BillyVance

Is your wife lucky to have you, or are you just happy to be alive?

Well there I was late last night just lounging around in sweat pants and a long sleeve t-shirt.

My wife was getting ready for bed (she always goes to bed a good 2 hours or so before me) and she comes up to me and says "I'm on my last pad". I made the mistake of asking "what do you want me to do?" The look on her face coupled with this "Walmart's open 24 hours!" said it all. It's 11 pm and 20 degrees outside.

I figured it was better to be cold and alive, than cold and dead the next morning. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have a wife & 2 teenage daughters. I've made more "pad runs" after 11 pm than you could shake a stick at.* Suck it up.

* Always Plus® Overnight Maxis. With wings.

:D:D:D:D:D:D@ all of you...:P

Don't think that's happened to my poor hubby in years. I order those by the case and keep them in stock on the business side of the garage...along with cereal...toothpaste...shampoos...deodorant...energy drinks...detergents...whey protein powders...organic spaghetti (Ok, ok I admit that was a simple SKU# error on my part -I meant to order a case of sunblock, I get organic spaghetti. Whatcha gonna do?) I have a lil' supermarket in my garage. :ph34r:

Keeps poor hubby from having to go get girlie supplies & stuff in the middle of the night. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You aren't really doing her any favors. You are being the "enabler" who allows her to avoid being responsible for her own life. Adults plan for these events. It's like running out of toilet paper. Did people think they are going to stop using it?

The proper response would have been to make her accept the consequences of her actions. Being a woman, she goes shopping all the time. She made a mistake.

You could have made this a learning experience by merely saying, "Honey, you need to go get them yourself or you will never remember them in the future."
:)

You aren't really doing her any favors. You are being the "enabler" who allows her to avoid being responsible for her own life. Adults plan for these events. It's like running out of toilet paper. Did people think they are going to stop using it?

The proper response would have been to make her accept the consequences of her actions. Being a woman, she goes shopping all the time. She made a mistake.

You could have made this a learning experience by merely saying, "Honey, you need to go get them yourself or you will never remember them in the future."
:)

And don't forget to get video:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Actually, I kind of agree with Bill. Unless she was having massive hemorrhaging or there was another woman in the house who took some without telling her, she should have added more pads to the grocery list when she was half-way through the box.

I've never asked a man to go pick-up stuff like that for me nor will I ever. It's my body, my responsibility. It's up to you as to whether you want to take that stance with your wife though. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Actually, I kind of agree with Bill. Unless she was having massive hemorrhaging or there was another woman in the house who took some without telling her, she should have added more pads to the grocery list when she was half-way through the box.

I've never asked a man to go pick-up stuff like that for me nor will I ever. It's my body, my responsibility. It's up to you as to whether you want to take that stance with your wife though. :ph34r:

Same here....Actually now I just keep taking pills and dont even bother with those things anymore. Quite nice actually :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

What other "stances" do you recommend for married people?

They have books and videos for that, you know. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Actually, I kind of agree with Bill.

Yeah, that was half-truth, half-joke.

Sure, people should plan. However, as irritating and inconvenient as it would be, I'd hop in the car.
As a guy, you'd better understand that there are some days that a woman wants to hide in bedroom surrounded by fluffy pillows, not talk, watch reruns of My Friend Flicka, and cry.

You need to give them a little extra latitude on those days.

It's up to you as to whether you want to take that stance with your wife though.

Sometimes, how far you will go is the whole point.
The next time the story gets repeated in front of the girls, you will win huge brownie points in the scorecard of marriage.

Know that sometime you have to go sleep near the cold, achy, irritable woman who knows where you keep the axe.
:ph34r:

leaves one question: what would you do for your cabana boy?

Well if my hubby needed me to go buy him pads int he middle of the night, I would. :ph34r:

-He does frequently need, at around midnight, a quarter pounder with cheese and yeah, I go get it for him! :P Pisses me off, because even after eating like that, he's STILL in better shape than me!!! >:(>:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I have no problem picking up pads, tampons or any other feminine hygiene product for my wife if I'm already going to the store for something else. Grocery shopping etc.

I'm not gonna make a special trip for it though and I'm DEFINITELY not going to do anything like that at 11:00 at night while she is comfortable
in bed.

If she is sick or injured thats a different story.

If its just her crappy planning, I'm not gonna take it on the chin.

Every once in a while I might do it just to be a nice guy, but if she were to actually get angry at me for not making her poor planning
into my late night problem, then she would be out of her mind and I'd tell her that flat out.

If I forgot something I should have bought earlier, and realize the need at 11:00 PM, especially some personal item like that, I dont ask anyone else to to cover my ass. I go and get it myself.

I guess that makes me an ass in some peoples eyes, but I just believe in taking responsibility for myself and think others should do the same.
__

My mighty steed

I guess that makes me an ass in some peoples eyes, but I just believe in taking responsibility for myself and think others should do the same.

It's not "some peoples eyes", it's her eyes.
Therein lies the rub... action-consequence.

Option A
With all the sincerity that you can muster, say, "Honey, I know that you are feeling achy. This is my chance to take care of you and repay you for all the stuff that you do for me." (Don't elaborate, let her do the thinking)

Consequence - you will be believed to be the person who causes the world to revolve.

Option B
"Hell no. Why didn't you buy them?"

Consequence - you may have drastically reduced the prospect for any future interpersonal use of your penis.
Plus, if you are ever sick, it will be too noisy at the beach bar for her to answer the phone.

Sub-reference - the actual meaning of the statement, "You can do anything that you want..."

...says "I'm on my last pad". I made the mistake of asking "what do you want me to do?" ...

[:/]
I've never been married and even I know that's a stupid answer! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Brave, but stupid B|

In the Boat Race of Marital Life, there are...
people who are sailing contentedly.
people who are drifting slowly and think survival is winning.
people who are bailing a life raft with an axe and think that only the other side is sinking.

Consequence - you may have drastically reduced the prospect for any future interpersonal use of your penis.
Plus, if you are ever sick, it will be too noisy at the beach bar for her to answer the phone.

Nah. I married a grownup.

She takes responsibility for herself and doesn't play dumb-ass games like withholding sex as punishment.

She is grateful if I do something nice like that, but does not expect or require it. She is an adult and understands that its her responsibility and doesn't seek to punish other people for not bailing her out of her own poor planning.

Matter of fact, she wouldn't even think of asking me something like that
in the first place.
As a direct result, I occasionally offer to run an inconvenient errand for her just to be a nice feller, and she appreciates it when I do.
__

My mighty steed

She takes responsibility for herself and doesn't play dumb-ass games like withholding sex as punishment.

She is grateful if I do something nice like that, but does not expect or require it. She is an adult and understands that its her responsibility and doesn't seek to punish other people for not bailing her out of her own poor planning.

Matter of fact, she wouldn't even think of asking me something like that
in the first place.
As a direct result, I occasionally offer to run an inconvenient errand for her just to be a nice feller, and she appreciates it when I do.

I think it makes a big difference as to whether this is an ongoing problem or whether it's a fluke. Taking responsibility in general is important and I would look at it differently if this was a monthly occurrence at 11:00 at night, but sometimes things don't go as anticipated and normal plans get derailed. You get points for running inconvenient errands, but I'm surprised that it seems like such a sacrifice to do that in the first place. I think I'm pretty self-sufficient and there would usually be a specific reason that I was asking for someone to run the errand if I did. On the other hand, I don't think it would seem like a big deal to be the errand runner, either--although I don't know if I'd be so good-natured about the midnight burger run for someone else! ;)
TPM Sister #102

Same here....Actually now I just keep taking pills and dont even bother with those things anymore. Quite nice actually :D

Oh yes, I totally agree with that one!! Definitely the way I prefer to do things.

I would say that it's VERY nice of all the men out there who are willing to go get them in the middle of the night, but unless the pads suddenly developed legs and walked out on their own, how do women not know they're getting low on them? I bet they'd only do it once if they didn't have someone else to send out for them. At least notice in the morning so you (or your SO if he doesn't mind that kind of errand) can pick some up on the way to/from work.

I learned long ago to depend on no one but myself ;) Sure it could be an OH crap I forgot, could you while you are at the store so I do not run out. But like another poster mentioned...I would never force my forgetfulness on anyone else as a burden.

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto