Misternatural

Remember your childhood family cars

My parents were Mr. and Mrs. Practical:
1960something Plymouth valiant wagon six cylinder.

bench seats,whitewall tires, a pointy steel-skull cracking dashboard
and an AM radio which seemed to be stuck on playing Petula Clarks Downtown.

in the 70's it was a Pontiac Nova
I mostly remember us driving to the beach :)

-edited to change that it was a Pontiac Ventura not a Nova -Chevy made the Nova but it was basically the same car and yes my memory sucks.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

1964 Buick Special
1966 Buick Skylark
1962 VW Bus

These were the vehicles we had when I was growing up. The Special became my first car when I got my license. The Bus ended up sitting in the carport as tool and supplies storage for 2 decades after mom drove it around for a week with the oil light on. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Made lots of trips in the ol' LTD Country Squire wagon with fake wood paneling. There as the fold out bench seat facing backward that us little kids always sat. We could see where we had been, but not where we were going. Ya think our parents got tired of "Are we there yet?":S:ph34r:

Attached photo wasn't our car, but it is the same color.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I remember a Pacer and one of the first kind of family vans that had "leisure van" written on the side, like you had to let everyone know it wasn't a work van. The van had 4 captain's seats, a closet, a u-shaped seat with a table in the back and even a sink. I used to sit on the seat behind the closet and make-out with my boyfriend on the way to swim practice. That was, until my little brother saw me and told on me! >:(:D

When I could drive, my parents bought me a Pinto. They didn't have the best taste in vehicles.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Here's a pic of a '64 Buick Special, though not the one I had. Big ass car. 355 Wildcat V8 engine. If you had one of the newer cars and got into a wreck with this Special, your car would be destroyed and the Special would just have a slight dent!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I remember we had a two-tone blue Mercury Zephyr. I also remembered it was hit by a big rig and didn't fair too well. I can't remember what car came next... Either the Dodge Dynasty or the Honda Civic Hatchback...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

We always had Oldsmobiles and Cadillacs...a relative ran the local dealership.

Mom had a Coupe de Ville.

Dad's pride & joy was a '65 442 ragtop.

I had my license all of 2 weeks when I flipped the 442, lost it at 110 on a curvy road....dad wasn't pleased. >:(

I know when he finally forgave me though...when I was 40 he let me drive one of his car again! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

>>first kind of family vans that had "leisure van" written on the side,

Did it have carpeting? plush pile carpeting? and a mural on the side?
-typically a brother in the family would turn that into a mobile bachelor pad.:o

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

>>first kind of family vans that had "leisure van" written on the side,

Did it have carpeting? plush pile carpeting? and a mural on the side?
-typically a brother in the family would turn that into a mobile bachelor pad.:o

You know.. both Bolas and Thanatos340 have one of those.. :D

I still remember going to Autohaus in Lancaster, PA with my folks to pick up our brand spankin' new 1969 VW Beetle. White/red vinyl interior (no radio!). I was five years old. We kept it long enough that I learned to drive and take my test in that car. I was seriously pissed when my parents traded it in on a Jetta. Uggh. But we had a few other cool cars too: 1972 BMW 2002, 1973 (?) MGB GT w/triple carbs, and a 1976 Malibu Classic SW. Mom and Dad also liked the VW Bus; I think we had about six of them over the years. About half were campers. No heat in any of them. We had to sit in sleeping bags on the way back from ski trips.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.