Baksteen

Weekend numbers 21-22/06

Cindy fucked her knee royally - badly torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments on MRI - will need surgery this week, and out for the season for sure.. She is very bummed, as am I. [:/][:/] Please send her some good vibes.

Major good vibes for the chica. You guys should hire me at the hospital and pay me MRI rates. I just happened to be staring at her knee when she tried to put some weight on it in the hangar and saw the direction it buckled. Rosie and I picked her up immediately & carried her to the car, then I walked over to Erin and said, "I got $20 on the ACL". Major bummer...I hope the pain is manageable, the surgery 100% successful, and the recovery as quick as possible. Of course she doesn't get a hall pass to skip coming out to grill dead stuff and drink wine with us.

:)
9 tandems, 1 two-way hop-kiss pass-pop with Erin, 1 hop & pop to recover a tandem main out in the boonies, and one hop & pop after dispatching an IAD. It wasn't a particularly good weekend at the DZ. Shorthanded, students winded out much of the time, one vidiot decellerated quicker than his still camera could (no remains of it were found), we had our first two chops at the new DZ, and our first two injuries at the new location, including our first student injury in a few years. The injuries were the above-mentioned blown out knee and a shattered coccyx for a student who only partially flared while lifting his legs. That's at least one (likely two) 2008 skydiving seasons concluded in June, and I don't think Cindy (or the student, Dustin) will mind me saying that both injuries could have been easily avoided with the proper execution of a PLF. I'll be spending this week trying to figure out what I can do to reinforce the basics. I think you were in on that discussion last weekend where I was talking about the nice long injury-free streak we've been enjoying and how to avoid complacence so as to keep it intact. I guess I should have found some wood to knock on. B|

Last night we headed into Spokane and convinced my daughter to get into in-patient rehab. It was 43 degrees at 4:45 this morning when we woke up at the DZ and headed home so I could get to work on time. So far nothing has gone wrong today . . . hopefully the dark cloud following us around this weekend has blown over. :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

0:9:1
I left the company picnic on Friday a bit early to get in 3 jumps on friday all 6 ways and all with me practicing my video skilz...
Saturday I made 4 camera jumps of a 4 way team (without pay) for an MESL meet. We didn't finish due to weather rolling in...
2 on Sunday one 11way (turned into a 10way) all girls and then an 8 way all girls... with my cute boyfriend with the video attempting to not get all flustered with all the girls in the sky...
The beer is for the first video of a 4-way team for a meet.
I will never forget the sight of my boyfriend doing cartwheels in the sky as he is burbled by the all lady base...

:)/1/0

Brianfry713 took me on a tandem out of the Skyvan on sunday and I finely got back up in the air for the first time since my accident. It Felt so good to be back up there.

The rest of the American boogie was great too. It was nice to see everyone and I can't wait till I'm back jumping on my own:)
Fly like a girl

I will never forget the sight of my boyfriend doing cartwheels in the sky as he is burbled by the all lady base...

and to think... all the thoughts going through my head were: "I hope I don't fall on them!! I hope I don't fall on them!!!"

As the earth, then the sky, then the earth, then the sky, then the earth... passed in my field of view... :D:D

edited to add: the video is definitely year end material... :$
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

B|:5:0

A much better weekend for me all around!

I did a few 7-ways where I learned my weight belt is my friend or I would never have seen the group.

I also took some crit and worked on slowing down. I will most definitely apply that to future jumps...:)
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I had a great time at the American Boogie at Skydance in Davis, CA this weekend.
16 tandems, one of them with my girlfriend flygirl1 and a few other friends joining us in freefall celebrating my 1,000th skydive. 1 cutaway from linetwists on a tandem that we couldn't get out of by my decision altitude. Beer owed for my first tandem chop and a bottle of Jack owed to the rigger who packed the saves.
1 24-way sunset track out of the skyvan where I took out the rabbit, 1 track that I mostly led, and another sunset track to close out the boogie.
2 night and 1 day wingsuit jumps.
1 hoop dive. I took me a while but I made it through the hula hoop.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Saturday didn't go to DZ but did see Hobie dress in drag and dance Swan Lake for the CASA fundraiser that night. He raised almost 25% of the overall total donated and it came from skydivers. It was a lot of jump tickets.

Way to go Hobie! ;)

Sunday I got in a Hobiewife jump, a 3-way, and a 'bar fight' jump.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Made 11 WS jumps at the American Boogie. Brought 10 new birds into the flock with their first WS flight.

Damn, you're a photo whore! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Doc

Please don’t take this the wrong way. Cindy isn’t out for the season she just isn’t flying until her wing is healed. If Cindy doesn’t come out to the DZ and kick it with us I am going to hold you responsible and kick you in the nuts.;)

That being said good vibes sent out to the both of you and hopes for a speedy recovery for Cindy. If there is absolutely anything you need please do not hesitate to ask.

Rosie

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Please don’t take this the wrong way. Cindy isn’t out for the season she just isn’t flying until her wing is healed. If Cindy doesn’t come out to the DZ and kick it with us I am going to hold you responsible and kick you in the nuts.;)

Minor correction - her wings are just fine and can still get plenty of flashlight induced exercise :o . . . it's her landing gear that's messed up. [:/]

(note to self - put contact cement inside switch of Doc's flashlight)

That being said good vibes sent out to the both of you and hopes for a speedy recovery for Cindy. If there is absolutely anything you need please do not hesitate to ask.

Seconded.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Made 11 WS jumps at the American Boogie. Brought 10 new birds into the flock with their first WS flight.

Damn, you're a photo whore! :ph34r:

Nope, look at my sigline. I'm a boogie whore.

All the photos are my best impersonation of a certain WS instructor, *cough* LD *cough*.:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Cindy fucked her knee royally - badly torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments on MRI - will need surgery this week, and out for the season for sure.. She is very bummed, as am I. [:/][:/] Please send her some good vibes.

Major good vibes for the chica. You guys should hire me at the hospital and pay me MRI rates. I just happened to be staring at her knee when she tried to put some weight on it in the hangar and saw the direction it buckled. Rosie and I picked her up immediately & carried her to the car, then I walked over to Erin and said, "I got $20 on the ACL". Major bummer...I hope the pain is manageable, the surgery 100% successful, and the recovery as quick as possible. Of course she doesn't get a hall pass to skip coming out to grill dead stuff and drink wine with us.

9 tandems, 1 two-way hop-kiss pass-pop with Erin, 1 hop & pop to recover a tandem main out in the boonies, and one hop & pop after dispatching an IAD. It wasn't a particularly good weekend at the DZ. Shorthanded, students winded out much of the time, one vidiot decellerated quicker than his still camera could (no remains of it were found), we had our first two chops at the new DZ, and our first two injuries at the new location, including our first student injury in a few years. The injuries were the above-mentioned blown out knee and a shattered coccyx for a student who only partially flared while lifting his legs. That's at least one (likely two) 2008 skydiving seasons concluded in June, and I don't think Cindy (or the student, Dustin) will mind me saying that both injuries could have been easily avoided with the proper execution of a PLF. I'll be spending this week trying to figure out what I can do to reinforce the basics. I think you were in on that discussion last weekend where I was talking about the nice long injury-free streak we've been enjoying and how to avoid complacence so as to keep it intact. I guess I should have found some wood to knock on. B|

Last night we headed into Spokane and convinced my daughter to get into in-patient rehab. It was 43 degrees at 4:45 this morning when we woke up at the DZ and headed home so I could get to work on time. So far nothing has gone wrong today . . . hopefully the dark cloud following us around this weekend has blown over. :S

Blues,
Dave

yep....didn't properly plf - my right leg got caught underneath me funky so now I have a not so properly working knee. I knew I was screwed when I stood up on it....then knew I was really screwed when Dave had to catch me. thanks for everything guys and all of the good vibes being sent my way.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!