crazydiver

PD Reserve Made in Honduras???

Giving it a though, it would not be a bad idea. You just need to buy a new canopy, take it up apart, draw some sewing patterns and make an exact replica of the original, modify a thing or two to avoid intellectual properties issues.

Good luck finding a test jumper willing to work for free. ;)

Also, I think you might be minimizing the importance of a laser cutting table for precise cuts in the fabric, and other Super Secret Trade Stuff done with the lasers to ensure a high quality end product.

No matter how good your design is, if you can't reproduce it exactly, every time, you won't be able to compete with companies that can, such as PD.

Giving it a though, it would not be a bad idea. You just need to buy a new canopy, take it up apart, draw some sewing patterns and make an exact replica of the original, modify a thing or two to avoid intellectual properties issues. Find yourself a master rigger who can inspect the products, give him a substantial piece of the pie, find some skydiver who test you equipment for free (they get to keep the product after the testing phase) ,register your company overseas, find an investor and you are in business.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahhaahah.............. Oh the innocence of newbees, it's so cute!!!! Maybe I should try to set up a company to build gear, that would be so cool......................... Oh wait, never mind.

Mick.

I believe that Kolla and Cloudi, evethough they work for PD, are not bias in their arguments. They are probably trying to score some brownie points defending the company they work for, but thats beside the point.

now THAT is funny. you obviously don't know either one of these girls. their comments are made as skydivers, not employees....

I learned a valuable lesson years ago from Tony Dominico. I had designed the first back pack that looked like a Velcro closed BASE rig and had the late Bobby Smith building them for me. They sold like hotcakes in the BASE community. One day I walked into Square One and there they were hanging on the wall. When I brought it up with Tony, and said he was ripping me off, he said, "Tough shit, that's how it is in the sewing industry."

NickD :)BASE 194

Hey guys, I'm not thinking about starting a business or anything. I just enjoy this thread going on and on. Is been a slow week at work. No money to go skydiving, neither. I'm bailing out of this thread. ADIOS

"Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I". pf

I believe that everyone of us had been a victims of low quality foreign made products

Yep, I've had plenty of problems with foreign (made-in-the-USA) products. I've also had lots of problems with products made in the UK, Australia, China, Japan, etc etc.

In my experience, the location in which a product was manufactured has minimal effect on the quality. The company doing the manufacturing has the ability to build a product to whatever standard it wishes; where it does this is less than relevant.

They are probably trying to score some brownie points defending the company they work for, but thats beside the point.

Ah darn, you caught me. I'm all about sucking up, blindly following whatever my boss says, and have always dreamed of being a "yes girl." Ask anyone who knows me... :D Kolla, on the other hand, doesn't need to earn brownie points with anyone. She's...well...KOLLA! B|

Speaking for myself, I was trying to clear up any misconceptions you may have had. Sorry for trying to educate you. :P:)
Anyway, I guess you missed this part:

I bought it [my canopy] 4 years prior to working for them [PD]...

I don't believe your post "sparked emotions" so much as reinforced the rest of the world's perception that Americans are ignorant. I wonder where they get that idea? :S:|

Oh well, no hard feelings. Even a Molecular Biologist can make a mistake I guess. ;)

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.