flyangel2

AggieDave swooping in Colorado

Last Monday I headed out to the Mile Hi swoop pond to bring Dave lunch and catch up with him. After he had eaten, I asked him to show me what he had, and swoop the pond so I could get a picture.

Well...........this is what he had!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Last Monday I headed out to the Mile Hi swoop pond to bring Dave lunch and catch up with him. After he had eaten, I asked him to show me what he had, and swoop the pond so I could get a picture.

WOW!

He would NOT have scored well at the Olympics with that splash!

:D:D:D:D
'Shell

He did get a repack out of it. He hit so hard that the reserve pop-top on his Wings bent.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Are you and Dave still in Co?
I wa splanning on going up to mile hi this weekend but with the DNC in town I am not going anywhere near denver.

Dave has to leave early tomorrow morning, but I'll be out at the DZ doing some jumping on Sunday or Monday. Haven't picked a day yet.

He did get a repack out of it. He hit so hard that the reserve pop-top on his Wings bent.

OUCH!!! B|B|

I'm guessing, other than that, everything else is okay.

And I have to tell you ... MOST SPECTACULAR picture! Timing is everything!

B|B|B|B|
'Shell

My timming wasn't so good. I saw him hit the water and dropped the camera. I then realized I needed to get a picture and that's what I got.

I've attached the after picture.

Here's what I got of AggieDave yesterday. I have more from today as well.B|

I think my picture is better:P

Someone else got some really good pictures of that crash, once I get a copy I'll post them. I was about 1-2ft too low and caught a knee. Once I caught a knee I popped out of the water (swooper reflex, right?) and hit a gate with the left 3 cells of my canopy. Well at that point I turned hard left and was swung quite violently into the air and back into the pond.

All in all it made me laugh really hard and one of the GK's was cool enough to fix my rig and repack it after we got it dry.

I had a great comp, had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I couldn't score in the third run of each event for some reason, so I scored low (27th), but the important part is that I had a lot of fun and learned a lot at this comp. It was my *first* USPA nationals I've ever been too and the first time I've competed in the open division in anything!

Yes there is a case of beer in my car to be shared during the awards ceremony tonight.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yes there is a case of beer in my car to be shared during the awards ceremony tonight.

Damn, I'm only 45 mins away, but I've already started drinking some Captain and coke, so no driving for me.

I'll catch up with you later.

He chowed after chow? :P No more heavy lunches.:D

Remember Dave, to wait a half hour before swimming.

Rky's pic is better.B|

Hey now, it wasn't the lunch that made him chow>:( I tried to keep it light for him, but he's from Texas so I figured he need that extra sandwich and the M&M's.

Awesome splash! I thought it must be a bitch going from the hot and humid air at 500 (or whatever it is) ft msl in Texas all the way up to the cool and dry 5000 ft msl in Colorado. ;)

Glad you weren't hurt. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

:o:o:o

nice shot! bent pop-top? dave, you sure you're alright? that really needs some violent forces to bent that thing, no!?

You ever MET Dave?! :o

I'd be more worried that the planet is a little off kilter axis wise....:S:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D:D:DWe expect nothing less than FULL commitment from Officer Tackleberry :D:D Nice on Dave :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?