guppie01

Nice Article Skymama

I've heard skydiving promoted for many reasons, but I never heard it claimed as a weight-loss program.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Very Nice article, Andrea. I really enjoyed reading it. :)
Cool that someone scanned it; I don't get the mag yet.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I've heard skydiving promoted for many reasons, but I never heard it claimed as a weight-loss program.

I took "scared shitless" to a whole new level. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for the nice comments, you guys. I always say, two hours of hair and make-up do a lot for a girl. ;)

JT...the canopy wrap was on my 26th jump on a 2 way where we pulled around 12,000. My friend told me to follow him and he'd motion to me when to spiral down. He motioned and I spiraled, but like a newbie idiot I spiraled in the wrong direction and didn't realize the huge arch that my 210 had at the time. My canopy got wrapped around his legs. I cut away just fine, but he had a little trouble. He thought he was clear when he finally was able to cut away, but one of the lines was still wrapped around his leg; he went head-down with the canopy trailing behind him in a mess. Fortunately we had pulled high and he didn't have his RSL connected, so he had it all clear by 5000', if I recall correctly.

It was really scary. To this day I can't bring myself to do any big ways where it might put me in a situation where I'd be so close to someone under canopy. Yes, I'm a big chicken!

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks, ladies! :)
You know, I still haven't gotten my copy of Parachutist. Watch, it'll be the one copy that doesn't get delivered!

I just wanted to give props to skymama on a great article in the new issue of parachutist. Being a newbee in the sport its cool to me to get to know the ends and outs of how some have come to skydiving.

Great article skymama, and thanks for sharing how skydiving changed your life.

V/r
Brad
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Aw, thanks, Sweetie! :)
I was really shocked when they contacted me; at my home dz, I'm just another 500 jump wonder amongst world champions who have thousands of jumps. My first instinct was to say no because I was embarrassed, but my kids thought it was cool, so I wrote the article. Let me tell you, it's really hard to write about yourself like that!

Great job! damn if i knew you were looking for a new husband, well ok, ok, i just wanted to be your boy toy. Will you be writing in Penthouse Forum Next? You know, Those stories are true.
The thing I'm most happy about is that they asked for one of my "before" pictures when I was fat, but they didn't use it. :ph34r:

So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Just got my parachutist yesterday (anyone else get theirs this late?:S) Anyway, the article was very good! Your such an inspiration Andrea! And I would have never guessed that Mike Wolfe is a teacher!:o Ive only met him once when I did my Hellfish jump with him, but still would have never guessed! WAY TO GO!!!;);)

And I would have never guessed that Mike Wolfe is a teacher!

He's not anymore, I think he wised up! He was a hard-ass, the administration would give him the problem boys who the female teachers couldn't handle. He would take the class outside and make them march around the school! :ph34r: As hard as he was, the kids really liked him; my daughter still considers him one of her favorite teachers.

Just got my Parachutist and was delighted to see the article about Andrea. Though we've never met Andrea, I feel I know you from these boards. Congratulations on your marriage and on the article in Parachutist. Your children are beautiful. My story is much like your's except that I didn't start skydiving until 50! Better late than never. Take care!
Evelyn

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller