PLFXpert

The Things We Want to Do But Never Do.

well then you need to go "look" at a piano than.

unless you know someone who owns one already.
(or buy a ***UGH***keyboard to brush up.)

tooting your own horn? don't you mean finger your own keys?
My photos

My Videos

:)
I don't have Rosetta Stone--maybe that's the problem. Yea.

:P

Actually, that might be the problem. Rosetta's a really good program. There was a school around here that used it as part of their ESL program, and the students scores went up pretty drastically, and they liked the program enough to bring in their parents after school to help them learn English.

Just like Quade said, I wish I would have practised my Spanish more back in H.S. I took 3 years. I should be fluent.[:/]

Also, the music thing. I took 4 years of piano lessons from age 10-14. At that time I had absolutely no interest in playing the piano, so I never practised between lessons. Today, I would love to be able to play the piano. I guess I could try again.

Lastly, I had many years of vocal training but gave it up in my 20's. Now, I'm quite a bit out of practise. I'd like to this again also.

So Carrie, why are we not doing these things?

Chris

This reminds me of the line from the movie "The Village": "Sometimes we don't do the things we want to do so that others won't know we want to do them."

Anyway, my list of things to do is so disorganized I can't even respond to your thread in a creative fashion. I guess I'd add a few languages to my repertoire. :S:P

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You've mentioned that before and I made a mental note.:)
I suppose it's I already have a perfectly good, unused set of nine I got for free. I could go buy the Rosetta Stone set, but...

See, it's the whole "things we want to do, but never do" theme.;)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

The Village was an OK movie. I remember the line. It wasn't on your "must see" Netflix list, though. Neither would it be on mine.

I love that you have a repertoire, though. Reminds me of Finch in American Pie.:P

The Village was an OK movie. I remember the line. It wasn't on your "must see" Netflix list, though. Neither would it be on mine.

I love that you have a repertoire, though. Reminds me of Finch in American Pie.:P

Actually, when I made the list, I was laying in bed and tired. I would put The Village on my "must see" list. It is one of my all time favorites. :):P
Make light!

Play the guitar! ...:$ i would still like to learn though.

I never understood that. Of course you can probably give up on being a rockstar. but if yo uwant to learn to play /or speak a new lang...or in my case type properly:D

the only thing holding you back is you.

problem is MOST people dont have the patience for it.

all in all I guess we're all going to be statistics anyway, so whats the point:D
My photos

My Videos

Oh, I thought of one more thing . . . been nagging at me for years and I actually -am- capable of doing it so why the F don't I just sit down and do it?

I have a piece of fiction I've been meaning to write for years. I've written outlines, done tons of research, have the whole "universe" of the story figured out . . . I just can't seem force myself to actually write the f'in' thing.

Doesn't make any sense at all.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But, enough about that already. I will buy a piano soon. New house first. Piano next. If I buy one, I'm going all out. Big daddy grand, baby!

I already have a grand piano. I think it needs dusting.[:/]

Damn you, after reading this thread I just spent the past 40 minutes playing guitar (which I hardly ever play anymore), and now my hand hurts. :P Now I must quit pretending to be a rock star (with my classical guitar??? :S:D) and get back to doing chemistry homework.

Ok, I'm going now. Really, I am. :)

That's what's so vexing about it, isn't it?:D

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

It makes NO sense I don't learn Spanish. No sense. I will take the time to research things that are of no importance to me whatsoever only b/c I'm amused at those debating it with such emotion (when it seems so inane to me). But, I won't learn Spanish???:S

But, you said Mandarin Chinese.:P

No, I said I'd like to snap my fingers and suddenly know Mandarin Chinese. But I said it would help to make learning Arabic easier. So if you key into the focal point, the real goal is Arabic. Completely a pain in the ass. I definitely need it to get where I want, but it's among the more difficult world languages to learn. As it is, I've already spent at least $120 combined on a low level CD program for the language and Arabic for Dummies, and neither one has done much for me, so I'm hesitant to drop another $200-$300 on another CD program that won't work.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Just when you captured my interest, all points must be utterly destroyed.

I did enjoy The Village--would have rated it 3/5 Netflix stars. Certainly not 5.:S And to think I put a couple of your "must sees" in my queue.

I'm so disappointed.[:/]

;)

Oh, I thought of one more thing . . . been nagging at me for years and I actually -am- capable of doing it so why the F don't I just sit down and do it?

I have a piece of fiction I've been meaning to write for years. I've written outlines, done tons of research, have the whole "universe" of the story figured out . . . I just can't seem force myself to actually write the f'in' thing.

Tell me about it. I'll write the book for you.
No one would read it with all those typos ,though.
My photos

My Videos

Just when you captured my interest, all points must be utterly destroyed.

I did enjoy The Village--would have rated it 3/5 Netflix stars. Certainly not 5.:S And to think I put a couple of your "must sees" in my queue.

I'm so disappointed.[:/]

;)

Okay, read a couple of my favorites, that should recapture your attention... "Welcome to the Monkey House" and "Cat's Cradle", both by Kurt Vonnegut. Enjoy, and you're welcome... :):P
Make light!

going in country to a place that speaks the language... or enlisting in the military and spending 63 weeks in monterey where all you do for 7 hours a day and 2 hours of study hall 2 nights a week and homework and etc etc... its not any easier, but you're forced to learn it! I was dying while i was there, arabic made my head hurt! but i'm already thinkin i'll probably try to go back in a few years for another language:)

Play the guitar! ...:$ i would still like to learn though.

the only thing holding you back is you.

problem is MOST people dont have the patience for it.

----------------------------------------------------
i once heard someone say, "if you do something for 15 minutes, everyday...and i mean everyday, in one year, you should pretty good at it."