece.

My wife has the lining, but her suit is nylon, she says it makes all the difference in the world with the nylon.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I am 6'2" and 224 lbs. I really don't want to mess with booties but need to slow down. What do you think of the afterburners? Also what about wing size, can it be maximized to help me out? I don't do any super serious rw, mostly fun jumps but staying with some of the lighter people proves challenging.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Does anyone out there jump the Bev Polycotton suit?
Wondering about what you got in the way of options so I can ask some questions. I have called them but I think it helps to ask owners for their thoughts.

Jump one and love it. what are your specific questions?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I just ordered one with polycotton myself.

I have decent range, but have been having a harder time staying with super floaty students on coach jumps. I went with 3" wings and swoop cords for a little extra help in those situations.

Went with the spandex arms w/ slip on sleeves so I can fall faster or slower as needed.

Got cordura booties w/o afterburners. The afterburners make a big difference if you need to slow down. Saw them worn in the tunnel and they really catch air.

I've only heard good things said about BevSuits and look forward to having mine delivered.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I have the afterburners and would totally recommend them. You'll track like a mofo and they really help your range.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Makes sense. Afterburners are just flaps of fabric that help catch air. Having them on a bootie vs. standard leg just adds that much more assistance from leg inputs. If you are having a hard time staying with the more floaty folks out there, the extra surface area from the bootie will really help. Why do you not "want to deal with booties?" My present suit I bought used had booties that were too small for my shoe and I had to fold them in so they would flap in freefall. I extended them myself and love the extra input they give.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'm seriously considering a polycotton suit. I am a heavy drop at 5'10" 225 lbs. My exit weight is around 250ish.

I sink out on every jumper I jump with. Some jumpers I jump with can't keep up with me when they are sitting and I'm on belly. I'd really like to increase my range so I can fall with the majority of jumpers.

The options I'm looking at:

swoop cords
cordura seat and knees
cordura booties
afterburners
fat grips
inside leg grips

My questions:
My rig is tan, black, and green if I get a camel jumpsuit will it match fairly close to tan? Will it be difficult to spot a tan jumpsuit tracking away (safety issue)?
Is a suit with booties and afterburners sitfly capable?
Do afterburners and booties complement or antagonize each other?
Will fat grips and inside grips create more drag making my leg inputs more pronounced?
Can bev suits make this with a 2 piece option and would I even want that? My main concern on this is taking my top off to pack between loads versus having another component that can fail or be less effective in freefall.

Any other advice you have would be helpful as I don't want to feel any buyers remorse by buying before I knew what I really wanted.

Will it be difficult to spot a tan jumpsuit tracking away (safety issue)?

Well, that sounds about the same color as desert and some farm land. What do ya think?

Depends how good you are at sitflying... but you're probably not good enough to do so in booties. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You wouldn't take a Porsche 911 rock crawling and track day in a Jeep would suck.;)

It costs money, but you will be more successful if you have a RW suit for RW and a FF suit for FF.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."