BillyVance

12 Way Speed Star results

Right leg on a left-door exit?
What? Were you on your back?

Typical rookie mistake.
:D:D:P

Glad you're OK, anyway.

Let me help you out...

Raise your right hand to shoulder level.
Turn your palm out away from your shoulder.
Now vigorously and fully extend your right arm.

That's the motion used to prevent that guy on your right from pinching you off into the rear door jamb.
Try it...it works.
:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Right leg on a left-door exit?
What? Were you on your back?

Typical rookie mistake.
:D:D:P

Glad you're OK, anyway.

Let me help you out...

Raise your right hand to shoulder level.
Turn your palm out away from your shoulder.
Now vigorously and fully extend your right arm.

That's the motion used to prevent that guy on your right from pinching you off into the rear door jamb.
Try it...it works.
:D

Dude, last time I did that, I broke my fucking arm. :|

I swear, I don't know how my right leg got the brunt of it. Should have been the left leg.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Um, it was only an 11 way. I was near the middle, waited for all you assholes to get by and then just watched the carnage. B| It was nice to see it without being a part of it. :D:D ( I think Dammit Janet is still cussing us. :) )

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I swear, I don't know how my right leg got the brunt of it. Should have been the left leg.

Sounds like either 1) You like that door position and can't wait for another lashing or... 2) You should relinquish that position to someone faster, stronger, and younger.... ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Sounds like either 1) You like that door position and can't wait for another lashing or... 2) You should relinquish that position to someone faster, stronger, and younger.... ;)

ltdiver

I already said in the other thread I wasn't gonna do it again. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ltdiver

What huh? Other thread? Hey mods, he's double posting! :D>:(

ltdiver

ltdiver

ltdiver

Nah, the other one is more detailed. Good Vibes Boogie thread in Events and DZs.

Good Vibes, my ass! >:(:P

ltdiver

ltdiver

Nah, the other one is more detailed. Good Vibes Boogie thread in Events and DZs.

Ah, poor boo boo. :| Want skymama to send you some glitter? :)

ltdiver

ltdiver

ltdiver

Ah, poor boo boo. :| Want skymama to send you some glitter? :)

ltdiver

No but she can send me a pic of herself in a naughty nurse outfit. :)

No but she can send me a pic of herself in a naughty nurse outfit. :)

Why, do you want to compare it to yours?:D:D:D

It's better looking than yours. :D

I was doing a 10-way one time, and due to a bunch of newbies doing a really crappy job of tightening up the line-up, found myself closer to the pilot than the door when they gave the "Go", (which I was too far away from to even hear). Once I got within 6 feet of the door, I just did a frantic lunge for it. Didn't quite make it, and nailed my shins on the bottom of the door frame. That pivoted my feet up and nailed the guy behind me right in the face.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

They sure do fun-jump speed stars differently nowadays. It used to be:

crammed in the door (picture 10 skydivers in a phone booth) with the last one or two serving as pushers.

or

all out...on the wing, on top, hanging by fingers on the jamb, etc. 1-2-3!@ all go at once.

There was none of this very dangerous, 2x2 orderly stuff.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

crammed in the door (picture 10 skydivers in a phone booth) with the last one or two serving as pushers.

or

all out...on the wing, on top, hanging by fingers on the jamb, etc. 1-2-3!@ all go at once.

We certainly could have completed that speed star faster using the former method than the latter. And it's a super otter, more than capable of handling a group of that size at the door too. [:/]

or

I once heard a hilarious story from an oldtimer reminiscing about the bad old days of doing a 10-way speed star from a DC-3 with seats in it, (and I don't mean jump seats), while wearing gutter gear, (ie front-mount reserve). Sure glad I missed that!:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I once heard a hilarious story from an oldtimer reminiscing about the bad old days of doing a 10-way speed star from a DC-3 with seats in it, (and I don't mean jump seats), while wearing gutter gear, (ie front-mount reserve). Sure glad I missed that!:S

I've done 10 way speed star out of the super connie's SMALLer door, but we didn't do it train-style, or there would have been a few shoulder dislocations at the 155 mph exit speed. :D

Edited to add:

I have video of a big way from Skydive Chicago that I was in, using their 2 otters along with Mr Douglas, which I was front float on, by the way. There was a great camera point of view inside Mr D of a long, long single file train of jumpers going out the door. I think I was glad to be front float on Mr D, even if that was the hardest thing I ever did. :D

How long di it take to get the oil out of your ears?

Oh wait...maybe that explains it.
;)

I was lucky that day, not a drop of oil on me. B| But I did lose my grip and fall off 4 seconds too early on a formation load... and STILL got back up and in my slot. B|

It's kind of funny being a right trail floater and your slot is on the outside of the left side of the formation! :D

How long di it take to get the oil out of your ears?

Oh wait...maybe that explains it.
;)

I was lucky that day, not a drop of oil on me. B| But I did lose my grip and fall off 4 seconds too early on a formation load... and STILL got back up and in my slot. B|

It's kind of funny being a right trail floater and your slot is on the outside of the left side of the formation! :D

Don't you have to jump to make these claims?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun