Brian425

Wow, the area by Andrews Air Force Base off 95 is a rough place

We drove from NY to NC and back this week. We got off 95 by Andrews Air Force base to get gas. I felt safer in Bed Stuy Brooklyn. Coming home, everyone is asleep, low gas light comes on and you guessed it, I am by Andrews AFB again.

This time as my wife goes to the bathroom, some clowns are mean mugging her. I was in a tough spot, 2 babies in the truck, and my wife 25 feet away walking through these clowns.

I stopped filling truck, locked the doors and walked to the doors by the bathroom. As I walked up, one of the clowns says "Be careful, it's a jungle here" I told him I was from NYC and not afraid of country boys trying to intimidate women. We stood staring until my wife came out. Then I quietly walked her back to the truck.

As I pulled out, the tough guy pointed to his waist, as if he had a gun. Then made a shooting gesture with his finger. I shrugged my shoulders and drove away.

I hate fake tough guys. Tough guys stand up for their families and friends. They defend our country. These wanna be gangsters get their kicks intimidating little women. They are tough in a group; but, not so hard when you stand up to them.

I'll be skipping the Andrews AFB exit on the next trip.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

As I pulled out, the tough guy pointed to his waist, as if he had a gun. Then made a shooting gesture with his finger. I shrugged my shoulders and drove away.

A clear argument for post birth abortions.:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We drove from NY to NC and back this week. We got off 95 by Andrews Air Force base to get gas. I felt safer in Bed Stuy Brooklyn. Coming home, everyone is asleep, low gas light comes on and you guessed it, I am by Andrews AFB again.

This time as my wife goes to the bathroom, some clowns are mean mugging her. I was in a tough spot, 2 babies in the truck, and my wife 25 feet away walking through these clowns.

I stopped filling truck, locked the doors and walked to the doors by the bathroom. As I walked up, one of the clowns says "Be careful, it's a jungle here" I told him I was from NYC and not afraid of country boys trying to intimidate women. We stood staring until my wife came out. Then I quietly walked her back to the truck.

I hate fake tough guys. Tough guys stand up for their families and friends. They defend our country. These wanna be gangsters get their kicks intimidating little women. They are tough in a group; but, not so hard when you stand up to them.

I'll be skipping the Andrews AFB exit on the next trip.

Proper planning my friend will keep you out of those situations. Another good reason to carry also. JUST IN CASE.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

i was actually in that area this weekend, and yes, it is a rough place...not what you'd expect in NC

Andrews AFB is in Prince George's County, Maryland.

The land area of the District of Columbia proper is actually fairly small, for a major metro area (metro DC). Most of the "greater/metro" DC area is in Maryland and Virginia. The roughest section of town in DC is SouthEast, plus the area of P.G. County that immediately abuts SouthEast. Andrews is in that part of P.G. County.

If you're traveling thru the DC area on the I-95 corridor, the Eastern part of the Beltway is the part that travels thru PG County. If you want to avoid that, take the Western section of the Beltway, instead - it travels thru Virginia and Montgomery County, MD.

I was posted to AAFB in the late 80s with Gulfstream. Before I got there they got me an apartment. It was right there where you describe. Not a good place. I ended up spending a lot of nights at a friend's place on First St a block from the Capitol. It was much safer there. I had an eight year old walk past me who raised his shirt to show me his pistol. Nervous doesn't describe it.

jon

i was actually in that area this weekend, and yes, it is a rough place...not what you'd expect in NC

Andrews AFB is in Prince George's County, Maryland.

The land area of the District of Columbia proper is actually fairly small, for a major metro area (metro DC). Most of the "greater/metro" DC area is in Maryland and Virginia. The roughest section of town in DC is SouthEast, plus the area of P.G. County that immediately abuts SouthEast. Andrews is in that part of P.G. County.

If you're traveling thru the DC area on the I-95 corridor, the Eastern part of the Beltway is the part that travels thru PG County. If you want to avoid that, take the Western section of the Beltway, instead - it travels thru Virginia and Montgomery County, MD.

I was born and raised in PG (still here actually). And yes, it's rough.