Rdutch

Old Flintstones Cigarette commercial

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ntrsMAlIQWA

Its sad and funny all at the same time. Could you imagine Simpsons Budweiser commercials, and Family guy Marlboro commercials. Im actually glad they made laws against this. But its funny to look, at and think about how different the world is today.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

The Flintstones were huge. That show had a big market share. I remember sitting on the sofa watching that show with my family. Cigarette ads? Semed perfectly normal at the time. The majority of American adults smoked, anywhere they wanted. Things have certainly changed for the better. :D

Originally The Flintstone were an adult cartoon, and others like Betty Boop were too.

good point! After i became somewhat of an adult, i recall watching a few episodes of different cartoons from my childhood (like I am really grownuP now) and thinking to myself...." I dont remember laughing at this stuff!!" the INUENDOS that came across in TV on ALL of the 3 channels that we had...

I think MASH was probably the best at this subconcious? type of media.....

I love it!!!! :) I miss the good old days!!!!

:D:D:DWhat? the 80s:ph34r::ph34r: WTF :D:D:D

I knew something would come back on that.... I guess what I meant, is my parents are considerably older than me, I was a late in life "oh shit"... I was raised on 50's, 60's, 70's music and tv.... and still LOVE it to this day!

The Flinstones were an animated version of the Honeymooners. Once I was told that, I could see it immediately and never looked at the Flinstones the same way.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

tink, at 45 I never knew that til just now.... and I can see it also.... whoa! And if by chance it is not true, they are similar in script portrayl.... Which leads me to say this;

"Very interesting.....but!"

any guesses anyone? (which has NO bearing on Fred and Wilma)

Nice reference, but Laugh In was much bigger than the Flintstones. Long Live Artie!!!
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717