sharimcm

Finding a place in life... What should I be when I grow up?

I decided to go back to school full-time (since I'm unemployed, bored out of my mind and have never been to college), and after looking at the thousands of degrees I can get, I narrowed it down to three. The fourth option is where I am right now... Well, not the homeless part... yet...

All the degrees take the same amount of time (2.5 years going full-time), and I think I'd be good at two out of the four options... I've been working in accounting, so I know the basics, but I don't know if that's where I REALLY want to be. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up...

Let's see what y'all decide. B|

Pros? Cons? Good? Bad? Ugly?

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

1 and 3 seem like good options in terms of demand. i don't know anything about PIs as far as income, demand, etc...

yahoo even had an article on their home page today about "recession proof jobs". accounting/IRS positions and the medical field in general were in the top 5. i vote nursing!
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

The world will always need another naughty nurse B|

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

ok out of the list I'd go Nurse, you can get work pretty much anywhere, the pay is not to bad and you'd look HOT in a Nurse unitform;)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think being a nurse would give you more options since there are so many aging baby boomers. I'm sure they would appreciate a little naughtiness!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Nursing can be a great profession...it can also take a toll on you emotionally and physically - i encourage people to go into that field if they really love the human race and have a lot of empathy; not because there is a high demand for nurses or because they think nurses can make great money. I have seen a ton of people do it "for the money" and they don't stick with it for long.

I can give you great stories about being a nurse as well as horror stories, stories that will make you cry and then some that just make you shake your head - pm me if you want to chat. And just when you think you have seen everything...the human race can surprise you.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do...I know that you will do well where ever you land.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Good luck whatever you decide to do. I voted for nurse as it is a profession that is in high demand, and will continue to be in demand as the boomers age.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

I register for classes on Tuesday, and I decided just to do my basic pre-reqs for any degree. I've been applying for PT jobs in the medical field, but I got a call today that may have swayed my decision. I have an interview with a PI office next week. :)
Perhaps I can be a naughty nurse part time? I like the little outfits they get to wear! :$

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'll take courses for forensic science or criminal justice...

Fuckin' Cops! ;)

:D

I could probably meet a few being a PI. ;)

I'll take courses for forensic science or criminal justice...

Fuckin' Cops! ;)

mmmm...hand cuffs:o:o:o
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I vote for CPA. Sure you'd need a bachelors but the pay is higher and you wouldn't have to work weekends.

You are obviously not a CPA.

Actually I am:S

I work for a large regional firm. In the audit department. We only have to work saturdays maybe a a few times a year.