Nightingale

DB Cooper parachute found?

I'm scared of that other thread, so I'll post here. I'm really curious to see if they find a body attached to that parachute or not. Guess we'll find out pretty soon! :)

AirTwardo already photographed the body and is using it as his avatar.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm scared of that other thread, so I'll post here. I'm really curious to see if they find a body attached to that parachute or not. Guess we'll find out pretty soon! :)

That's just to throw people off of the trail of the real DB Cooper;)

Jim you got some splainin to do!

That's just to throw people off of the trail of the real DB Cooper;)

Jim you got some splainin to do!

So.....how 'BOUT this weather?! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

dear mr. t. (did you like w.c. bryant in highschool too?)

i am interested in the cooper case but an ignoramous concerning any of the technical details. i would appreciate any answers which you with your experience(300 jumps) and your reading might be able to give me.
in an article i read by d. krajicek on the "crime library" site i note that mr. cooper jumped at 10,000 ft. (is this an unusual height or "par" for the course? any particular danger involved here)

it was below freezing temp. when he jumped. is this a problem for a jumper?
there seems little evidence that mr. cooper could have had a helmet with him. is this a very big problem?

the plane was travelling at 195 mph confronting ( i read in another article) 2oo mph head winds. are these conditions murderous? are they conditions that experienced jumpers in the past have survived?

i do not understand all the talk about the man "splatting". if one lands on a tree after a jump, what are the chances -- can one generalize here? -- that one gets one self killed or badly hurt?

is there a consensus among skydivers of what kind of chances the jumper had, or are there too many imponderables? (or just too many "opinions")

thank you.
if you have ans. to any of my questions i would be grateful.
novalis

You are looking in the wrong place. The main thread on the investigation is here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3110098;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Note that this is the 2nd main thread, but there is a link to the original on the first page of that one because the original got locked.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban