Sebazz1

Later ratings...

I did my first jump in Aug 1997. I couldn't afford to skydive but I figured out ways to do as many as I could and plodded along. Ultimately I had to make the sport pay for itself in order to keep doing it. I was so addicted to jumping that I just had to be on as many loads as effin possible. For 5 and half / 6 years between 2000 and 2005 I was at the DZ 50 weekends a year every Saturday and Sunday at 8am ready to bust my ass doing tandems, AFF's, anything. I also worked Mon thru Friday at my wuffo regular job so I was on the go 7 days a week for almost 6 years! Obtaining my tandem rating, aff rating and finally pro rating were awesome challenges and made me very proud and confidant in myself. The successes in skydiving translated to successes outside of skydiving too. Students always came first to me just as I would expect to be treated and was when I first started and I have some unbelievable memories that will never fade. I learned so much from these amazing people that trusted me. There were a few goobers too but hey it is what it is. ;) I have met and jumped alongside some amazing instructors as well. I needed the $$ for years to supplement my jumping and income but life has changed as I get older and more established in the real world, my priorities have changed. For a weekend warrior I thought my 1,000 + tandems and 300 + aff's are a pretty cool accomplishment. I will never ever sell my gear and I intend to stay a USPA member forever. I want to really make an effort to go spend a day here and there at the DZ just going out and fun jumping and hitting up local boogies when they're around. My wife encourages me to go, it's just that the sleep in the morning that I used to get by without is valuable these days... :)
Now will someone please trade me something a little more docile for my Xaos? ;)

Bye bye little drogue… B|B|

Cheers,
-Seb

Just as long as you're not getting rid of the three hole punch!!!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I was of Seb's students. It was only one jump, but he ruint me for life. After seeing how much fun he had during that jump with me, I consider it his fault that I got my coach rating. He can't have all the fun.;)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Didn't he have to pull for you one time even after you got your license? :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Didn't he have to pull for you one time even after you got your license? :)

Have to?????? No

Let's just say I had a slightly premature deployment and he was in the area, with a guilty face.>:(

The video is priceless. Luv ya Seb.

Jump an Infinity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't he have to pull for you one time even after you got your license?

Have to?????? No

Let's just say I had a slightly premature deployment and he was in the area, with a guilty face.

The video is priceless. Luv ya Seb.

Where can I see this video?

It was a fun jump amongst some friends and let's just say everyone on the load knew there was going to be a premature deployment except for Monkey, and really Monkey is one of the few people you know wont come kick you ass after a stunt like that and actually buy you a beer :ph34r::ph34r:

I hope our spouses are going to be ok with us taking that date someday. I wonder how many of the people here remember the auction!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

its pretty funny

Its similar to what my instructor did to me

It was on AFF 6 and i was doing a flip and landed on my back. when I turn over all I see was a finger in my face so I pulled not knowing why he gave me that sign.
When I arrived on the ground he said "sorry man I didn't mean for you to pull I was just laughing at you"

Monkey is one of the few people you know wont come kick you ass after a stunt like that and actually buy you a beer :ph34r::ph34r:

Did I ever get you that beer?:S;)

*still giggling after thinking of the dirt dive caught on video*

Yep, got dumped out in the dirt dive as well.:o:ph34r:

Jump an Infinity

Seb.. It was fun completing the AFFI course with you and racing to the otter trying not to trip getting the tandem rigs on.. Even climbing up and over the fence with ladders..

I have not jumped since May and only jumped three times last year. The hardest thing for me is to still think "what will I do without my AFFI, Tandem, Pro and Static Line I [laughing] ratings....

But, I spend a weekend a month now camping with my son and his boy scout troop. I have to rush to keep up with house work in our new digs and really enjoy living with my fmily compared to driving so many hours just to watch the weather :D..

I now exactly how you feel bud..

I hope everything is great with you Mon Ami...

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!