Bodyflight.Net

Do you believe in Ghosts/Spirits

be sure and share the details of your trip.
I saw the TAPS episode.. it was intense

I myself could not go, I cannot even drive by a cemetary without dealing with some kind of energy that I did NOT invite into my life. I had to visit my home (during the buying process) several times before buying it to be sure it was empty of energy that would affect me in any way. :S

I myself could not go, I cannot even drive by a cemetary without dealing with some kind of energy that I did NOT invite into my life. I had to visit my home (during the buying process) several times before buying it to be sure it was empty of energy that would affect me in any way.

I wonder how many people would actually buy a house in which some great evil occurred, if they were aware of it.

I myself could not go, I cannot even drive by a cemetary without dealing with some kind of energy that I did NOT invite into my life. I had to visit my home (during the buying process) several times before buying it to be sure it was empty of energy that would affect me in any way.

I wonder how many people would actually buy a house in which some great evil occurred, if they were aware of it.

Nobody in their right mind would, if they knew. Then again, a house may be unknowingly haunted, but the buyer may not experience anything until well after settling in, or even years later.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2 young souls died on my property about 10 years before we bought it.
There was a log cabin here, there was a fire, the parents got out but the children could not.. there was heroic attempts at getting through the walls to the boys from the outside, while screamed etc as they tried to get out, but the log construction proved impenetrable. my house was built on that foundation

the boys are not here... or at least I don't feel them... either way works for me

Nobody in their right mind would, if they knew. Then again, a house may be unknowingly haunted, but the buyer may not experience anything until well after settling in, or even years later.

Pfft, speak for yourself.

Evil is a name we give to certain types of actions and ideas we don't like. It's not a thing or 'energy':S which sinks into bricks and mortar.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

We had a guy in the ER with a linear skull fracture. Strangely enough, he was hit in the head with a chicken egg which DID NOT BREAK...it then fell to the ground and broke.

I have no idea what strange spirits or energies were in play there, but while drawing his blood, I clearly heard a woman's voice calling my name and an erie high pitched noise.

Further investigation revealed it was the patient in the next bay calling me ...and another ambulance coming in. ;)

Eggs are one of the more 'structurally sound' 'designs' in nature, it takes point pressure to break one, depending on angle and velocity I can easily see how your example could occur. (ever done the egg drop experiment in college? light bulbs would never survive.. in addition it had to unscrew multiple turns to fall in the first)

The comparison to a light bulb (which nearly anyone can break with a simply squeeze if the are so inclined) doesnt fit. (try that with an egg, dont use the point pressure of your fingertips)

you were in a crowded building and sound propagation is a pretty well understood fact. I was alone in a large building playing Bass loud enough to cause hearing damage. During full rehearsals you pretty much could only count on only being able to communicate through lip reading.

See, I would argue that if you weren't aware a great evil had occurred there, you would never 'feel' any negative energy.

See, I would argue that if you weren't aware a great evil had occurred there, you would never 'feel' any negative energy.

And I'd wager that if they were told a great evil had occured that they would feel 'negative energy' no matter if it was actually true or not.

And I'd wager that if they were told a great evil had occured that they would feel 'negative energy' no matter if it was actually true or not.

Which was, of course, the basis for roughly 83% of all episodes of Scoobie Doo.

And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you dang kids!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I once visited the former concentration camp at Mauthausen in Austria, and experienced a real sense of dread there when entering certain areas.

Those who believe that evil and suffering leave a mark might call that evidence, but even though I felt that sensation I still put it down to the knowledge of what happened there rather than any kind of residual energy.

I don't think you can have a completely objective reaction to a site that's said to be haunted or that has a known history of horrific events.

From earlier in the thread re. subjective v objective reality, to my mind there's nothing that can be described without some subjectivity. Your reality may be different of course, as its subjective.

mind is gravity:o

but what do I know

From earlier in the thread re. subjective v objective reality, to my mind there's nothing that can be described without some subjectivity.

And, from earlier in the thread, descriptions don't change what actually is. I can call a chicken an ostrich till I'm blue in the face but it'll still be a chicken.

Because there are things people dont understand or are coincedental most people have to rationalize them. This is human nature and has been done since humans created the story of god. God has been used to explain more things than anything else and has been disproved more then anything else. I am refering to all cultures from exsistance till now. If something wasnt understood it was deemed becuased the god/gods wanted it to be. from the sun rising the weather changes to almost anything that happens to our lives people want to say god wanted it that way.
The harsh truth is that there "is" an explaination for everything, and we are slowly evolving and learning that fact every year with technology and better educationing of our selves our species has started to understand many many things that were believedto be acts of god by simple research, as for the continued faith in the fact that there is a god that will probablyalways be because we fear death and that fear of dying causes the need for comfort. People need that comfort so they will continue to hope oe believe that there is a god and heaven waiting for them so the lead a happy life, imagine the horror people would feel if they knew that we where alone in the universe and when you die you just dont exsist at all forever, you end. To come to terms with that would be unbearable for many feeble minds to cope with especially if they had lost a love one they want to believe they are in this great place called heaven.
As for ghosts and spirits or god or any paranormal diety, I find extremely sad that people could actaully believe is real. I can pull a quarter out from behind a childs ear and they will believe I am magic. I consider any adult who believes in god to have a childs mentality.
I know there are many many people who claim to have all these experinces that make them believe, asks yourselves this if there was life after death ie. "ghosts" then what differences in our world does it make? why would these experiences be only at random and never calulated when ask for or needed? If they had some power or way to contact us why would be only at random or at one time way back in the past why not at all times?
Try to invision just how much our society has evolved in 100 years and all the things we now have explained thru science, and think of what explainataions were availible to the people over 2000 years ago when the creation of organized religion was created.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

wonder how many people would actually buy a house in which some great evil occurred, if they were aware of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're under the assumption that humans do not have souls or spirits then you should not have a problem occupying a building where you knew something did happen.

Just sand the floors and go on about your business.

wonder how many people would actually buy a house in which some great evil occurred, if they were aware of it.

I would no problems at all, if the price was right
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Someone said (I think it was Vallerina) that there is no scientific evidence to prove the existence of ghosts/spirits.

With that in mind- how can E.V.P (Electronic Voice Phenomena) be explained? For those that are not aware, E.V.P.'s are the recorded voice(s) of a 'supposed' spirit(s) and/or ghost(s) & are heard when a tape is played back.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

With that in mind- how can E.V.P (Electronic Voice Phenomena) be explained?

Tell me precisely the conditions of the recording and I'll tell you how it could be faked.

Show me anything that can be held up to scrutiny and I'll point you in the direction of James Randi, who is offering a million dollars for anything that proves paranormal.

Who knows, you might make some money and be famous . . . somehow I doubt it though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

With that in mind- how can E.V.P (Electronic Voice Phenomena) be explained? For those that are not aware, E.V.P.'s are the recorded voice(s) of a 'supposed' spirit(s) and/or ghost(s) & are heard when a tape is played back.

It can be due to things like radio interference or the fact that people try to find patterns in things (for example, people playing records backwards and hearing phrases.) And never rule out hoaxes. People want to get on tv, make a quick buck, etc, and the media is quick to grab onto ghost stories and the like. It makes for good tv! Unfortunately, finding out that it's all a hoax makes for less good tv, so it's not shown quite as often. An example of this is the crop circles. There are people who still believe crop circles are made by aliens even though the guys who started it came out and showed everyone how they did it.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

It can be due to things like radio interference or the fact that people try to find patterns in things (for example, people playing records backwards and hearing phrases.) And never rule out hoaxes. People want to get on tv, make a quick buck, etc, and the media is quick to grab onto ghost stories and the like. It makes for good tv! Unfortunately, finding out that it's all a hoax makes for less good tv, so it's not shown quite as often. An example of this is the crop circles. There are people who still believe crop circles are made by aliens even though the guys who started it came out and showed everyone how they did it.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there - E.V.P.'s could be faked, mostly because as you said, it makes for good T.V.... However, do you think (I'm honestly asking) that every reported incident is faked? It would be interesting to find reports of ghosts/spirits before television was around. Surely, they exist (the reports) because no matter if ghosts/spirits are indeed real, or it's all a trick our mind plays - no matter the cause - if it happens now, it surely happened in the past.

Oddly enough, (this may seem like a contradiction) I believe in God, but I do not believe dead people roam around on earth. I have had 'experiences' however, I'm undecided as of their origin. If it is/was a ghost & thus is what is at face value - so be it, I'm keeping an open mind. By the same token, if it is all a trick of the mind, so be it - either way, I'm not concerned about it.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of