prodiver913

Ancient Symbols

Anyone have any comments on glyphs of spacecraft and astronauts found at ancient Egyptian sites and spacemen glyphs found at the Nazca Lines in Peru?
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

you can add to that list the hundreds of spacemen on rock carvings (petroglyphs) throughout the southwest US and California...some scary stuff!
And you can see living versions of them at Hopi-land...the dancing Katchinas!

www.petroglyphs.us

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Anyone have any comments on glyphs of spacecraft and astronauts found at ancient Egyptian sites and spacemen glyphs found at the Nazca Lines in Peru?

I think there are alternative explanations for the images which we perceive as "spacemen". Since those images were made hundreds, or thousands of years ago, by lost cultures which we don't understand, it would be incorrect to interpret them with our own modern culture and knowledge.

I see stuff like that in Indian caves in southwest Texas on my hikes and canoe trips. I don't think they're spacemen. But that's just me...

I think there are alternative explanations for the images which we perceive as "spacemen". Since those images were made hundreds, or thousands of years ago, by lost cultures which we don't understand, it would be incorrect to interpret them with our own modern culture and knowledge.

Agreed.

I totally see what you mean too. Have you seen pics of the glyphs of helicopters and aircraft? I think that's pretty wild too.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

It's just that we have evidence of 4000 year old symbols of modern technology. It's not fake and not altered in any way.

you can add to that list the hundreds of spacemen on rock carvings (petroglyphs) throughout the southwest US and California...some scary stuff!

I don't see why you would think that any of those drawings are aliens.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's just that we have evidence of 4000 year old symbols of modern technology. It's not fake and not altered in any way.

Are you going to link to any of it? It's difficult to discuss when we don't know what drawings you're talking about...

Hey man. I included this attachment. if you look at them you can see the helicopter and the airplane among other glyphs. These are from the Temple of Osiris at Abydos

Hey man. I included this attachment. if you look at them you can see the helicopter and the airplane among other glyphs. These are from the Temple of Osiris at Abydos

That sounds plausible. Aliens, from many light years away, came to visit the earth in a.......................helicopter?

That sounds plausible. Aliens, from many light years away, came to visit the earth in a.......................helicopter?

Xenu's backup mode of transportation.

Agreed.

Largely concur as well.

I do think it’s indicative of the amazing ability of humans to find patterns in images.

Back in 1999 I did a series of images for a 'science as art'-kind of art installation based on micrographs of crystals I'd made, called “Crystal Pteroglyphs.” I found all sorts of images from large Midwestern hay bales to whirling dervishes to a dragon to a critter in microscopic images of crystals.

The collection starts with a diptych (side-by-side images) of a pterogylph from Homolavi Ruins of northern Arizona (“Being whole_prehistory” and “Being whole_circa 1999”). Found my own “alien spacecraft” & "Martian landscape" too. :)
VR/Marg

p.s. Geek-tech: the crystal image was obtained using a Minolta Maxim 7000i 35mm camera mounted on a Zeiss Axioscop transmitted light microscope. Light effects were achieved via differential interference contrast (polarization) and/or darkfield illumination using 10x-100x immersion lenses. In the originals, one inch equals approximately 0.01-1 mm. The crystals are all metallo-porphyrins networks.

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Bing-Bong .... Paging Jack O'Neil or better yet Dr Sam "get your kit off" Carter..........

Source of Original Text

The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

if you know about theories you will know that "atlanteans" supposedly had all or maybe even more of the technology we have today and people back then (Sumerians, Egyptians, Mayans) were just explaining and talking about it. The theory is that the massive solar flares that are released every 25,800 years by a galactic synchronization caused massive EMP effects that wiped out all technology, causes massive earthquakes, and physical continental catastrophe. The same solar flares have been calculated by the Mayans and the date is 12/21/2012. We know that something is going to happen but could a massive sun "belch" caused by a magnetic difference on a galactic scale wipe out our technology? The Mayans believed so. They even said, " Time and technology will become irrelevant." So who knows. The most that happens with big solar flares is we have a beautiful northern lights show but what about ones on this magnitude. We'll find out. We also know we used to worship the sun back then (and still do if you know where Christianity and most faiths derive from) and the Mayans also said, " He will return." They're talking about the sun (or an intelligent extra terrestrial race that taught them farming and irrigation, science, etc.). The massive solar flares, that were told would come to them from a lost culture that had already dealt with it, would come back. I mean come on. They went from being Paleo-American hunter-gatherers and in a few millennium knowing advanced mathematics, astronomy, physics, and dating systems. We don't know. But it's gonna be fantastic whatever happens. I am not talking about aliens. I am talking about a lost culture that warned us. Other life in space is real. It's a mathematical probability but that's another forum.

whatever you're smoking, pass it around!;)

no seriously, Von Daniken made big $$$ back in the '70s with Chariots of the Gods. He presented "evidence" that advanced alien civilizations had visited our planet, citing Nazca lines, pyramids, etc etc. It was all bullshit & has been pretty well debunked, but some people like believing in that sort of stuff.

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The theory is that the massive solar flares that are released every 25,800 years by a galactic synchronization caused massive EMP effects that wiped out all technology, causes massive earthquakes, and physical continental catastrophe.

Galactic synchronization eh? That's quite a, uh, 'theory'
:D

galactic synchronization is real dude. It is when the plane of our galaxy and the plane of our solar system are aligned. It happens. And it just screws with electro magnetism in our sun releasing extra powerful solar flares. A lot more powerful than usual. Look it up!! The crazy shit is that the Mayans new about this shit for a LONG, LONG, LONG time!