Squeak

TACA airlines

Has anyone here flown with them?
Opinions?
Comments?

I just got a great price on a flight from Lima to Cusco, but it's less than half the cost of LAN or Peru Air?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak, you fly in skydiving airplanes. What can you possibly complain of???:ph34r:

That said, TACA has been around a long time, so they haven't been run out of business. Of course, so has Aeroflot :). But in this case I'd probably go by price, personally.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Squeak, you fly in skydiving airplanes. What can you possibly complain of???:ph34r:

That said, TACA has been around a long time, so they haven't been run out of business. Of course, so has Aeroflot :). But in this case I'd probably go by price, personally.

Wendy W.

thank you maam, 75$ is a lot less then $200:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The first time I flew to Cuzco I was 10. It was a DC3, and there were tubes coming out of each of the seats with mouthpieces -- bailout bottles for the unpressurized cabin :)
Needless to say, the locals (identifiable by small size and gigantic oxygen-inhaling chests) didn't use them

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've flown Lima-Bogota with them a few times. Nothing special but not bad either. I'm not sure if domestic flights are much different.

When you're in Lima, you might wanna jump up to Collique. It's about 15 minutes north of Lima and they've got a little twin-engine Cenica that takes 5 jumpers. AAD's are mandatory there so if your rig doesn't have one you can't jump it, but they hooked me up with a rig for the day.

I'm sitting in the jungle in Iquitos Peru right now waiting for the rest of my tools to arrive so I can finish my work and get up to Mexico.
I got nuthin

I've flown Lima-Bogota with them a few times. Nothing special but not bad either. I'm not sure if domestic flights are much different.

When you're in Lima, you might wanna jump up to Collique. It's about 15 minutes north of Lima and they've got a little twin-engine Cenica that takes 5 jumpers. AAD's are mandatory there so if your rig doesn't have one you can't jump it, but they hooked me up with a rig for the day.

I'm sitting in the jungle in Iquitos Peru right now waiting for the rest of my tools to arrive so I can finish my work and get up to Mexico.

Thanks for the info,
i wont have my rig in Sth Am, dont think the wife would take too kindly to me shooting off to jump, after a month of jumping in the USA:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i wont have my rig in Sth Am, dont think the wife would take too kindly to me shooting off to jump, after a month of jumping in the USA:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Ask for forgiveness, not persmission!

SA B|
:)but after the states, I'll be trekking in the south and not jumping again until Europe, B|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I used to fly TACA years (in the 80's) ago on my dive trips to Belize. Started a really nice collection of TACE labeled drink glasses :).

course they had a reputation of taking off for their next stop around central/south america before they unloaded all of the luggage. [:/]

they may be better now.