hjumper33

Pantz opinions

Does anyone out there own birdman pantz. My gf wants to get me a pair for my birthday and I wanted to get opinions on both color schemes and freefly vs. BASE. I dont BASE currently but plan to in 100 jumps or so, so would it be worth it to go BASE and is there a huge difference in flight characteristics?

Yes, I shall also watch with interest. I know if you look up S3 vs Pantz on skydivingmovies.com you can get a cool video.

Also interested in the Pheonix version if anyones got knowledge. Are there any prerequisites for jumping with tracking pants or down to CCI?

scott - there isn't much out there comparing the pantz type and much of those posts are really junk. Though there are a few good posts in the FF forum and the WS forum that would help him out.

hjumper -
there is easy to find info about the makeup of the two pants. in terms of BASE, there are cheaper ways to go and you always have to be aware of body position, since they want to put you in a head down position if you dont have a jacket. It may be wiser to ask in the base forum about specific pants for a more focused opinion.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Just to sum it up briefly, if you want more performance, you're better off with the PF pants (even better if combined with the jacket) or a cheap pair of homemade smoke pants (search the BASE forum for those).

If you want to look cool, you need the Birdman Pantz. While the other two options work better in the air, they're hardly suitable for post-jump socializing at the dz bar. And don't even get me started on the Pressurized tracking pants.:P

Note that none of these products can magically improve your skills, especially skills you don't even possess yet and might even hinder your progress if used at a too early stage. It's easier to go unstable with tracking pants and end up fighting them for control instead of flying them and of course even easier for that to happen if your body/air awareness is under a certain level.

Also, to the original poster- if you are serious about BASE jumping in the next 100 jumps or so, I hope you've already considered making most of those jumps a preparation for it.

Also interested in the Pheonix version if anyones got knowledge. Are there any prerequisites for jumping with tracking pants or down to CCI?

The phoenix-fly tracking set up is pretty much exclusively for hard core peformance tracking. I also needed to pay more attention to stability than with entry level/ mid range wingsuits.

BM Pantz won't give you the same potential for performance but would be better for just an added edge on tracking dives and can also be used in freefly etc.

YMMV. I have only a handful of jumps on any of these products.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Also, to the original poster- if you are serious about BASE jumping in the next 100 jumps or so, I hope you've already considered making most of those jumps a preparation for it.

Thanks for the concern and I deffinately am. Planning on trying to do everything in a manner that wont piss off a bunch of people in these forums (if that is at all possible). Ive gotten advice from several very experienced jumpers on the skills I need to develop and started focusing jumps on them. Ill be in norway for a few weeks visiting friends and plan to watch some jumpers and see what I can learn from that, and eventually ill probably do a FJC. Im in no hurry, guess im just one of those crazy newbies that still gets a thrill just jumping out of an airplane.

Note that none of these products can magically improve your skills, especially skills you don't even possess yet and might even hinder your progress if used at a too early stage.

Great avdice. :)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com