legalart

News Story re Jeb Corliss Wingsuit Landing

[Physics do not apply to Jeb Corliss any more than they apply to Chuck Norris.

THAT IS BLASPHEMY, SIR! >:(>:(>:(

Never...NEVER compare that self-absorbed attention whore with 'He Who Makes All Others Pee Themselves'. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

But for me, it wouldn't even be worth flipping on a TV or clicking on a link to see it. Just completely uninteresting.

And yet you not only clicked on this link, but posted several times in the thread. Hmm... :P

:D You're right! I was seriously thinking that there had to be an addendum to his announcement like "...sponsored by McDonald's (c), where you can try the new 'McCorliss'; a BBQ McIdiot sandwhich with vanilla sprinkles" or "-Brought to you by your friends at SE Johnson Wax" or some shit like that. :ph34r:

I guess I have to say I'm curious if science will give a shit about it or merely marketers...

If he was working on a new way to save a pilot from a spin or cure cancer or keep people from dying of hypothermia or some shit I'd grab my pom-poms and bullhorn and cheer for him, too. All he ever does though seems to be attention whoredom at it's worst. :S -Though he hasn't BASE'd off of anything whilest banging Paris Hilton. Yet. :| Seems he fancies himself a real life 'Triple X'. I guess all that's missing is a whole bunch of 14 year old target audience and a whole lot of beautiful body that he doesn't possess.

I am curious to see how he's going to do this with a metal frame and still call it a 'wingsuit' and not a glider like someone mentioned...and how he isn't going to burst into flames.

Oh well...hope he doesn't die.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Wow, why all the negativity towards Jeb? If you're not interested in what he's doing, then just ignore him. It seems silly to post in a thread about him just to tell us how uninterested you are.

People on here post lots of pictures and videos of themselves skydiving or BASE jumping. I guess they're all self-absorbed attention whores too. I mean, they're not trying to cure cancer, so why should we be interested in what they're doing?

And, you know, it's one thing to post trash-talk about Paris Hilton, or other people who are not likely to be reading this forum (even though it's still pretty lame). But you're talking about another jumper who is likely reading this forum, so you could at least try to state your opinion without the personal attacks.

All he ever does though seems to be attention whoredom at it's worst. :S -Though he hasn't BASE'd off of anything whilest banging Paris Hilton. Yet. :| Seems he fancies himself a real life 'Triple X'. I guess all that's missing is a whole bunch of 14 year old target audience and a whole lot of beautiful body that he doesn't possess.

I am curious to see how he's going to do this with a metal frame and still call it a 'wingsuit' and not a glider like someone mentioned...and how he isn't going to burst into flames.

Oh well...hope he doesn't die.

There may be some truth to what you say about the guy--I've never met him--but he does have some credentials to back it up.

IMO, his attempt to jump the Empire State Building was downright fucked up considering the people and traffic below, and I'm glad he was stopped. I'll be watching if he or anyone else tries to land without a parachute, though, and I'll be cheering them and their team on.

Walt

Wow, why all the negativity towards Jeb? If you're not interested in what he's doing, then just ignore him. It seems silly to post in a thread about him just to tell us how uninterested you are.

People on here post lots of pictures and videos of themselves skydiving or BASE jumping. I guess they're all self-absorbed attention whores too. I mean, they're not trying to cure cancer, so why should we be interested in what they're doing?

And, you know, it's one thing to post trash-talk about Paris Hilton, or other people who are not likely to be reading this forum (even though it's still pretty lame). But you're talking about another jumper who is likely reading this forum, so you could at least try to state your opinion without the personal attacks.

Maybe because of her perception of his personality type. The type of disregard he showed for the safety and property of others when he attempted to jump the Empire State Building is strikingly similar to personality traits of people in our sport who have been killing themselves and others recently.

I've never heard of him hurting anyone, but I can understand a negative reaction.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing his attempts and hope they are successful.

Walt

Maybe because of her perception of his personality type. The type of disregard he showed for the safety and property of others when he attempted to jump the Empire State Building is strikingly similar to personality traits of people in our sport who have been killing themselves and others recently.

Yes, that was a stupid thing for him to do, but I doubt that that one action sums up his entire personality. And she made no mention of that; this thread is about a different stunt, which he seems to be planning without putting others in danger, so I don't see why she is so annoyed about it.

All he ever does though seems to be attention whoredom at it's worst. :S

The reason he is such an attention whore is because he needs the money. The money comes from people with money, and none of us are going to help him get 2 million bucks together for his landing ramp.

Hell, it's almost impossible to sell a handful of dvds for like 15 bucks, cause people don't want to pay for stuff. So he's doing the right thing, getting on TV, getting publicity, and someone will jump in and give him money one of these days so he can land a wingsuit without a parachute...

It's simple economics.. he needs money, so he goes out of his way to make himself known out there..

Jeb, if you're reading this, good luck man. If you think you can do it, you probably can.

It's people like you who try the impossible that achieve the impossible. Rock on.

Have to agree 100%

And just because we don't see a "cure for cancer" or other socially acceptable reasons for this doesn't mean that the results of his research won't be used in the future for other experiments and progress. Some that might some day be very important.... we just don't know it yet.

Good Luck Jeb!

Jeb, if you're reading this, good luck man. If you think you can do it, you probably can.

It's people like you who try the impossible that achieve the impossible. Rock on.

Have to agree 100%

And just because we don't see a "cure for cancer" or other socially acceptable reasons for this doesn't mean that the results of his research won't be used in the future for other experiments and progress. Some that might some day be very important.... we just don't know it yet.

Good Luck Jeb!

Hopefully the "Results of his research" won't include autopsy results.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Have to agree 100%

Good Luck Jeb!

Of course it can be done--that's a no brainer. It's being able to do it more than once that's the tricky part.

Walt