Cajones

Saving lives with your computer.

I think I found our competition they started after us and have about the same number of processors and such.

SilentPCReview Folding@Home
Date of last work unit 2003-04-30 20:02:17
Active processors within a week 151
Team ID # 31574
Grand Score 61226.2996463776
Work Unit Count 2353
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 102
Home Page http://www.silentpcreview.com/
Fast teampage url http://folding.stanford.edu/teamstats/team31574.html
Fly it like you stole it!

Not sure, actually. Two of my machines are dual-Xeons, running Advanced Server 2000, with multi-threading. They show up as 8 processors. I have 2 laptops, one a 2.4GHz/P4, recently added, the other a 1GHz/P3 - they don't run continuously. I have a Linux file/print/ftp server w/ 400MHz/P2 that runs 24/7, that chugs along like the little train that could. The other 4 processors belong to a client that is familiar with the Human Genome Project, and allowed me to install the client on the 4 1.7GHz/P4's I built for them, but they are setup for Genome unit preference (although they are processing more Folding units than Genome units, last I checked). I'm sure I'll start slipping backwards as more Genome units are available, again.

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Come on, we need more members.

And our members need more computers! I'm still scrounging. :)

Yup, I agree with that!

I've added a PII 266, a PII 350, a PII 400, 2 1+Gig Celerons and 2 ~1Gig Athlons to the mix, and I'm looking for more. These are all computers of friends and clients I work on a few times a month. As a friend, don't charge them, so this is my "payment". I've still got probably 7 or 8 systems to hit in the next month or 2.

Edit to add: The console as a service is cool......hides very nicely.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Our nearest rivals SilentPCreview have this on their site.

Just barely more than a month after we began our own Folding@Home team, we are up to the 148th spot on the multi-thousand-long roster with only 46 members! Join our 24/7 unobtrusive computing team. Donate your untapped computer power to our distributed computing effort: Help us break 100 by April's end!

So we got to enlist a few more. (they have 78 members btw)

...after all we don't don't want some sun-shy geeks kickin our ass's now....do we ? :P

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I've been experimenting and there is an option you can set on the folding program, I have tried it on the console and the task bar version. It seems to pick units that complete faster and get more points.

I have tried it on P3, P4 and Xoen processors and the number of points per day increased. I tried it on my celeron and it was a bad things, the units took forever to complete, I think the celerons and older processors like the P2s dont have some capability that the new ones do, maybe cache or some MMX commands.

To set the option add the '-advmethods" command line option when the program is started. You should do this in the startup options and in the folding at home. In the console option just put it on the command line. You can tell is it worked by looking at the log file, it shows the option if you added it. You have to restart the program to make it have an effect, also it will not effect the current work unit, you will have to wait until the next one to start and it should pick project numbers 537-542, these are fast units.

2 questions ... how do I set it up to run as just a service? Do I need the external program? Also, How do I add the command line -advmethods? I'm running the console version. Thanks:)

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

When you start folding from the command line add " -advmethods", without the quotes. So you would probably type something like
FAH3console -advmethods

Which O/S are you using? I think you can only run it as a real service on win 2000, 2003 and NT, probably XP as well, but I've never used it. You will need to get an external program to do this. You can get firedaemon from http://www.firedaemon.com/, they have a free lite version which looks fairly eay to use, although it did give an error, which I ignored, when I installed it.

I'm ready for an update on the stats... Rich?

Based on the last 3 days processing and assuming no changes in processing power by any team - we will take
position 75 in 12 days
position 60 in 32 days
position 50 in 112 days
position 43 in 3 years
position 42 in 7.5 years and hold

kicking butt B|
Rich M

heya I'm about to pass Lew!!

track girl track.. i'm about to untie your shoes ;)

yeah yeah... that's what happens when you go away for a 3-day boogie weekend.
as long as we all contribute, it's all good.

peace

Hehehe, I've got both of ya in my sights, as well as Kris. :o

Must.......find......more......hardware......
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1