Cajones

Saving lives with your computer.

Yeah....I have been hooked up for three months now. Finally broken into the top 20, but it is slow going making any progress from here up. I'll never catch up to the top 10 unless I can find a spare server farm somewhere that doesn't need their extra CPU cycles......:o

Yeah, I know, I am a slacker.....:)
Dual AMD Athlon 1600 Server
P4 1.6
P4 2.0 Celeron
AMD Classic 800

I need to go see what computers they left unsecured at school. Some of our computer labs are downright sad what privileges they left open. Maybe I could add 20 or so more to my cause. Maybe then I'd make top 3 in a two or three years...:S

What's with all the slacking going on???;)

Team dropzone.com has fallen to 69th. Although that's still pretty good, I admit.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for more computers...
Catch me if you can! B|

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

Funny thing is that I just checked, and I have no way of catching you unless I get a LOT more stuff going on. I can overtake enough people to make it to 7th place with my current setup.....but that will take 410 days........

Places 1, 2, 4, 5, 6........got no chance of catching you all.....

although....... B|

yup i just got all my computers up and running.... 2600+, 1,3mhz and a 433mhz sadly though the 433 just started yestaersay and after 24 hours is only churning out about 18% of a work unit...... says something lke it is 90,000 processes through a 500,000 process piece.... damn that's a lot of steps.........been thinking about setting up another chepo computer (70 bucks for a complete 433mhz p3 system) just to fold with and pla around on networking the computers i have........ who knows... that is like 4 jumps....

It doesn't matter how big or how fast it is. It's all helping out on a good cause!

It is strange that our team has actually shrunk a little, lately. People must have gone to other teams. I don't mind if people are contributing to other teams, so long as they are still folding.

Who would've believed we could fight diseases chatting on dropzone.com... ???

On a side note... If you are at a college/university you might be able to recruit people pretty easily with the screen saver version. People say "what's that cool looking thing?" You explain it and take them to the site and get them signed up! Might get more people on the team than clandestine ops (although they help, too).

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Right on!

I was folding for PCabusers. Left and came here but they needed me back to pass a long time rival.

Hopefully I can climb up pretty fast and help bust 69th place. Too bad this can't be sticky so we can get more recruits [:/]

MILESTONES

wildcard451-10,000 points B|
John J --------5,000 points :)
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

*BUMP*

Come on people......lot of people on the list that aren't doing anything.

Oh yeah, if you don't want to even realize it is running, and you have NT, W2K, or XP, you can run it as a service and it will just start on its own whenever the computer boots up. the instructions are here...Service Instructions

Hopefully we'll get some more people going with this bump!

Over the past couple of months I have been watching the number of team-active processors drop from over 160 to what is currently below 140 and still falling.

If you have contributed before but perhaps have neglected to leave your client running then please consider allowing your client to run all the time.

For those of you who have never seen this thread before, please take a look around this thread and on the website: http://folding.stanford.edu

The cause is not trivial. One life that this research helps save in the future may very well be your own.