kj126

Good or bad in 08

Not sure why i felt like sharing this but oh well.

January- Both my Labs were ran over, they never really strayed all that much- one person said one of them got hit and the other was hanging around waiting and got hit also.

Feb- Lost my job of 6yrs- with a VERY well known company- was planning on retiring there but oh well, I guess I need to watch my back- Will never Supervise again, to much BS to handle with kid gloves.

Mar- got Divorced-this was coming to an end long before though-suprising she said she thought she could change me-you get what you get.
In the mean time lost everything-I slept on an air matress for 4 months with a 19"TV- and that was the lot of my posessions.

May- broke my tail bone trying to avoid the taxi way by shutting down a swoop that went further than anticipated.

July- Totalled my car due to flipping it- person pulled out in front of me but I missed them and hit a curb that tossed me over- in this state no contact means your at fault. Total loss.

Sep- broken ankle- tandem passenger sat on it- was really my doing though.

That about sums up this year so far.

I tried playing some country music backwards to see if I could get it all back, no such ,luck.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

Hey man look at it this way, at least you still have your wife for moral support and your job to keep you busy.

Now just be careful out there, the last thing you want is to bust yourself up skydiving during these difficult times.

It could be worse man. Cheer up buckaroo. :)

What you will do to keep from hitting the beer line.

I guess I did focus on all the bad.

My kids are health, I found another job, and things are starting to settle.

I have gone back to the phrase many times though:

Just when you think you have it bad,you could have been born a seimese twin(spelling) and your brother turned out to be gay,and you shared the same butt.

Wierd to say I'm comforted by that.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

My 2008:

Jan. - Went to Excellence Riviera Maya for 8 days. Awesome place. Then broke up with the dude a week after we got home. That trip was the straw the broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Feb. - Cranky. The guy I broke up with was bothering me all the time. I tried staying friends. :|

Mar. - Went to Las Vegas with the dude I broke up with in January. Lost $2,500. March sucked balls.

Apr., May & June - They must've been okay because nothing is jumping out from my memory that is totally negative.

July, August & September - Did my first tandem July 4th, then a few weeks later made the final decision to sign up for AFP. That was the best decision and the best money I've ever spent!! B|

Let's pray that October, November and December turn out to be wonderful months!!
Always be kinder than you feel.

My life rocks:)but in the last week, i have had a bee infestation in my wall cavity, my fridge has started to die, and my car has decided that the oil on its inside should be on the outside.
that's about $5,000 worth of fixes just before i start my world trip, so my thinking is, fix the bees problem (done), and junk the car and fridge ( wont need them in 2009 anyways):ph34r::ph34r:
My life is back to Rockin:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We'll I had considered posting my "Cluster fuck of 08'" post on my myspace, but if you want you can have it.

Jan.-
Feb.- public intox
Mar- Chick left with the baby (all in all about 3.5 thousand lost on that one, between housing and all. AND HER FUCKING CAR PAYMENT I WAS MAKING!! Sorry.) Actually this has been worked out and I actually see him more than I did before since I'm currently unemployed.
Apr- Moved into 3rd new home of the year (Actually purchased this one while shuffling 2 cash advances, and a title loan.)
May- Retarded amounts of work
June- "
July-"
Aug- Skydiving, decided it would be a good idea to burn it all down cause I wasnt really all that interested in what I had been working for the last 5 years (no more family in home.)
Quit job because it didnt pay a living wage with my school schedual, figured it would be easy enough to find a 3rd shift job.
Sept- Ooops there are no jobs economy sucks.
Oct- Well the army is hiring

You still win though alot of my shit was caused by me, still sucks though. Anyway your not dead and one way or another this too shall pass.

P.S. like the joke about the twins!!! [:/] Not like that though.

I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

when it rains, it pours.. Losing a dog is absolutely awful! especially under those circumstances :( I've had an enlightening but difficult year. Some very intense heath issues. two unsuccessful heart surgeries, a collapsed lung and chest tube, 2 stupid other surgeries and enough x-rays that i surely should be suffering from radiation poisoning :S But then i started skydiving in May and since then everything has changed. It makes everything worth it. I also ended a relationship that was way overdue but it has made me stronger even though ive lost a best friend, but ive made so many others ...

im sure there have been SOOOOME good things that have happened to you this year, think positive and do whatever is going to make you happy and have fun

you're still alive

What you will do to keep from hitting the beer line.

I guess I did focus on all the bad.

My kids are health, I found another job, and things are starting to settle.

I have gone back to the phrase many times though:

Just when you think you have it bad,you could have been born a seimese twin(spelling) and your brother turned out to be gay,and you shared the same butt.

Wierd to say I'm comforted by that.

thats the spirit

Jan.- got back in college
Feb- got a crappy job
March-quit crappy job
April- my dad started having serious medical problems
May- my divorce was final
June- broke my foot, started summer school & traveled
July- traveled a bit
August-started Fall semester of classes
September-got a new job as a reporter and photographer for a local newspaper
October-might have found out whats wrong with my dad

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I can see five possible good things in your post,back in college, quiting crappy job, divorce final (depending how you feel,) traveling, and the finding out what was wrong with the father.

I would say not a bad year :)

I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

My life rocks:)but in the last week, i have had a bee infestation in my wall cavity

Glad I'm not the only one that has had a bunch of angry bees giving me shit. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had a bad year like that in '06.
January: Best Friend of 14 years from med school and I had a falling out.
February: Grandmom died.
March: Lost my job.
May: Husband left me.
June: Doctor told me I wasn't fertile.
July: Thrown off dz on weekends because husband got custody of dz on weekends (long story)
August: New Boyfriend of six weeks broke up with me.
Sept: Dog gets diagnosed with Erlichia
October: Hit a deer,
November: made decision to close my practice.
December: had to move to California to work to keep from filing bankruptcy.
Jan 07: found out guy pming me on dz.com was actually erotomanic female patient from NY stalking me.
FEb 07: Things have been looking up ever since.

It'll all get better. You're just in a little slump.

Jan : Went speed gliding for the first time [white chocolate truffle]
Feb : My contract was renewed and had 2 great weeks skiing [mint soft centre]
March, april & may : Nothing much happened [Strawberry Creame]
June : work going great but the weather is shite. The Harley needs a new clutch [Nut cluster]
July : Got my money out of a suspect bank - just in time!! [Hazelnut log]
August : Got my Tandem Pararglider rating and found out that my contract has been extended for a whole year [Turkish delight]
Sept : Car needed new tyres and my bike is not fixed yet . Lost money on bank shares [Chocolate twirl]
Oct : Most importantly: The wife and I are still happy, fit and healthy. - But I also brought new canopy. Jumped with an old work mate who has just started. Got my Harley back from the menders and the weather has being kind - riding and jumping [Coffee Cream]

Life is like a Box of Chocolates :)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I can see five possible good things in your post,back in college, quiting crappy job, divorce final (depending how you feel,) traveling, and the finding out what was wrong with the father.

I would say not a bad year

nah, it hasnt been too bad a year for me...just kind of rocky trying to get back on my feet.My credit/finances are in shambles,I've lost most of my friends due to moving away from the ex and I'm still worried about my dad but I think its been a good year all things considered.If I dont pull up my grades in my classes and miss graduating in December then this year's end is gonna suck though.:S

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."