Leapinglizardto

um so

when do they stop calling us newbies. is this like a frat. - soro. thing like we're every1s bitch/gopher for the 1st say 20 + jumps? if so i pray my soon 2b new found friends like cheap beer & wine. this could get rather expensive. when & after how many jumps do i get to have a bitch/gopher. does the torch change hands as soon as newer blood arrives? cuz i can bring friends 4 the second jump if thats the case. lol
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Well you would need to do a jump before they even start to call you a newbie. Until then we actually call you a WHUFFO.

Once you have done a jump you might stop being called a newbie after your first 80 jumps or maybe your first year in the sport, whatever comes first.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'm still a newbie. When I had 1 jump, I thought at 10 I wouldn't feel like a newbie any more. Then at 10, I thought 100 might be the magic number. At 100, I realize I didnt know shit, so maybe at 500 I wouldn't be a newbie any more. Now I'm wondering if maybe 1000 jumps would make me no longer a newbie, but given my track record, I'm thinking maybe I should just realize that no matter how long I'm in this sport and no matter what ratings I have, I'll always have far more to learn than I have already learned.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I didn't make my first jump until 2003, I'll let you know when I get off newbie status

oh no. please do so i'll be buying & flying well beyond retirement age. eh?
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

oh ty for the redirect. so im a whuffo. 80 jumps!:S

Yes you are a WHUFFO. And yes, i think it would be fair to say 80 jumps or 12 months before you are not looked at as a newbie anymore. Once you have a hundred jumps you will be looked at as a 100 jump wonder.

Whats with the smiley face? You asked and i answered.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

anytime you say the word 'first'.... you will be buying beer.

First jump out of a different model plane, first jump on a new rig, first cutaway, first jump at a different dz, first off dz landing, first bigway, first solo, first anything you buy. Same rule for us all.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

doh. lol so i was right about the sense of humor in the sport too. i'm gonna need alot o money. some1 please get howie mandel on the phone.and slip the banker a mickey.

To get off newbie status asap, just buy a round of beer every week - experienced jumpers will know your face soon enough.

But bring your friends anyway - that way you can bitch among each other about the skygods calling you newbies as well as gang up on the newbies when you become kygods yourselves ;)Hint: To get off newbie status ASAP, prepare to buy a lot of beer.

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Whats with the smiley face? You asked and i answered.

the face is cuz i was hoping the answer or # would b somewhat lower. & yes i did & yes U did & 4 this I TY.

Meh, don't worry about it. 3/4 of the people on this site haven't finished a student progression to a license or haven't jumped in over 6 months. So who cares about titles. Titles don't matter and lusting after one is pointless. Go to the DZ, jump, buy beer, hang out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

so im a whuffo.
--------------------
In Reply To
Yes you are a WHUFFO.
--------------------
fuckin brutal I tell ya

lol
the bastards

lol
hi baksteen
i like the way you think. that sounds good 2. taking notes lots of notes.
-
experienced jumpers will know your face soon enough.

But bring your friends anyway - that way you can bitch among each other about the skygods calling you newbies as well as gang up on the newbies when you become kygods yourselves
-
yes i like that part pass the torch. :)Hint: To get off newbie status ASAP, prepare to buy a lot of beer.
what kinda beer?

The opinions on that are strangely divided.

First, there's me saying "You'll drink whatever I'm buying and like it" and second there's everyone else asking for local brews, obscure stuff expensive beer, hard liquor or something called non-alcyhollic beaver-ages, whatever they are.

So far I have never had any problems, probably because we got stuff on draught.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

non-alcyhollic beaver-ages, whatever they are.
- say it isnt so thats just sacrilege. thats wrong.

So far I have never had any problems, probably because we got stuff on draught.
-oh so i can just show up with a keg or two. or a case or two on my tailgate? free beer always tastes best anyway doesnt it?

oh of course porpois if you insist. too bad tho i was planning on making my 1st jump completely topless. You kno give the tandem instructor something a little more comfortable to hold onto during freefall.:S thank you ever so much for your concern for, geting a free nippleviewing. ;) um i meant. my well being as far as avoiding heat stroke & sun poisioning you are a doll. that alone deserves a private message pic of the twins. huh? someday:P

anytime you say the word 'first'.... you will be buying beer.

First jump out of a different model plane, first jump on a new rig, first cutaway, first jump at a different dz, first off dz landing, first bigway, first solo, first anything you buy. Same rule for us all.
-
what if i substitute the term world premiere for the term 1st? does that count?

Nope - we ignorant skydivers will simply make you buy beer for your "first prem-ear jump wot e'er der hell dat iz", and again for your proper first.
~mom