ntrprnr

Is there a trip speed for the Pro Dytter?

Was trying to burn altitude under canopy this weekend, and did a series of hard left turns. All of a sudden my Dytter flatlined. Scared the HELL out of this relative newbie.

Is there a "trip speed" for it? I.e., won't beep under such and such, but will over such and such?

Freaked the hell out of me. Had to stop and think - wait - you're already under a good canopy - there's nothing to pull.

Thanks.

I'm sure there is, I've never seen actual numbers published. I do know that when I jump with my pro-track, it flatlines during my setup for my swoop. Its a common theme among every swooper I've talked to.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

according to the manual, the third alarm (continuous tone) will sound at OR BELOW the preset altitude IF you are exceeding 29 m/s descent rate

the same goes for the Protrack

29 m/s = 95 ft/s = 65 mph

now the interesting part:

if you have a CYPRES, it will activate if you are exceeding a descent rate of 35 m/s at around 750 ft, all the way down to 130 ft, where it deactivates

35 m/s = 115 ft/s = 78 mph

if you have a student CYPRES, it will activate at 1000 ft if you have a descent rate below 35 m/s but above 29 m/s

interesting if you have a CYPRES and you hear that flatline during your final turn, know that if you are above 130ft, then you have just reached 80% of the descent rate required to fire your CYPRES (unless you have a speed CYPRES)...

RTFM

seriously, anyone with a gear question out there, RTFM and then ask the question if you still have one

Thanks for posting that, shows me that it was published and I now stand corrected. I'm going to remember this and your tie in to the cypres speeds. That's something I'm going to remember.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

according to the manual, the third alarm (continuous tone) will sound at OR BELOW the preset altitude IF you are exceeding 29 m/s descent rate

the same goes for the Protrack

29 m/s = 95 ft/s = 65 mph

now the interesting part:

if you have a CYPRES, it will activate if you are exceeding a descent rate of 35 m/s at around 750 ft, all the way down to 130 ft, where it deactivates

35 m/s = 115 ft/s = 78 mph

if you have a student CYPRES, it will activate at 1000 ft if you have a descent rate below 35 m/s but above 29 m/s

interesting if you have a CYPRES and you hear that flatline during your final turn, know that if you are above 130ft, then you have just reached 80% of the descent rate required to fire your CYPRES (unless you have a speed CYPRES)...

RTFM

seriously, anyone with a gear question out there, RTFM and then ask the question if you still have one

some of us don't have manuals with used gear ;)

When I do hop n pops I get my second tone going off (which is set for 3,000) if I'm doing hard turns. I have never had the final flatline go off though.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Being able to set off a dytter under canopy isn't really hard. I've done it under my Safire and my Nitron with toggle and front riser turns. It surprised me the first time but it's not a big deal because that is way over activation altitudes of an AAD.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

80% of Cypres max seems like a lot for a 230 at 1:1.

But I've never had a device (or at least the sw to pull it) to see my vertical descent data on canopy. When I demoed the neptune, I tried to look at the indicators when I could, but didn't in more severe moves, or when I had the brake fire. That figure I guess is the one of interest to me.

I can't get the link to work...

What is the "opposite" situation? Below what vertical speed will the Pro-Track NOT sound? Or in other words, how slow do I have to go in my wingsuit to not hear an alarm?! (in normal or slo mode?)
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

I can't get the link to work...

What is the "opposite" situation? Below what vertical speed will the Pro-Track NOT sound? Or in other words, how slow do I have to go in my wingsuit to not hear an alarm?! (in normal or slo mode?)

Here's the relevant info relating to alarms from the manual:

WARNING ALARMS

Altitude selection interval: 100 ft (25 m)
Calibration range: 0 – 9,900 ft (0 – 3,025 m)
Accuracy: +/- 100 ft (+/- 33 m)
Alarm sounds

1st warning: One 3.8 second pulsating alarm if vertical airspeed exceeds
13 m/sec at the preset altitude. Sound sequence: Pulsating, low repetition.

2nd warning: One 5.0 second pulsating alarm if vertical airspeed exceeds
13 m/sec at the preset altitude. Sound sequence: Pulsating, high repetiton.

3rd warning: Siren alarm as long as vertical airspeed exceeds 29 m/sec. at or
below the preset altitude. Sound sequence: High pitch continuous siren.

When selecting STU (Student) or SLO (Slow) in Dive Type the siren will
continue sounding until the rate of descent under the (fully deployed) canopy is
less than 13 m/sec for minimum 6 sec. Then, a new rate of descent to activate
the siren is automatically set to 29 m/sec.

The only change in STU is that mentioned above - the fact that the rate of descent must be less than 13m/sec for at least 6 sec. There's one additional piece of info related to the SLO mode:

A different exit slope parameter is chosen in the software

I can't find anything that explains exactly what that means. If you want, PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy of the manual.