ltdiver

SoCal Fire, Yorba Linda, CA

News Alerts all over tv, radio and the web. A friend just called as he tried to navigate the 91 freeway, which has just shut down. The smoke is HUGE and houses going up in flames left and right.

This is about 40 miles from my house, so no danger at this time. However, I can see the smoke from my house.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Brush-Fire-Shuts-Down-Freeway-in-Corona.html

http://cbs2.com/firewatch/Corona.fire.91.2.865378.html

Any skydiver evacuated from the area can contact me if they need a place to stay.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

its about 15 miles from my apartment. 3 miles from inlaws house. My wife works out off of weir canyon, she said there are fires all around her, and some just behind the business complex. they finally sent her home from work. Looks like they are going to have to evacuate anyways, and move all of the animals out. Now she is trying to get home, finding it nearly impossible!

Poor girl is also worried about her brother, whom is home alone, parents out of town.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Wow! Your Saturday just got busy! That's just too many fires and too many people to jump between! Stay safe and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

Looks like they are going to have to evacuate anyways, and move all of the animals out.

btw, does your wife work as a vet or at an animal shelter or something?

ltdiver

We got smoke everywhere and ash falling like snow, seems to be clearing up a bit now, the air is rancid.

Too early for snow, with our 90 degrees weather outside! :P

They called it an early day at Perris as well, as the wind was whipping up in the 50's or so. Dust, ash, heat, fire....sounds like a bad movie. :|

ltdiver

Incredible pictures: http://www.knx1070.com/pages/3325207.php?imageGalleryXRefId=826572

And many heroic stories from the emergency personnel, including 2 fire fighters and 2 policemen carrying out a non-ambulatory 300 pound woman from her burning mobile home! Amazing.

ltdiver

She works at Yorba Regional Animal Hospital. in the Savi Ranch shopping center. Reports say that the pestmart right next door was on fire, the mcdonalds down the street, and the kohls. We just check the webcams in the boarding suites, and they appear to be up and running, not burned to the ground yet. crazy stuff!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Transported a pt to Henry Mayo in Valencia about 2 in the A.M. Holy crapolli!! The "Sayre" fire was close. Man that shit is almost erie to see knowing homes are burning...peoples lives are changing in an instant like that[:/]

Heard they arrested some fuck for this one..

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Really!!! >:(

I heard that had arrested 5 people for looting, but they caught the perp who started all this? Grrrrrrr......

I could accept the wind sparking electrical wires against each other, but arson is just unforgivable! >:(

ltdiver

Really!!! >:(

I heard that had arrested 5 people for looting, but they caught the perp who started all this? Grrrrrrr......

I could accept the wind sparking electrical wires against each other, but arson is just unforgivable! >:(

ltdiver

With all the fires and all the news coverage right now, Im not 100% sure it was for this particular fire now that I think about it...lemme wait and see whats on the tube....:$
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Valinda and I live right next to the Puyallup River, and have the occasional flood warning. In fact, a few homes not too far from us were evacuated just last week due to heavy rains and rising waters. But compared to wildfires? A flood will leave your downstairs soggy, a fire will destroy all you own.[:/] Best luck to all of you, and my condolences to those who lost all but the shirts on their backs.

The Oakridge mobile home park that was totally destroyed up here in the Sylmar fire is being called a crime scene.

They are also bringing in dogs to search for victims that may not have been able to get out. The fire moved through so quickly. :(

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I drove the 91 freeway home from Perris on Saturday, apparently just before they closed it. At one point, both sides of the freeway were on fire, and it felt like I was driving through a tunnel. Pretty bad. The road was orange with embers.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I drove the 91 freeway home from Perris on Saturday, apparently just before they closed it. At one point, both sides of the freeway were on fire, and it felt like I was driving through a tunnel. Pretty bad. The road was orange with embers.

How are your Tyres (tires)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?