mamajumps

What helps you decide which boogie(s) to go too?

Just curious as too what is behind your decision to go to a paticular boogie. With Halloween coming up and all the various boogies that happen around that time, I was just wondering what helped you to decide. For me it is the reputation of the event, and the one that I will have the best time at...

for us...some are just a given -
Lost Prairie for one and then CrossKeys/Chicago invasion in sebastian. Those are the two that we pretty much attend annually.

as for the others it is dependant on time of year, location, scuba diving schedule and if I have my kids. We are already looking at boogies for next year - we live on the west coast so it is easier for us to jump on the west coast - no time change and short flights; but will travel to other areas as well - just depends on cost of the flights and the amount of time off we have. We will probably hit a boogie in the spring, one in june, Lost Prairie, Leap for lupus, Hamilton. (no Chicks Rock this year or next as I am still recovering and next year we have a dive trip that month)........most of the time our choices can be pretty random:)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

your poll doesn't mention LO's. That'll make a big difference for me in addition to the above. Accomodations in the area are a big consideration, nearness to major airports is another.
All costs considered is another.
Finally, what it looks like from the air is a big deal to me. If I'm jumping over industrial areas, I'm not terribly excited as compared to jumping over say...Moab, Utah, or the beaches of the Northwest coast, or... etc.

your poll doesn't mention LO's. That'll make a big difference for me in addition to the above. Accomodations in the area are a big consideration, nearness to major airports is another.
All costs considered is another.
Finally, what it looks like from the air is a big deal to me. If I'm jumping over industrial areas, I'm not terribly excited as compared to jumping over say...Moab, Utah, or the beaches of the Northwest coast, or... etc.

yeah I thought about all that after I posted it. Unfortunately, the poll options can not be edited...[:/]

It's mostly distance and who will be there. Now that gas prices, jump prices and registration fees have gone up, I really take the cost of traveling somewhere into consideration. When I first started skydiving and was single, I traveled a lot more too.

Jump planes have never been an issue for me since sometimes the boogies have the same planes that I jump out of at home anyway.

LO's aren't an issue for me, I'll jump with almost anyone, even if it's just a 2-way with a newbie. . I just like to have fun.

Events....eh- I'm usually in bed before midnight anyway and it's entertaining for me just to hang out with people. Drunk people are usually more entertaining than a band anyway. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

electrical multi-player games
bonfire activities resulting in injuries
broken limbs from jumping off pirate ships
excessive substance abuse
wrecking cars/bikes on runways
static line behind moving vehicles
drunken base jumps @ 3am
golf cart accidents
drunken dodge ball

whatever makes you think they do stoopid shit?

electrical multi-player games
bonfire activities resulting in injuries
broken limbs from jumping off pirate ships
excessive substance abuse
wrecking cars/bikes on runways
static line behind moving vehicles
drunken base jumps @ 3am
golf cart accidents
drunken dodge ball

whatever makes you think they do stoopid shit?

You forgot drunk beacon rides... :P
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Cant get to any boogies
We only have a few decent boogies in OZ and they occur at times when i cant get time off from work. And when i travel to the states the boogie season is over.
No boogies for Squeak [:/]
:ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My criteria are does it start with Couch and end with Freaks. If so I go. For other boogies I look at distance and all those other things in no particular order. Of course if Skymama is going to be there that will always be a draw. :)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

My criteria are does it start with Couch and end with Freaks. If so I go. For other boogies I look at distance and all those other things in no particular order. Of course if Skymama is going to be there that will always be a draw. :)

we have been debating between couchfreaks and the bitterroot boogie....so many boogies, so little time.:):)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!