Leapinglizardto

um so

I bought beer the first time i went back after my first tandem.
then i bought it for the first time i pulled myself a canopy above my head.
then i bought some for the first time i didn;'t fart in the plane,... ooohh no that was Ryan....
then i stole some for the first time i stole beer,
and started a food fight at the restaurant our skydivers go to, called 'wild wings' (I thought they really meant 'wild wings' thus some started to fly from my general direction, and then, well there was an end when the paper towel rolls went flying to our instructors head).

well you get the idea.

so for your first trip to the dropzone, (what we call the DZ ) you might as well bring the beer, since you now know about it -having looked into the finer points of skydiving... good to know these things before you try to do something like jumping out of a plane,
figure out how much beer you should bring
if you want to jump again.

Well, yeah...that, and skydivers just like BEER!! :D
"Don't let the bon-bons give you a fat ass. Merry X-mas!" - Skydemon2

Well you would need to do a jump before they even start to call you a newbie. Until then we actually call you a WHUFFO.

Once you have done a jump you might stop being called a newbie after your first 80 jumps or maybe your first year in the sport, whatever comes first.

Bullshit.
those who DONT ask "why for you jump...." are not whuffos. i have quite a few friends who have never jumped but have no problem with understanding why i do.

As to being called a Newbie, in the company of the likes of Sparky, or Airtwardo, I will forever be a newbie:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well you would need to do a jump before they even start to call you a newbie. Until then we actually call you a WHUFFO.

Once you have done a jump you might stop being called a newbie after your first 80 jumps or maybe your first year in the sport, whatever comes first.

Bullshit.
those who DONT ask "why for you jump...." are not whuffos. i have quite a few friends who have never jumped but have no problem with understanding why i do.

YOUR experience does NOT equal everyone's experience - I'm pretty confident that more of us have heard the 'whuffo' comment from non-jumpers than haven't.

As to being called a Newbie, in the company of the likes of Sparky, or Airtwardo, I will forever be a newbie:ph34r:

I think most of us will always qualify for that one, too.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[replyYOUR experience does NOT equal everyone's experience - I'm pretty confident that more of us have heard the 'whuffo' comment from non-jumpers than haven't.

You missed the point again Mike. I did not make any comment about whether or not non jumpers make the the whuffo remark.

My comment was directed at Bigway, in saying that BECAUSE leapingwhatever had not jumped that they were a whuffo.

My comment was that not everyone who has not jumped is a whuffo.
do you have a problem with that?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Whats with the smiley face? You asked and i answered.

the face is cuz i was hoping the answer or # would b somewhat lower. & yes i did & yes U did & 4 this I TY.

You'll get off DZ.com newbie status when you start typing words instead of numbers and single letters.
:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My comment was that not everyone who has not jumped is a whuffo.

and not everyone who has, isn't :)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Huh? First jump? RIGHT;)..but you post in the beginning about "first jump in 2003...80 jumps"...

BIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:ph34r::D You BUTT CHEETOH!:ph34r:

:S?WTF?
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

so for your first trip to the dropzone, (what we call the DZ ) you might as well bring the beer, since you now know about it -having looked into the finer points of skydiving... good to know these things before you try to do something like jumping out of a plane,

[laugh} yep i thought of that earlier. only problem is knowing ahead of time how many others to expect to be there?:|
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

[laugh} yep i thought of that earlier. only problem is knowing ahead of time how many others to expect to be there?:|

Hey - if they leave as soon as the beer light comes on and don't partake, that's THEIR loss....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Bullshit.

yea. so there you have it!:P:P
:)

You'll get off DZ.com newbie status when you start typing words instead of numbers and single letters.
:D:P

B| lol. & pops shoots & scores>:(:P
for this alone i should buy popsjumper a beer.

aha. I like squeak.

You can take medication for that

oh shit.:D:D:D:D:Dthanks divot. you almost made me drown in gatorade. :P
tip of the day. the stomach is the ideal location for gatorade to end up upon initial ingestion. not the nose, the lungs or the computer screen. however this is not always easy to accomplish when reading shit divot posts, that make you also damn near wet your pants at the same time. hey divot warn a body before you do that shit again.:D:D:P

Oh my god. holy shit. no way that can't be right. & thanks for pointing that out mike >:(:P say what you really wanna say. 'hey look blabber-mouth hits another milestone, & it's only been 3 days.':D:D:P:P:P

aha. I like squeak.

You can take medication for that

oh shit.:D:D:D:D:Dthanks divot. you almost made me drown in gatorade. :P
tip of the day. the stomach is the ideal location for gatorade to end up upon initial ingestion. not the nose, the lungs or the computer screen. however this is not always easy to accomplish when reading shit divot posts, that make you also damn near wet your pants at the same time. hey divot warn a body before you do that shit again.:D:D:P

It's not the Divot that needs to cum with a warning label.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's not the Divot that needs to cum with a warning label.

well? go on.

The CDC and their representatives have forbidden an further discussion, including facts and witnesses, on this matter.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The CDC and their representatives have forbidden an further discussion, including facts and witnesses, on this matter.

so u can't remember huh? memories the 2nd thing to go.:P