gonzalesna

Sunburns suck!

Yes. I am very pale skinned (I don't tan - I can merely get a deeper shade of light purple).

And if you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between "shit" and "syphilis." I'm sure others of the easily sunburned ilk can agree.;)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Got it doing a carwash to raise money for the Marine Corps ball. Definately should've put on some sunblock.

(Photo Attached)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Holy Shit dude. Be sure to keep a cool WET cloth on it. You also might wanna go get it checked out by a doctor. A few years ago I ended up getting 3rd degree burns on my shoulders from the sun. (That's what happens when you spend one day at an amusment park with no suscreen then all the next day at a water park with no sunscreen.) So I can feel your pain. [:/][:/][:/]

Holy Shit dude. Be sure to keep a cool WET cloth on it. You also might wanna go get it checked out by a doctor. A few years ago I ended up getting 3rd degree burns on my shoulders from the sun. (That's what happens when you spend one day at an amusment park with no suscreen then all the next day at a water park with no sunscreen.) So I can feel your pain. [:/][:/][:/]

This is nothing compared to the deep frying I got when I was about 10. Went up to the mountains and went camping with my dad. There was a stream nearby that I lazed around in all day on a raft. To make a long story endless, I ended up having my back wrapped up like a mummy. My dad made me play my baseball game too, despite how bad it hurt to run, hit, throw and catch the ball. I'm blistered right now and it hurts to move, but it's still not as bad as that camping trip.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

That looks really bad! I have to be really careful with the sun. I'm essentially allergic to it. Without sun block I'll have second degree burns (my skin starts to bubble) within 15 minutes. Then it kicks up my immune system and I'm sick for weeks because of a few minutes in the sun. I wear 70 SPF even on cloudy days. Looking at your sunburn gives me the chills.

I'm definately not that sensitive, but I was outside in the sun from 11 to 3 and then back out in it at 5 or so until it went down. Brought sunblock but was so busy washing cars, I forgot to put it on.:$:S

I had a sunburn with the water blisters when I was a teenager. The doctor prescribed the following:

Soak a cloth in iced tea and apply it to your skin for 20 minutes. Then, sit with plain yogurt on your skin for 20 minutes. Alternate that all day long if you have the time. It really helps take the sting out.

Maybe take some ibuprofen to help with the swelling or go see a doctor? That looks pretty bad, I hope you can sleep ok tonight!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow dude, I feel bad for you and I don't even like you:D:D:D

When you start peeling, save the skin-you'll be able to recover a recliner when your done from that one

Well, I've been meaning to make a cushion for a chair I made a while back.:D

ouch, that really looks like it hurts.
I feel your pain right now...

careful with this, dude, if you keep it up like that your skin is going to want some cancer...

You're right... it does really hurt... but I've been in worse pain. Had a buddy that used to actually call me cancer because I smoke like a chimney and burn easier than my sister's cooking.:D I'm not worried though. I'll die some crazy death where people will read about it and go, "Who the hell'da thought he woulda gone out like that?"

I had a sunburn with the water blisters when I was a teenager. The doctor prescribed the following:

Soak a cloth in iced tea and apply it to your skin for 20 minutes. Then, sit with plain yogurt on your skin for 20 minutes. Alternate that all day long if you have the time. It really helps take the sting out.

Maybe take some ibuprofen to help with the swelling or go see a doctor? That looks pretty bad, I hope you can sleep ok tonight!

Tea and yogurt sounds just plain silly... Plus the last thing I wanna do is ask my roommate to sling yogurt on my back.B|:D[:/]

Managed to sleep pretty well last night, tonight should be about the same. Just sleep on my stomach since the majority of the burn's on my back. Showering definately isn't much fun though.

eh, you never know... ya might live till you're 100 and get cancer at 101 and get to post about it on the forums :)

Nahhh... that's just silly. :P

I think I'll be banned long before that.;)

eh, you never know... ya might live till you're 100 and get cancer at 101 and get to post about it on the forums :)

dude 2nd degree burns are no joking matter, and skin cancer can develop pretty quickly if you have a history of getting sunburned in your youth (like most of us pale oldies did)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Got it doing a carwash to raise money for the Marine Corps ball. Definately should've put on some sunblock.

(Photo Attached)

Holy Crap, that's really red! Won't you get in trouble for that?

Not if I don't go to medical, and if it doesn't conflict with work, training, or PT. Just gotta work through the pain. Not to mention that it happened at a Ball fundraiser, so I was helping the detachment during my weekend when it happened. I highly doubt they'll charge me, even if it did cause issues.

dude 2nd degree burns are no joking matter, and skin cancer can develop pretty quickly if you have a history of getting sunburned in your youth (like most of us pale oldies did)

Guess I'm pretty well screwed then... My nose is scar tissue (stays pink year round regardless of sun exposure) from being burned so bad and so many times. And here I was worried about lung cancer and getting blown up all this time.:P

Guess I'm pretty well screwed then... My nose is scar tissue (stays pink year round regardless of sun exposure) from being burned so bad and so many times. And here I was worried about lung cancer and getting blown up all this time.:P
:):ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Soak a cloth in iced tea and apply it to your skin for 20 minutes. Then, sit with plain yogurt on your skin for 20 minutes.

Now stuck with the fantasy of licking iced tea and yogurt off off SkyMama.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:):ph34r::ph34r:

Nah, I'll cut out the skin cancer with my pocket knife. Can't very well do that with lung cancer and well, getting blown up just means someone else gets my knife.

Now stuck with the fantasy of licking iced tea and yogurt off off SkyMama.

You're so silly! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Use towels soaked in ice water, place onto affected area of skin. This reduces the heat. Keep doing this until you get relief.

When you can stand it, put Nivea on it. And do consult a physician. My Dr. gave me this a few years ago and it really does work.