kallend

Thank you Travelocity - NOT

Last week I went to change the date of a flight I had booked through Travelocity. It was within 24 hours of the original booking, so no big penalty applied (only $7 according to their online calculator). I received an email notice of cancellation of the first flight from Travelocity almost immediately, confirming the $7 cancelation fee.

Yesterday I received an email from Travelocity telling me that the trip was active, "have a nice flight". A check with my credit card account showed no credit for the cancelled trip, and the full charge for the new date.

I called their "customer care" (sic) line and spent 45 minutes talking to a guy in Bangalore who couldn't tell me anything at all ("will you just hold for 2 minutes", "will you just hold another 2 minutes", "will you just hold another 2 minutes", etc., etc.). Finally I hung up in disgust.

I think I'll quit using Travelocity from now on.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Flying is just not enjoyable anymore unless you can jump out.

Truer words...... [:/]
especially when you are a suspected terroist with a concealed bomb in you plaster leg cast:D:D:D

OR when they delay your flight 3 times and them cancel it>:(>:(>:(
or they over book the floght by 20 friggin passengers and they throw you on stand by for 7 hours>:(>:(>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

especially when you are a suspected terroist with a concealed bomb in you plaster leg cast:D:D:D

I'm still claiming that it was because of the sparklers that I set off the detection monitors. I would never touch gun powder. :)

But it did concern the TSA screening lady. B|

I'm still claiming that it was because of the sparklers that I set off the detection monitors. I would never touch gun powder.

But it did concern the TSA screening lady.

That's not it. It's when her next 15 minute break is that is concerning the TSA screening lady.:P

Update: it's now more than 24 hours since I first tried to find out whether or not the trip has actually been cancelled, due to their having sent me contradictory emails. The charge is still on my credit card account. Every response I get from them is fluff and prevarication with no information in it.

I think I've discovered a source of concentrated imbecility.

I think I've discovered a source of concentrated imbecility.

:D (unfortunately, it was there WELL before you "discovered "it)

Like America before 1492!

Update#2

The "Customer Care" guy in Bangalore just told me the trip is still active and that I was now too late to cancel it. I told him I already had an email from Travelocity dated Feb 12, confirming the cancelation. At that point he was unable to respond in any rational way but gave me a "secret" email address to which I can forward their original cancellation email since they seem to have no record of it (However, the trip has disappeared from the "My Stuff" tab on the Travelocity web site).

I also discovered that Travelocity is owned by Yahoo, something I didn't previously know.

What a FUBAR outfit!

Muenkel, good advice, I already contacted American Express.

Last week I went to change the date of a flight I had booked through Travelocity. It was within 24 hours of the original booking, so no big penalty applied (only $7 according to their online calculator). I received an email notice of cancellation of the first flight from Travelocity almost immediately, confirming the $7 cancelation fee.

Yesterday I received an email from Travelocity telling me that the trip was active, "have a nice flight". A check with my credit card account showed no credit for the cancelled trip, and the full charge for the new date.

I called their "customer care" (sic) line and spent 45 minutes talking to a guy in Bangalore....

Should've ordered a torpedo mate....:D

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Muenkel, good advice, I already contacted American Express.

Glad I could help. You're going to win this dispute because you have the backup documents to plead your case. Amex is the best card when it comes to backing its' members. The burden of proof is much higher on the vendor.

A few years back, I rented a car down in Florida. Approximately 10 miles from the rental place, I had a blowout on the front right tire. After waiting on the side of the Beeline Expwy for about 2 hours, the rental agent arrived with a new car. The guy kept me waiting while he jacked up the car and took a look at the rim. Obviously it was damaged. He accused me of hitting something in the road. When I denied that, he asked how the rim became damaged. My answer: "You think it got damaged when it hit the pavement at 70mph"? Fast forward to when I returned the car before my flight home. On my bill is a $600.00 damage fee. I told them there was no way in hell I was paying that. They refused to remove it. Spoke to a manager who told me that an accident reconstruction expert determined that the rim was damaged because I struck something in the road. Yeah right! Manager refused to remove the charge. I needed to get to my flight, so I circled the charge on the bill, wrote 'under dispute' and went on my way.

When I arrived home, I called Amex and told the story. They immediately gave me a claim number and credited my account for the amount in question. It took 90 days, but I received a letter from Amex that the vendor did not meet their requirements in resolving the dispute.:)
I have found the quicker you notify your cc company, the better your standing.

Good luck.

Ah the plight of the modern traveler. Someone who travels often enough ought to employ a travel agent...then they can spend the time on the phone instead of you, and they don't charge extra for it either..it's their job.

Alot of tickets these days are no cancellable or transferable. Hope you don't get caught in that trick bag.

BTW...Travelocity, Expedia...all suck badly when it comes to customer service.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Ah the plight of the modern traveler. Someone who travels often enough ought to employ a travel agent...then they can spend the time on the phone instead of you, and they don't charge extra for it either..it's their job.

Alot of tickets these days are no cancellable or transferable. Hope you don't get caught in that trick bag.

BTW...Travelocity, Expedia...all suck badly when it comes to customer service.

I already have the "cancellation confirmation" email originally sent by Travelocity, 4 days before they decided it was not cancelled. I met the 24 hour deadline for allowing cancellation.

Mostly I fly myself, no hassles like this, no TSA...

We recently took a day trip on a train...it made me long for the convenient days of air travel.
Zero hassles....other than the train being 1 1/2 hours late anyway!
Air travel has become something I try to avoid if at all possible.
Hope you get it sorted out.

What few people know is that if you directly to the airline - it tends to be not only cheaper, but less EXPENSIVE too.:)
One trip I was looking into:
Trav: 680
Exp: 640
Cheap Tix: 640
Direct to the airline:415+ Tax

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Update #4. An email from Travelocity's "Consumer Relations" yesterday said they cannot cancel the trip "because it is in the future". WTF:S does THAT mean?

This company must have an affirmative action program for morons.

Update #4. An email from Travelocity's "Consumer Relations" yesterday said they cannot cancel the trip "because it is in the future". WTF:S does THAT mean?

This company must have an affirmative action program for morons.

Ask them if there is a way to cancel trips that you have already taken then.

And copy their "e-mal" response.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yup. That would piss me off.

Muenkel is right about AMEX on all accounts.

Like Turtle, I've always spent the time checking every method of booking a travel package and comparing first. I've used Expedia once and will definitely give them another try. We did utilize their customer service and we had really great response & service from them. Everything worked out really well for us--particularly the savings--except the hotel. It was supposed to be a four-star hotel. I've used outhouses nicer than their bathroom (and roomier!). B|

But all of the advance ticket-purchases we made were also a great deal and worked out really well.

I find it's a lot more difficult to utilize sites like that when planning a less touristy trip--which we actually prefer.

Kallend, I hope everything works out well for you soon. I've never heard anything positive about Travelocity and am hesitant now to even consider shopping them in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yup. That would piss me off.

Muenkel is right about AMEX on all accounts.

Like Turtle, I've always spent the time checking every method of booking a travel package and comparing first. I've used Expedia once and will definitely give them another try. We did utilize their customer service and we had really great response & service from them. Everything worked out really well for us--particularly the savings--except the hotel. It was supposed to be a four-star hotel. I've used outhouses nicer than their bathroom (and roomier!). B|

But all of the advance ticket-purchases we made were also a great deal and worked out really well.

I find it's a lot more difficult to utilize sites like that when planning a less touristy trip--which we actually prefer.

Kallend, I hope everything works out well for you soon. I've never heard anything positive about Travelocity and am hesitant now to even consider shopping them in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Just a general observation: Expedia's prices run $300 or more over what a travel agent can get for you. They are not the deal they make themselves out to be.

Example: 7 nights at the Grand Esmeralda Blue Bay in Cancun departing Mar 29th from CLE. A travel agent can get you this trip for about $1100 per person complete. Expedia charges $1527 per person for the same trip. And it's not just this trip. I see it all the time. Yes, I'm biased but you are not wrong using the services of a travel agent, any travel agent.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne