upndownshop

USPA Rocks!

I never knew whether to be proud or insulted when Wal-Mart declined to hire me because I was "over qualified."

uHMMM,,, NOW THATS,, a tough call... Which decision did you make?
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

uhmmmmm,,, >Would have dealings with a business that knowingly does business with
>a known drug dealer?

Can we rephrase this question wihout B & C involved? and without some "Old guy" calling for the Police?

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

>every dz accept skyride certificates. When the person shows up, advise
>them that if they call their credit card company and dispute the charges . .

Interesting! The DZ ends up getting sued for credit card fraud, and Skyride gets more money! Excellent idea.

with a d --license number something in he sport of that many years,,, IF you have not gotten what USPA has done for us,, Pffftttt

Did yoiu really say 40 years with that d license number?

I had 24 jumps before I was born in Oct of 1967, made my first jump that I can remember in 1984 didt get my D until 93. So Im not really sure how many "years" I have been in the sport. And since my mother was president of USPA for 3 terms, I guess I tend to "protect" the organzation.:S

If it helps my USPA number is 44632
oh my mothers is USPA 420;)

guess I tend to "protect" the organzation.

Shouldn’t that be the other way around? I thought the organization was there to "protect" Skydivers.

I think the organization may have forgotten that.

Do you really think the current BOD and Executive Committee have the "members" best interest at heart or are they more concerned about just protecting DZO`s?

Do you think the USPA would even consider listening to the Average Joe Jumper anymore? From everything I have seen, I seriously doubt it.

Since USPA BOD won't cut the GMDZ program loose from USPA maybe we need to get it put on the ballot so USPA membership can vote on the issue.B|

I don't expect the BOD to go along with this so maybe a write option needs to be included on the ballots we vote for so and so for BOD and RD if USPA cancels the GMDZ program.:o:ph34r:

R.I.P.

One Jump Wonder

Do you think the USPA would even consider listening to the Average Joe Jumper anymore? From everything I have seen, I seriously doubt it.

Come down to the meeting in February. I'll be there!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It looks to me like the GMDZ is the only thing the USPA represents anymore.

Sad but true.

I also dont see an easy answer. Skydivers in general are very apathetic and generally dont care about anything as long they can jump. In reality, the vocal minority speaking out here will have very little effect.

If people protest by not renewing their membership, They are screwed as they cannot jump at most DZ`s. The USPA has the general membership by the proverbial balls and they know it.[:/]

I will come, but from what I have seen.. I do not have any false expecations of them listening to anyone but the Group Member DZO`s.

What do you hope to accomplish by going? Do you really think they will listen to you when they will not even talk to thier own RD`s and ND`s? (Them= the Executive Commitee)

What do you hope to accomplish by going? Do you really think they will listen to you when they will not even talk to thier own RD`s and ND`s?

At the very least, to show that there are some "average weekend jumpers" who give a shit.

We're becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Gotta start somewhere to break the cycle. I guess I'm trying to go in with an open mind and participate in the process. I can't say "they won't listen to me" if I haven't even tried to make my voice heard.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I will come, but from what I have seen.. I do not have any false expecations of them listening to anyone but the Group Member DZO`s.

What do you hope to accomplish by going? Do you really think they will listen to you when they will not even talk to thier own RD`s and ND`s? (Them= the Executive Commitee)

We could falsely advertise a trip, all expenses paid, to a strip club and kidnapp everyone to go.:ph34r:

More seriously . . . We could put a fund together for a nice dinner party after the meetings to encourage members to show up and voice themselves.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We could put a fund together for a nice dinner party after the meetings to encourage members to show up and voice themselves.

You mean sit around and whine about Skyride??
Isnt that what DZ.com is for.:P

In my mind, That is a dead issue right now. Bitch, Whine, Moan and complain all we want.. Skyride and their DZ`s are part of the USPA and will continue to be as long as there is a GM program.

To me the real issue is that the USPA seems to have lost perspective on who they are supposed to representing.

We could put a fund together for a nice dinner party after the meetings to encourage members to show up and voice themselves.

Isnt that what DZ,com is for.:P

In my mind, That is a dead issue right now. Bitch, Whine, Moan and complain all we want.. Skyride and their DZ`s are part of the USPA and will continue to be as long as their is a GM program.

To me the real issue is that the USPA seems to have lost perspective on who they are supposed to representing.

No - they haven't. They just seem to be ignoring it. It's not like they don't KNOW that the wrong thing is being done.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Lots of members there might help to remind them.

So let's go refresh their perspective. I agree, the more of us that show up the better. It may not do a lot of good, but it definitely won't hurt anything either. We have nothing to lose by going to the meeting...

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Isnt that what DZ.com is for.:P

In my mind, That is a dead issue right now. Bitch, Whine, Moan and complain all we want.. Skyride and their DZ`s are part of the USPA and will continue to be as long as there is a GM program.

Not only is Skyride now a part of USPA, but the GM program means YOU are helping support Skyride. You see, the Group Membership program is not self-funded. The dues received are not equal to the expenses. The difference is made up by dues received from individual members. The last time there was a fuss like this, it was mostly Michael Hawkes, but the facts (and opinions) remain the same. Google.groups has some interesting echos.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skydiving/browse_thread/thread/220e6e7ccd86dee9/918a608a8a8c6c6e

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

What a mess . . .

The December PARACHUTIST landed in my box today and I caught my mailperson (a young woman) looking at the cover. "I've always wanted to do that," she said while smiling at me in all her wuffoe glory. You should have seen me go straight into my act of, "Yes, skydiving is wonderful, and that magazine is put out by USPA, our governing body, and yes, if you want to jump, here's how you go about it."

Maybe it's ingrained in me after all these years, and maybe, I thought as I walked up my driveway, it's because I don't really hate USPA at all. But like a son or daughter who didn’t live up to their potential, I'm just flat disappointed.

But, I realized hopefully, it's a new day now because the "Needle" is gone . . .

I don’t think USPA suffered a more milk toast Executive Director since the days of "Curt" Curtis back in the early 1980s. But USPA needs a "leader" now more than ever. (And if you don’t believe the Executive Director really runs USPA tell that to Bill Ottley).

So I sat down and hopefully opened the magazine and, oh boy, the new guy either didn’t start well, or got handed a nice welcome to the job. The front of the magazine started with a Skyride advert and the back end was the memorial to the Caravan crash victims. I think, as editor, or anyone with a say, I would have suggested doing that the other way around.

Maybe it's time the general membership directly elects the USPA Executive Director. Because what we get now is rife with cronyism and continuation of regime. And I think drastic changes in direction, every so often, would get us more toward the place we ought to be . . .

Edit - Okay, I just learned that advert isn't skyride, so never mind that part ;)

NickD :)

I guess I tend to "protect" the organzation.

errr,,, oppps,,,, sorryyyyy. The description was just suspecious (D-number only meant 10-13 years) and looked like a B $ C thing.. My bad I apologise.

And USPA is important to me also.

I guess I tend to "protect" the organzation.

errr,,, oppps,,,, sorryyyyy. The description was just suspecious (D-number only meant 10-13 years) and looked like a B $ C thing.. My bad I apologise.

And USPA is important to me also.

No apology necessary. And when i say "protect" USPA, im just saying I grew up with USPA in my house for quite some time with my parents involvement.
be well