prodiver913

Why is pot not legal?

Aspirin kills thousands annually, cigarettes and alcohol kill millions annually around the globe, but nobody has ever died directly from pot. So, why is it so bad??? i mean how can they ban something that is so natural?
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

i mean how can they ban something that is so natural?

Read the history of the laws involving marijuana and you'll see how we've reached this point from our history.

You might need to order a pizza and have some cheetos first, but at some point read up on your history. You can decide if you think marijuana should be legal in our modern era then contact your congressman to protest the FEDERAL law.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Aspirin kills thousands annually, cigarettes and alcohol kill millions annually around the globe, but nobody has ever died directly from pot. So, why is it so bad??? i mean how can they ban something that is so natural?

Because Phillip Morris (Miller), Anheuser Busch (Bud, Michelob, Busch), American Brands (Jim Beam), and legal drug companies like Bristol-Meyers-Squib, Merck & Company, and Proctor and Gamble don't want the competition from a product anyone can grow in their yard which doesn't cause hang-overs and can't be pattented.

These guys all used to be big contributors to a Partnership for a Drug Free America, although they stopped accepting the alcohol and tobacco contributions in 1997.

Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's not harmful and shouldn't be regulated(Think Socrates;)).
That being said, I think they should have legalized it long ago, or better yet, it should never have been criminalized. We spend WAY too much money fighting it, and incarcerating people fot it, when it is much less harmful than the other things you listed.

I've never used it, but as someone who has had to take several types of chemotherapy, I've seen many people benefit from it.
My $.02...

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Because of Reefer Madness. That started it all

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6696582420128930236

My buddy wrecked his car a while back because he was "high". It didn't have anything to do with the empty 24 pk in his back seat?????? The cops and parents blamed weed when the suds were the real culprit. If you are worried about Johnny Law taking your dime bag just go to canada, amsterdam, or or Mexico. You should be fine in any of those countries.

Or just dont smoke so much that you start freakin out looking out your window thinking that everyone is watching you.

Smoke enough till you don't really care, or smoke hash. That stuff will make you comatose.

Some people in the DEA probably smoke more than Bob Marley. They dont care about Pot. Its mostly the local Pigs you have to be on the look out for.

Or just dont smoke so much that you start freakin out looking out your window thinking that everyone is watching you.

Smoke enough till you don't really care, or smoke hash. That stuff will make you comatose.

Don't forget this!! ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hi pro,
Funny thing you should mention that?? It's all simple history, you just have to find the info!! "The Marijuana Papers" by David Solomon if you can find a copy is a good place to start!!! It's a collection of historical, scientific and literary writings about "the killer weed!!" I had a copy some years ago (the late 60's) that I found in a bookstore in Long Beach, CA. I don't have to tell you about prop 8 in CA !!! Try prop 19 in CA in 1972?? That was the "California Marijuana Initiative." Too bad the 18 year olds didn't get off their dead ass and vote or we would have had it!! Seen the movie about the first "Woodstock" lately?? Well you got me up on the soap box so yahoo!! Dig up a listen to Shell Silverstine's,"The Smokeoff!!" and Tom Paxton's,"Talking Vietnam Pot Luck Blues!!" Dig up and dust off your old Cheech and Chong "Up in Smoke!!" and their comedy albums "Cheech and Chong" and "Big Bambu!!" I havem' both and I still have the big rolling paper from Bambu and no we didn't roll up a bunch of dirty socks and try to smoke it (cough cough!!) Not to get off on a different trip but history is still history and if we don't "learn" from it we will be destined to "REPEAT!!" it. The history of POT is the history of GUNS only Pot got there first!!! How many Presidents have "INHALED??" We have met the enemy and they is us!!
BTW Are you a SHAZAM!!! Skydiver??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi pro,
Just to add to my last post a bit.
You wonder why pot is still "illegal?" The rules say you can't smoke pot, if you do you transgress and are a criminal. Well I'm just so sorry about that. Most people that commit crimes usually bow their heads in shame and say "I'm a criminal." As "Criminal" as smoking pot is why do people still partake? Do you accept the rules? "THERE IS A PROFOUND DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOMEONE WHO BREAKS THE RULES AND SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT ACCEPT THE RULES. ONE IS A TRANSGRESSOR; THE OTHER IS A REVOLUTIONARY."
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Most people that commit crimes usually bow their heads in shame and say "I'm a criminal."

Seriously? I've only met a couple of "criminals" like that and those were people who were good people who simply made mistakes. Criminals, true turds, are not the same people you see on TV.

Hi Dave,
'Ya drink some beer and cop a buzz, no problem. 'Ya smoke a doobie and cop a buzz and think,"For this they want to put me in jail???" Where's the problem? What is the substance for the criminality of pot? "Reefer madness??" "The 1937 marijuana tax act compliments of Harry J. Anslinger??" Here we go 'round the mulberry bush!! The subject has been hashed (is that a pun?) enough!!

I concur about the true turds you speak of. I really wasn't thinking of discussing "Psychopathic behavior" but I guess it should be dialed in there somewhere??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

The first state in the Union to have a marijuana law was Texas and it had to do with illegals coming across the boarder smoking grass and committing all sorts of crimes. Really what it comes down to was the illegals crossing the boarders and committing crimes, the grass was an excuse.

Read up on the history. Not what some stoner buddy says, but truly what the history is. Its very interesting and not quite what a lot of "stoner buddies" think it is.

I'm not going to argue the why it should or shouldn't be illegal, but as I've stated before, if you know the history then you'll know why. You'll also have an understanding as to what has to happen to change the current set of laws.

i have read about that law also concerning illegals crossing the boarder and committing crimes and it's pretty interesting. I understand why it's illegal but it's ridiculous. I mean it's 100% natural. Not cut in a lab or have any man made materials whatsoever. I don't think anybody is gonna go out and beat their wife or anything. Man has been using it for almost 13,000 years!!!!
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

There is a very good reason it is considered a Gateway Drug" -duh- because usually pot is firstly tried before moving on to try other, *a-hem* "stronger" stuff...

Also, but I think that Michigan is taking a step in this direction, though, since a "Legalized Medical Marijunna" proposal just passed on the ballots.
This should be interesting.

There is a very good reason it is considered a Gateway Drug" -duh- because, it is.
Who all have firstly tried Pot before moving on to other, *a-hem* "stronger" stuff??
No, ya don't need to agree, but it is true.

Actually, the first 'gateway drug' most American children experiment with is tobacco or alcohol.

Then the children think..."Hey, my parents lied to me....this isn't killing me! I wonder if they lied about anything else?"
Which leads to the kids trying all sorts of things.

Please, rise above the igrorance!

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I think it being the gateway drug depends on the person. I do it, but have never tried anything else. not even cigarettes. But you're right. It should be interesting. I was reading about the U.S trying to decriminalize it because we spend so much money ($50 billion a year). They're spending so much money chasing a completely non-violent crime. Oh well. Things will change.