Zep

The next time you are,

In a restaurant an the meal you ordered isn't exactly how you would have liked it,...........
take a little time out an think that the chef isn't a mind reader an has done his best to
make sure that what ever he's cooked he has done to the best of his ability.

Gone fishing

Asked by a homeless person for money, offer to buy them food. Ask what they want, and get it for them from a nearby restaurant.

If when you get back they are gone you can eat it yourself, take it home, or give it to someone else. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

In a restaurant an the meal you ordered isn't exactly how you would have liked it,...........
take a little time out an think that the chef isn't a mind reader an has done his best to
make sure that what ever he's cooked he has done to the best of his ability.

And always be careful 'how' you complain / comment to the chef...don't wanna get any 'special' added ingredients if ya send something back to the kitchen! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Agreed, with caveats - if I order a steak medium-rare and get it well-done.... but in regards to spicing/presentation, etc, agreed...

If you order medium-rare an it comes well done, by all means send it back to be uncooked :D

Gone fishing

And always be careful 'how' you complain / comment to the chef...don't wanna get any 'special' added ingredients if ya send something back to the kitchen! :D

I worked in the kitchen of an upscale restaurant when I was in high school. One day a drunk customer who could not grasp the meanings of rare/medium/well-done berated the waitress and sent a steak back to the kitchen three times. She was in tears. For dessert the drunk ordered a melon-ball salad. What he didn't know was that the cook who prepared the melon-ball salad, was also the waitresses boyfriend.

I watched the salad being prepared. Believe me, you don't want to know...:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh, and what brought this on? :|

Were nearly three months in to running a Bar/Restaurant, I run the hotplate, grills an a wood burning Bar-b-que
Most week-ends every thing go's great, today my timing was off, Just a little despondent I guess.

Gone fishing

I worked in the kitchen of an upscale restaurant when I was in high school. One day a drunk customer who could not grasp the meanings of rare/medium/well-done berated the waitress and sent a steak back to the kitchen three times. She was in tears. For dessert the drunk ordered a melon-ball salad. What he didn't know was that the cook who prepared the melon-ball salad, was also the waitresses boyfriend.

I watched the salad being prepared. Believe me, you don't want to know...:S

I am sure it involved some kind of bodily fluid. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not to disagree with you too loudly, but I think that when a person goes to a premium restaurant they should get premium service. If the person who is taking the order can't write it down correctly to give to chef, then they should find a new vocation.

I had a terrible experience with the wait staff at Applebee's today. I will not go back to that particular restaurant again. The waitress was horrible and the food came out horrible. All the wait staff's fault. Then, when the waitress that was covering our table was too busy, another waitress delivered the food. She was not any better.

Anyhow, to add some humor http://www.illwillpress.com/rest.html
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Not to disagree with you too loudly, but I think that when a person goes to a premium restaurant they should get premium service. If the person who is taking the order can't write it down correctly to give to chef, then they should find a new vocation.

I had a terrible experience with the wait staff at Applebee's today. I will not go back to that particular restaurant again. The waitress was horrible and the food came out horrible. All the wait staff's fault. Then, when the waitress that was covering our table was too busy, another waitress delivered the food. She was not any better.

Anyhow, to add some humor http://www.illwillpress.com/rest.html

Your first paragraph and your second paragraph have absolutely nothing to do with each other... :P

The link was funny though. :)

I am sure it involved some kind of bodily fluid

Yummy!! I wanna eat there. :D

Road Trip: Those were the best pancakes ever.

my family goes to a japanese tempen grill place every now and then *like bennyhanas* The chef asked my mom how she would like her steak, and she told him medium well* .. I can't remember the exact words, but he didn't like that, and said something along the lines of too bad/it doesn't matter. I'm the chef and I'll cook it how I like" ... She loved the steak.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720