leapdog

92R MOS

Are there any out there? Serving currently? What branch?

I am a former Marine and I'm in the IRR now. I served in Comm maintenance. Served ten and miss it about 90%. I found para-marine reserve unit but they are blowing me off so I talked with an Army recruiter. I'm looking for input from people that have been a 92R as far as school, performing job duties, and life in general as a 92R.

Thanks.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Are there any out there? Serving currently? What branch?

I am a former Marine and I'm in the IRR now. I served in Comm maintenace. Served ten and miss it about 90%. I found para-marine reserve unit but they are blowing me off so I talked with an Army recruiter. I'm looking for input from people that have been a 92R as far as school, performing job duties, and life in general as a 92R.

Thanks.

I think you are in the wrong forum dude, try posting in the "Bonfire".

Mick.

This has to do with rigging if I wanted the general public's opinion then I would have posted it there. I think here is appropriate. If it isn't then the MODERATOR will move it or tell me to move it and delete this.

Thanks.

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Look at the All American Freefall Teams web page, the Golde nKnights web page and the SilverWings web page, they all have several 92R's on each team.

Unfortunatly our 92R (Screaming Eagles PDT) just got reassigned and we need a new one. Want a job?:)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Look at the All American Freefall Teams web page, the Golde nKnights web page and the SilverWings web page, they all have several 92R's on each team.

Unfortunatly our 92R (Screaming Eagles PDT) just got reassigned and we need a new one. Want a job?:)

I have a great job in the private work force, so the reserves will have to do. thanks anyway.

This has to do with rigging if I wanted the general public's opinion then I would have posted it there. I think here is appropriate. If it isn't then the MODERATOR will move it or tell me to move it and delete this.

Thanks.

OK Then, I'm missing something. What is your "gear and rigging" question? It sounded to me like a question about a unit of the armed forces and tyring to relocate yourself with them. No disrespect to the men and women in uniform, but what do you specfically want to know about sport skydiving equipment? BTW I've been told @ least once that I'm not a complete idiot, just on occasion.

Mick.

Thanks.

OK Then, I'm missing something. What is your "gear and rigging" question? It sounded to me like a question about a unit of the armed forces and tyring to relocate yourself with them. No disrespect to the men and women in uniform, but what do you specfically want to know about sport skydiving equipment? BTW I've been told @ least once that I'm not a complete idiot, just on occasion.

Mick.

I wasn't aware that someone called you an idiot. If they did I don't have control over that. I certainly didn't call you one, but I apologize for any language that may have lead you to believe that I did. I wouldn't think that anyone posting here would be.

I figured that since this was trade related, even if it was equipment specific, that it belonged here.

If it isn't then a moderator will let me know.

Thanks.

Mick.

I wasn't aware that someone called you an idiot. If they did I don't have control over that. I certainly didn't call you one, but I apologize for any language that may have lead you to believe that I did. I wouldn't think that anyone posting here would be.

I figured that since this was trade related, even if it was equipment specific, that it belonged here.

If it isn't then a moderator will let me know.

I don't think anyone's called me an idiot to my face in a while (I was just paraphrasing). Exactly just what is the nature of your equipment related question? I (among others) would be more than happy to answer any questions that you have in relation to your (or anyone else's equipment) gear question. Please elaborate.

Mick.

A 92R is a number designator for the parachute rigging job. MOS is military accupational specialty.

Restated- Are there any out there? Serving currently? What branch?...I'm looking for input from people that have been a 92R as far as school, performing job duties, and life in general as a 92R.

Thanks for wanting to help.

Restated- Are there any out there? Serving currently? What branch?...I'm looking for input from people that have been a 92R as far as school, performing job duties, and life in general as a 92R.

Was in the ARNG for 1 1/2 years...currently still in and also ROTC...hoping to branch quartermaster and get with a rigging platoon. Just not sure how to get it done![:/]

Leap Dog,

There are very few Reserve or Guard units with para-quaified people. You would be further ahead to check with a nearby Air Guard or Air Reserve unit. They have drag chutes, cargo chutes and ejection chutes as well as manual personnel bail-our rigs. No OJT there - you will have to go to school - and parachute packing is a small percentage of what riggers do.

Leap Dog,

There are very few Reserve or Guard units with para-quaified people. You would be further ahead to check with a nearby Air Guard or Air Reserve unit. They have drag chutes, cargo chutes and ejection chutes as well as manual personnel bail-our rigs. No OJT there - you will have to go to school - and parachute packing is a small percentage of what riggers do.

Thanks.

I already managed to find one para-marine unit, one air delivery platoon unit marines, and a army airborn rigger unit. all three reserves. I also did research on the MOS and realize that they just don't pack parachutes and as in any military mos, you just about always have to go to school.

I have not been but have a few buddies that went to 92R...Ok here's the deal, You on a good day will spend most of your time sitting around doing nothing....The chances of you packing any Square chutes is remote. When it comes to actual chutes you will be doing rounds only.

Depending on the unit (personal chutes or equipment). Also, you will spend a good deal of time on a sewing machine reparing webbing or other related airdrop equipment. If you are a currently rated FAA rigger you prolly already know more than the Army 92R course will teach you as you have to take aditional training to go from Army rigger to FAA rigger.

Units to look for are Spec Ops Guard or reserve units. You recruiter will know. Just visit the unit and speak w/ thier current 92R to make sure it's what you want.

Hope this is more on the mark to what you are looking for.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

I have not been but have a few buddies that went to 92R...Ok here's the deal, You on a good day will spend most of your time sitting around doing nothing....The chances of you packing any Square chutes is remote. When it comes to actual chutes you will be doing rounds only.

Depending on the unit (personal chutes or equipment). Also, you will spend a good deal of time on a sewing machine reparing webbing or other related airdrop equipment. If you are a currently rated FAA rigger you prolly already know more than the Army 92R course will teach you as you have to take aditional training to go from Army rigger to FAA rigger.

Units to look for are Spec Ops Guard or reserve units. You recruiter will know. Just visit the unit and speak w/ thier current 92R to make sure it's what you want.

Hope this is more on the mark to what you are looking for.

yes this is more toward the mark of what I was looking for. Thanks.

I have not been but have a few buddies that went to 92R...Ok here's the deal, You on a good day will spend most of your time sitting around doing nothing....

Is that what are you looking for???

The chances of you packing any Square chutes is remote. When it comes to actual chutes you will be doing rounds only.

Rounds????? ha, ha, ha...;)

You kidding right????
Gus Marinho

I was a Parachute Rigger with the US Army. In fact when it was a real MOS at 43E.... the E stands for Everything............

I must say that I loved the job. I can say this due to the fact that Ive always kept things higher standards.... Plus you are one of few MOSes that kept airborne status/ pay....

Rigger school sucked at ft Lee, VA. but after it all the red hat has alot of respect on the airborne base such as bragg,

Having worked in personal packing where we would pack an average of 25 t-10 / MC1 series parachute to working with the 100 ft G-11's: and being in charge of the engineers who would pack them to the actually rigging a D-5 or M551 and watching the load come in with a all ok was great.

I did not like Maintance that much but still it was a chance to expand my offerings to Uncle Sam...
And halp me for getting my Masters Lic.

Or the guy who thanks you for the great pack job you did ... Oh the life.

Riggers hold alot near and dear and if you hold someone elses life dear to you then this could be the job.

As far as getting into packing ram air class that is usually reserved for special ops or when you go to BNOC as a NCO.;;;

Best of all I loved the travels to all over the world to cover airborne ops: be it personal or just one cargo drop. Who could aks for more........

Just my two cents...

If you want further information just contact me......And Ill try to get you some asnswers..

Thanks,

Ken..
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I have not been but have a few buddies that went to 92R...Ok here's the deal, You on a good day will spend most of your time sitting around doing nothing....

Is that what are you looking for???

The chances of you packing any Square chutes is remote. When it comes to actual chutes you will be doing rounds only.

Rounds????? ha, ha, ha...;)

You kidding right????

Nope, not kidding. spec ops use the squares.

Hey Marine,
I don't think the military wants you to pack their chutes!!!

Who is Nito Rodriguez?

Also- The Navy does, but I told them my packing tool was too small.