wayneflorida

South Carolina is so Gay------

Are you worried tha Key West and the gulf coast can't handle the competition?

That isn't actually SC's ad but belongs to a (UK?) travel company that proudly states "Amro is a 100% gay owned travel company that has hand-picked, specially selected travel ideas, hotels and destinations - saving you time, guesswork and uncertainty. "

Who knows, attract enough tourists and they might drop the state income tax. :ph34r:

"... this ain't a Nerf world."

Are you worried tha Key West and the gulf coast can't handle the competition?

That isn't actually SC's ad but belongs to a (UK?) travel company that proudly states "Amro is a 100% gay owned travel company that has hand-picked, specially selected travel ideas, hotels and destinations - saving you time, guesswork and uncertainty. "

Who knows, attract enough tourists and they might drop the state income tax. :ph34r:

I remember the sales tax there is only 4%. Would be nice to buy stuff at that rate. Where I live it's 8.5% I think. My state (AL) has the lowest state income tax rate in the US. Damn shame too, it shows in the public schools. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My state (AL) has the lowest state income tax rate in the US.

These states have lower rates: AK, FL, NV, SD, TX, WV, WA
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My state (AL) has the lowest state income tax rate in the US.

These states have lower rates: AK, FL, NV, SD, TX, WV, WA

Source? I swore I read it in the newspaper just the other day...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

According to Kirsty Dillury, spokesperson for South Carolina Tourism -- the new 'So Gay' campaign is an important one.

"South Carolina has a lot to offer gay travellers, and we think that people may be surprised to see our destination reaching out to the gay market," said Ms Dillury. "We are delighted to be involved with the 'So Gay' campaign in particular as it sends a powerful positive message to everyone that there is nothing wrong at all with a destination being described as "so gay". For our gay visitors it is actually quite wonderful for them to discover just how much South Carolina has to offer -- from stunning plantation homes to miles of wide sandy beaches."

perhttp://www.echelonmagazine.com/index.php?id=256
A man without a mustache is like a hamburger without a bun, Un-American.

State income tax? What's that? ;)

Never mind... I found a source online. I'm sure I misread my source. We have the lowest rate in something, but not what I thought it was. :$ Oh well, 3rd lowest among states with an income tax.

Hell, I don't have to pay my property tax. B|

Hell, I don't have to pay my property tax

So how do you manage that?

Disability exemption.

Edited to add: same applies to sales tax on automobiles. I haven't paid sales tax on my last 4 vehicles. :)

South Carolina's new tourist campaign ad targeting
Europe.

See pic

once it hit the news yesterday, didn't take long for the finger-pointing, ad has been pulled and someone is going to fry for spending those bucks
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

That outfit isn't quite up to speed is it...South Carolina is one of the most conservative states in the country. :D

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!